PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty, Kitty!

Gateholio
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM
A few days ago PG 66 mentioned to me that there was cougar hanging around behind his GF's house, and it looked as if it had ripped up some fencing near the chicken coop, too. She lives pretty close to me and I have a Foxpro caller, so I was enlisted after being assured the path out to the back 40 wasn't too treacherous for my damaged knee.:razz:

I've never called in a cat of any sort, but since there are always coyotes around that area, and I knew i was pretty flat, with only one marshy area and a bunch of willows to get through, I agreed. I wasn't too confident in seeing a cat, but pretty sure we had a good chance of pulling in a yote or two. And, I figured that if there was EVER a chance of calling in a cougar, it would be now, where we knew one was in the area recently. We set out this afternoon, PG66 armed with his .243 and me with my yote blastin' .223...

There isn't too much snow around this side of the Pemberton area so it was easy for me to walk with the bad knee. Only downside was getting a bit wet in the marshy area. We arrived at our destination, which was an large opening among the willows and an area for us to sit in the larger trees.

We were sitting on the west side, the east has a rocky bluff that PG66 suspected the cougar of using. The bluff runs to the south and north. South is where I expected the yotes to come from, as it offers varied terrain including grassy wetland. The bluff looked as good as anywhere for the cougar to come from.

We set up the FX3 and sat down 30 yards away from each other, so we had all angles pretty well covered. After getting settled (and remembering that my nice little seat cushion was secure back in my shop) I started to call.

Bartell had suggested using a constant fawn distress call, so I started of softly at first, and then increased volume after about 15 minutes, and kept calling.

Usually coyotes stands only last 20-30 minutes, but Bartell had mentioned to stick at it longer, so we did, and continued past 30 minutes. By this point, my ass was pretty cold and wet, and I assumed PG66's was too, but neither of us had anythign better to do, so we stayed put.

I also like napping on stand, so at the 45 minute point, I was considering dozing off, when a twitch of movement from slightly up on the bluff caught my eye! What was it?

I slowly moved my eyeballs only toward PG66 and very softly went "pssst." He made a tiny nod, indicating he had seen the movement, too. The movement disappeared and then we saw it- moving through the willows totally fixed on the direction of the Foxpro, was a COUGAR!! But no clear shot through the willows yet:eek:

Bartell had suggested setting the caller up upwind in the clearing, so that is what I had done. Anything would have to expose itself to investigate, and that's what happened.

The cat moved towards an opening, and PG66's .243 cracked, sending the 85gr TSX on it's way. The cougar spun around, snarled and thrashed and was out!!

Both of us looked at each other with our eyes popping out of our heads, with a look of "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN??" :eek:

It was getting dark, and we were soaking wet and freezing from the waist down, so we collected Mr. Foxpro, dragged the cat back to the truck and couldn't stop saying "Did that just happen? No, really- Did THAT just happen??" :)

We snapped couple of pics in the dark, PG66 said he would take some tomorrow in the light, before skinning. This was the strangest afternoon I've had in some time. Ha!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/111/96/526315515/n526315515_2538529_3996.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2171/111/96/526315515/n526315515_2538523_2671.jpg

hunterofthedeer
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
good story and that was a nice cat

killman
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
That's awesome guy's! That's how to getter done.

PGK
02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Holy smokes dude!!! Called it in!!! Now THAT'S cat hunting!!! Right on!!!

Kitimat Killer
02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
way to go guys on calling that kitty in nice shooting looks like a good size cat

kk

frenchbar
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Sweet!!should be in the GF good books for awhile also.

Buck
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Way to go i hope i get that lucky.

Jelvis
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
NICE! WOW! Great story, nice cat and good callin and shootin---that was a quick on the moment plan and a good set up--unreal-
Jel--way to go.

boxhitch
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice going
45 minutes ? tough to match with a mouth call.

7mag700
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
GREAT job! Nice kitty too.

7m7

3kills
02-08-2009, 10:02 PM
thats awesome way to go guys

bigwhiteys
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
It looks like Bartell has trained his son well...

Carl

Steeleco
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
O LE Chit!! you make it look SOOOO easy. Great going, so Chef, any good ideas on cooking up that tasty kitty???

Stone Sheep Steve
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
The narocleptic hunter strikes again!!!:p

Nothing like the sound of a fawn in distress to put you to sleep:smile:.

Awesome work boyz!!

