PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPSMAP60Cx, worth it?

huntcoop
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Cambodian Tire just called to let me know that my rain check could now be used as they finally got the GPS in stock. The rain check is for $239.00

My question is.......is it worth buying or should I wait for the technology to change and get something else?????

PGK
02-06-2009, 11:51 PM
YES!! I just got mine after a 2month wait. Best GPS on the market bar none, for a killer price.

kootenayelkslayer
02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
You should get the CSX instead. It's the same, but has the digital compass and barometer. I just bought one, haven't got to play around with it too much yet, but I can tell it's going to be a good'er.

tuchodi
02-07-2009, 08:30 AM
That is a very good price and a great unit. The CSX with built in compass, colour screen and uses the micro chips is nice but is also $399, if you can aford the extra I would recomend it.

Steeleco
02-07-2009, 08:38 AM
I have the Csx but for the $160 difference you could buy a real nice compass and a course on how to properly use it, should you need.

Cash the cheque already LOL

martyonthewater
02-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I agree with steelco, while the compass and barometer might be nice, I never go into the bush without a compass bearing anyway and I won't be leaving my old school compass at home just because i have a gps. I have the map60c and though it isn't 'high sensitivity' it rarely if ever loses signal, however if it's cold enough, or heavily fogged in, I'm not sure I want to trust an electronic compass that relies on signal aquisition

betteroffishing
02-07-2009, 10:32 AM
i have the rhino 530 csx and while i do appreciate the 1 unit that controlls radio , gps, and compass , i still carry an engineers compass in my pack , just in case i lose signal .

Kody94
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
You should get the CSX instead. It's the same, but has the digital compass and barometer.

Ditto. Got mine last summer. It rocks. Batteries last a long time even with the digital compass going. Keeps a signal even under a canopy, while zipped into a pocket on your pack!!

Schmaus
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't stress too much about the csx over the cx. They both have a compass just the csx compass will work if your not moving, thats the only difference

zedex
02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
The cx is excellent. I have a CSX and would not hesitate to buy a cx. The only difference between the 2 is the compass which on the cx will work only if moving. The csx also has barometer. Thats a smokin deal especially from a crappy store like crappy tire.

huntcoop
02-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanx fellas, I'm sensing that I should keep the rain check and buy it...

Steeleco
02-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanx fellas, I'm sensing that I should keep the rain check and buy it...

Good sences spidy man!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

husky30-06
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
that is the cheapest price I have found..... take it!!!!!

huntcoop
02-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I think I'll slide on over to Cambodian Tire and grab her on Monday. $239.00 does seem like a decent price. What about the Garmin Oregon and Colorado series, look neat buy fairrrrly expensive.

Schmaus
02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
The Colorado is the reason that the 60cx is a lot cheaper now I think. Its just a newer more advanced unit, it does 3-d mapping. Looks pretty cool but yah the price is pretty high, and I think the 60cx will handle everything I throw at it.

husky30-06
02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I do not think that a touch screen will last out in a bush enviroment.... don't know about you but my gear can take a bit of a $hit kicking... just don't know!

zedex
02-08-2009, 01:29 PM
The oregon and colorado dont have near as good battery life due partially to the screen being dark and always needing to be backlit. The colorado has the scroll wheel which i have heard is kinda cumbersome to input data. The Oregon is touch screen. Both these gps's are more suited to geocaching. The CX and csx are for the most part bullet proof. Mind you my last CSX was a total piece of sh1t. My newest one hopefully will be as good as i expect it to be.