PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats in Powell river ??

BlacktailStalker
02-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Whats the bobcat population like over there ?
Access ?
Anybody know where to go ?
Heard there is quite a few, not sure if its a reliable source though (Regs say you're allowed 5 )..

Lots of wolves over there ?

Dogs are gettin bored...

Geo.338
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I have not seen one in a couple of years .Last time I saw any I saw two in two days abot 10 miles apart on the Goat Main . I saw the tracks of one about a week ago on the Lois Lake Main .

I have heard that there may be the odd wolf around but haven't seen one for many years .

Saw a big cougar track about a month ago after a fresh dump of snow .

Tron
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey BTS I used to live north of town (Powell river) and when I was younger I used to stay at a friends (Lundschool) as he`s known on here. We used to here wolves around Lund and up the coast a bit. Never saw any but it sounded pretty cool. If that happened now a days they would be feeling some pressure.

proguide66
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Whats the bobcat population like over there ?
Access ?
Anybody know where to go ?
Heard there is quite a few, not sure if its a reliable source though (Regs say you're allowed 5 )..

Lots of wolves over there ?

Dogs are gettin bored...DUDE !..you want b cats?...I could put you on a six pack of kitty's an hr here in Pemby !

BlacktailStalker
02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Right alongside those wolves eh !?

proguide66
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Right alongside those wolves eh !? oh ya , I guess that sucks for houndsmen eh?....I'll get on that wolf prob first.

BlacktailStalker
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
lol lemme know when they're gone, if I pass through I'll bring you some beaver carcasses.

rishu_pepper
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
DUDE !..you want b cats?...I could put you on a six pack of kitty's an hr here in Pemby !

Good sir, I must take you up on that! :biggrin:

houndogger
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Andy there ain't going to be many places in BC where you ain't going to have to be careful of them wolfs anymore. I would be up for a Pemberton Bobby hunt8-)

digger dogger
02-06-2009, 11:56 PM
look @ areas that have rivers that salmon spawn. those sneaky buggers will dig them up & eat all winter plus give a ton of scent. happy chasin.