SSS

02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Way to go Guys !
Some time ago some one posted " Can you call in a Cougar ".
Here is the answer, great story, what a cool experience for you.
Nice Cat taboot! Congrats !
CT

Thor Rider 88
02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
thats wicked congrats on that cat

bsa30-06
02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Looks like a decent sized cat, congrats.

Blainer
02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
That is absolutely great.
Those are the type of stories that make this site what it is.Great stuff!

BCLongshot
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Right on !!!

Wachtelhund
02-08-2009, 10:15 PM
All bet those horses are happier than anybody! Nice!

Shermdog
02-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Nice work guys, thats a nice kitty lol I would love to get one!

buckguy
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Job Well Done!! Nice looking cat.

Kody94
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Nicely done Gates (and PG66!)!! Congrats. :D

ElkMasterC
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Called in a cat...you lucky *******s...lol

Nice one!

Gonna do a rug, mount? What's the deal?

proguide66
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
All bet those horses are happier than anybody! Nice!
No shit !...I have a pure bred Canadian mare there with 2500$ worth of breeding in her...my gf's neighbor saw it a week ago , said it wasnt scared!
I'm not an expert on cats , but this thing seems to be ancient and very skinny!!...has no damned teeth left !...no upper fronts...both upper canines are broke off with clear holes to the roots...bottom fangs - 1 is 'normal' the other is also broke off close to the gums...but as well worn. I'll take better pics in the morning before he becomes a rolled up hide...:cool:...not sure he would make a decent full mount or not ??...whats a ' big' cat?...I'm thinking he might be pushing 8 ft off the carcass.

ThinAir
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
He looks big to me! Good job boys.

Fisher-Dude
02-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Wow! That doesn't happen every day! Not many cougars are shot off a stand! Good job boys.

Hard for me to judge the size/age as dark pictures don't show up so well on my ancient monitor. 8 feet would be extraordinary. Most really big toms are lucky to make 7 1/2 feet. Measure it on the carcass from tip of nose to tip of tail with a flexible tape. Taxi will usually get another 6" of stretch for you.

Laurence_Erickson
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
great job guys ,nice looking kitty

proguide66
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow! That doesn't happen every day! Not many cougars are shot off a stand! Good job boys.

Hard for me to judge the size/age as dark pictures don't show up so well on my ancient monitor. 8 feet would be extraordinary. Most really big toms are lucky to make 7 1/2 feet. Measure it on the carcass from tip of nose to tip of tail with a flexible tape. Taxi will usually get another 6" of stretch for you.
layin on my freinds shop floor along a stanley he goes 7' 4 1/2" nose to tail...not stretched in any way...I think he was starving...my horse might have kicked the shit outta it with it not having any fangs , maybe??

proguide66
02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
layin on my freinds shop floor along a stanley he goes 7' 4 1/2" nose to tail...not stretched in any way...I think he was starving...my horse might have kicked the shit outta it with it not having any fangs , maybe??
One of his ears seemed to have the tip freshly tore off as well.

killman
02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
One of his ears seemed to have the tip freshly tore off as well.

In the pics it looks like Gate has it in his mouth. The ole cougar muncher.:smile:

02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe a strange afternoon, but a memorable one...nice goin'

Johnnybear
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Great post guys! That's so cool calling it in. Those "AA" batteries are alot cheaper than dog food:idea::lol:.

Gateholio
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't have much cougar experience, so all I thought was that it looked skinny, and he must have been pretty old judging from the quick look I took at it's teeth. I am sure that +luck helped us out.:razz:

Both Steve and I are about 6ft in height, and the cat is held tight to our chests, so any cougar guys shoudl be able to judge it's size. It was longer than I expected when I first saw it, but not so girthy. :)

rishu_pepper
02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
bartell will be proud. "Son, you did well." :D

You gonna cook up that cougar? Save me some please, I'll drive all the way up Pemby to eat it.

BlacktailStalker
02-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Beauty, thats wicked you got 'em with the foxpro !

Phil
02-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Well done to you both! Sounds like a ton of fun!

Maxx
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
awesome story guys, that is a great cat!! You saved some of the blacktails from the paws of that kitty..

Elkhound
02-08-2009, 11:14 PM
damn.....now Bartell's head will swell.

Nice job Clarke

riflebuilder
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
great afternoon I would say. Congrats great cat

rollingrock
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice cat! But I'm not jealous...:razz:

horshur
02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't have much cougar experience, so all I thought was that it looked skinny, and he must have been pretty old judging from the quick look I took at it's teeth. I am sure that +luck helped us out.:razz:

Both Steve and I are about 6ft in height, and the cat is held tight to our chests, so any cougar guys shoudl be able to judge it's size. It was longer than I expected when I first saw it, but not so girthy. :)

First I saw the pic I thought Youngish Tom.....easy to speculate regarding his teeth. I have not seen many males that weren't beat up. It is a pretty hazerdous occupation they practice. Seen them with fractures and ruptured tendons and smashed teeth. Most breeding age Toms will have ripped ears as well.

Congrats!

Gateholio
02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
First I saw the pic I thought Youngish Tom.....easy to speculate regarding his teeth. I have not seen many males that weren't beat up. It is a pretty hazerdous occupation they practice. Seen them with fractures and ruptured tendons and smashed teeth. Most breeding age Toms will have ripped ears as well.

Congrats!

What makes you think young tom? Are there colourings different? Long and lanky like this one? To me, he doesnt' appear to have one of those giant "melon" heads we often see in pics, but doens't seem small, either.

The Hermit
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Way to go boys!!! Can't wait to see all the pics!!!

Sasquatch
02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Great story! Sounds like one hellova hunt.

Johnnybear
02-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Way to go boys!!! Can't wait to see all the pics!!!

Me too. You got any skinning and cooking pics Gates????

hunter1947
02-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Way to go you two ,very interesting wright up gate and very nice cat ,are you going to get the whole cat mounted or just a rug ????.

Congrats to the two of you on getting this fine cat http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

proguide66
02-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Way to go you two ,very interesting wright up gate and very nice cat ,are you going to get the whole cat mounted or just a rug ????.

Congrats to the two of you on getting this fine cat http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.
If anything it will be fill mount for sure...I'm not a fan of the rug with plastic gaping mouth myself...to each their own on that one...am checking out the 'mounting a couger thread'...there was a taxidermist on there that had a cat laying on its side with its ears a bit laid out and a 'casual look' on its face..THAT would be 'it' for me....its just he looks soo damned skinny..

horshur
02-09-2009, 08:54 AM
What makes you think young tom? Are there colourings different? Long and lanky like this one? To me, he doesnt' appear to have one of those giant "melon" heads we often see in pics, but doens't seem small, either.

Gate. It is my understanding that the coast cats are not as large as our interior ones so it is possible he could be an old warrior Tom of the type that live on the west side...

Gateholio
02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Gate. It is my understanding that the coast cats are not as large as our interior ones so it is possible he could be an old warrior Tom of the type that live on the west side...

I hope PG66 posts up some pics of it's mouth, and better daytime pics. It would be interesting to get your educated opinion on it. Neither of us have much experience in this regard, and we were just guessing based on teeth and skinnyness. :shock:

Gilmore
02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
That .243 is awesome!!!!!!!

trigger
02-09-2009, 09:45 AM
wow!!! Congrats on the pussy guys. TAG TEAM, I cant wait to see some more pictures in the daylight.

BiG Boar
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey I cant seem to view the pics? Wierd. Anyways, sounds like an awsome story. Refer to my "Best way to mount a cougar" thread to get some ideas. What a hunt!

houndogger
02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Way to go boys:-P I am pretty sure pemby cats would be the same size as Island cats. Big cats are in the 140 to 150. A few exceed the 150 but I would think they have a full gut of elk. Could be a old tired warrior if he is trying to get the chickens and stuff around the farm. Post up some more pics.

Barracuda
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
awsome job guys , and it shows that calling is means productive of produceing cats.

Mr. Dean
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Good goin!

I too would like to see more pics of this cat.... And I *think* that PHC offers BIG points for Cougars. :razz:

Will
02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Right on.........:cool:

Angel
02-09-2009, 10:39 AM
awsome read, cant wait for the pics. I cant believe u called it in to thats one hell of a story to tell for a longtime. GREAT JOB GUYS!

huntcoop
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
6 pages and no TB?

Mr. Dean
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
6 pages and no TB?

tod's on a bender. He won't sober up enough to work a keyboard for a couple more weeks. :-P

Salty
02-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Nicely done lads :smile: Sounds like that guy was in a bad way and ready to do a lot of damage to livestock and pets. Glad you got him. Add me to the list of looking forward to more pics :cool:

Gateholio
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I belive Tod is in Edmonton, attending the sporting goods expo.

PGK
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM

In edmonton, on a spending bender at a sporting goods show :lol:

Salty
02-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Something tells me my credit card is going to take a hit in the near future. .. :?

Gateholio
02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
In edmonton, on a spending bender at a sporting goods show :lol:

He just received a substantial bonus, I hear.

Tod Bartell + Gun convention + salespeople with expense accounts + bonus $$ = 17 new .260 rifles...:tongue:

rishu_pepper
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Lethbridge or something..? At the expo. He'll be back. :D

gamehunter6o
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I thought cougars had to be dogged, and with my stuffed knees a cat hunt was out of the question. Maybe a rethink is due.
Great story Gate.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
If anything it will be fill mount for sure...I'm not a fan of the rug with plastic gaping mouth myself...to each their own on that one...am checking out the 'mounting a couger thread'...there was a taxidermist on there that had a cat laying on its side with its ears a bit laid out and a 'casual look' on its face..THAT would be 'it' for me....its just he looks soo damned skinny..

Just saw a nice mount with the mouth open in a "panting" position. Looked great but forgot to take a pic.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
02-09-2009, 06:08 PM

A well done rug looks awesome IMO. I'm really happy with how mine turned out.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/catrug2.jpg

proguide66
02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Ok..unfortunately had to work today:mad:....skinned him out early am..threw him in the deep freeze...no time for internet THIS am.took these picks...I'll pull the skull out of the freezer later and take a pic of his smile.....the hide goes 7' 11 1/2 ".nose to tail just 'pulled out' on the porch..not 'pinned' or anything...not ONE sign of fat on him..not even in his groin area...nothing!!..anyway...he looks ' huge' on one picture but look how skinny he is....our local vet ( hunter , rancher ) said he was "waiting to die".:shock: anyway...here he is.....

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/wolf09005-2.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/wolf09006-2.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/wolf09004-1.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/wolf09003-3.jpg

has around a 14 + " skull..

3kills
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
thanx for more pics...looks like a decent size lion besides that fact he looks anarexic...close to book by the sounds of it too??!??

MOWITCH SLAYER
02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Awesume hunt!! Would like to hear more on the call you used. (who makes it and where i can get one)

nomad
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
From start to finish that hunt was nailed! Way to go guys!

Will
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
...he looks ' huge' on one picture but look how skinny he is....our local vet ( hunter , rancher ) said he was "waiting to die".:shock:

Right on.......That fella had the makings of becoming a very Nasty Kitty...hungry Lions are not good neighbors.

Good Job for speeding his demise before he got into some trouble:smile:
14" or better is no Small Tom ! :-o

02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
nice work!!!
unreal cat.
very incouraging.
where abouts in pemberton did you get it?

RustyRipper
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
That's a very cool story, way to go guys. I have a simillar problem at the moment; two days ago my dad and aunt went for a walk around the property and at one point had that feeling that they were being watched. When they looked over to the right there was a set of eyes staring back at them which turned out to be a big cougar that froze at the sound of their footsteps. They slowly and cautiously walked away and the cougar did the same. Close call. Although we don't have livestock, it's still pretty unsettling having that cougar wandering around here, and from time to time one of the many fawns that have been born last year turn up as part of a carcass somewhere in the back yard. One fawn who my girlfriend calls scruff but I just call him plain lucky, has a huge patch of fur on either side of his back shoulders and right by his neck missing. He's torn up pretty good but still alive, although very cagy which will help him survive in the future I suppose. Only thing Is I live pretty close to town so shotgun or bow is only option if I were to do something, which makes for an uncomfortably close shot. The other night coming home from dinner my girlfriend and I saw him scurry across the lawn right near the house. Gonna have to decide what to do pretty quick, that injured fawn call sounds like a pretty good trick, may have to try it out.

moosehunter21
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Congrats on the kitty kill.
I like the look of that cougar mount in the forum with the cat on a log lookin down on ya

hannibal
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Good job! and the cat went out on his feet and not due to starvation or sickness, that's better for him anyway.

Gateholio
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
nice work!!!
unreal cat.
very incouraging.
where abouts in pemberton did you get it?

Near Birken:smile:

proguide66
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Our local vet wacked a cat a week ago near Clinton. I told him I would cape it out for him so it was dropped off frozen at my house...well...unwrapping it I soon saw it was in the 'perfect' position to lay on the freezer inside the house to scare the shit out of my girlfreind when she came over :twisted:..I had to bend the tail down till it finally thawed enough to look 'normal'.....anyway....she came in...I was on the phone in the other room..she screamed REAL LOUD..hehe:lol:...then goes to open the fridge freezer...my skinned out couger head is in there staring at here with its frozen eyes !!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:..holy crap..gonna laugh till tomarrow...:lol::lol:... her dog trembles when he comes over and hides under the computor table..( rotty) and she puts a blanket over my full mount grizzlies head..hehehehehehehe." house of horrors"..lolol

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/wolf09001-4.jpg

Moosenose
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Good work guys, and great story!
That is definitely worth a cold wet ass.
When is the barbeque?

chilcotin hillbilly
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Good job boys. :-)Those young cats have a hard time their first year away from family. YOu don't often see to many fat ones unless they happen to be hunting with a sibling. The only problem with calling cats is you don't no what you are shooting, you could wipe out a whole family unit with one uneducated shot. Either way this one needed to die from the sounds of it.

Mr. Dean
02-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Good job boys. :-)Those young cats have a hard time their first year away from family. YOu don't often see to many fat ones unless they happen to be hunting with a sibling. The only problem with calling cats is you don't no what you are shooting, you could wipe out a whole family unit with one uneducated shot. Either way this one needed to die from the sounds of it.

Q; Wouldn't the little ones be fending for themselves now?

Stone Sheep Steve
02-10-2009, 06:23 AM

They are typicallly with their mother for 24 months.

SSS

hunter1947
02-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Nice looking follow up pic ,this cat will look great when you get it back from the taxidermy ,can't wait to see the pic of it when completed.

Just wondering who gets the cat Steve or Clark ?????.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Mr Dean, juvenile cougar will stay with their mother up to 2 years after that the siblings will often stay close by each other and often share kills and even hunt together for upto a year. Its not uncommon to find 2 or 3 juvies close together often hunting within a 100 yards of each other.

Ovis17
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Very nice. Looks like a pretty formidable tandem there boys, despite Gate's gimpy knee. Life size mount is the only way to go IMHO.

proguide66
02-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice looking follow up pic ,this cat will look great when you get it back from the taxidermy ,can't wait to see the pic of it when completed.

Just wondering who gets the cat Steve or Clark ?????.

Wayne , Clarke doesnt like cougers , dont you know the age of his girlfreind???:razz:...
I buy all the cat tags each winter sinceI'm running around out there non stop...you know its only time till 'something' pops up for the mighty .243
I shot and tagged the cougy....I think Gate is ordering a new rem 700 .243 today:lol:
Full mount is the only way to go for me.

longhairmtnman
02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Holy moly! A rarity to call one in. Real skinny looking for sure.

budismyhorse
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Congrats fellas!

Its always nice to hear about two good buddies gettin' together to tag-team a cougar...

Mr. Dean
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I really hope you fella's utilize the meat. It's a REAL treat!

YUMMY :smile:

proguide66
02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I really hope you fella's utilize the meat. It's a REAL treat!

YUMMY :smile:..yup...Clarke took the choice cuts for our club game dinner/banquet.

Fisher-Dude
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Congrats fellas!

Its always nice to hear about two good buddies gettin' together to tag-team a cougar...

Something from your college days you'd like to tell us about Bud? :shock:

budismyhorse
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
not me!

I don't hunt cougs

but I love hearin the stories

BlacktailStalker
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Any pics of the teeth ?

Mr. Dean
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
..yup...Clarke took the choice cuts for our club game dinner/banquet.

Well now.................................... What time is dinner? :razz:

proguide66
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Congrats fellas!

' taggin a cougy with Gate ' :eek:??...I just closed my eyes , went to a ' happy place' and hoped it ended quick.....:shock:

Will
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
' taggin a cougy with Gate ' :eek:??...I just closed my eyes , went to a ' happy place' and hoped it ended quick....
Just make dang sure he wears his glasses .......you wouldn't want to be mistaken for a coug and end up on the recieving end of things in that scenario :shock:

:oops:

Fisher-Dude
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
' taggin a cougy with Gate ' :eek:??...I just closed my eyes , went to a ' happy place' and hoped it ended quick.....:shock:

Bartell said something about "happy endings" when hunting with Gate too.

cainer
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Way to go boys-my dogs appreciate it!

ohno
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Nice cat. You guys "Got-er-dun"

todbartell
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
good job son, you've done papa proud, even if you didn't kill it.

huntcoop
02-14-2009, 01:48 AM
good job son, you've done papa proud, even if you didn't kill it.

11 pages and that's it? Dis-appointed.

hunter1947
02-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Now that you two have got one cat lets see you get a second one :lol:.