PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly LEH'S

srupp
02-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Well the spring 2009 GRIZZLY leh application is now closed..Feb 4th 2009

Notice will be sent out by Feb.20th 2009.....

Good luck to all those that put in an application on the lottery..

Hopefully some grizzly hunters who have put in for years and been so far unsuccessful will be drawn..or have never had the thrill of harvesting a mature grizzly.

cheers

Steven

BiG Boar
02-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Can't wait! I know its gonna happen this year.

Will
02-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks Steven, and good luck to others as well !

Yes this is MY year ! :razz:

Schmaus
02-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I decided to wait until the fall hunt. Pretty sure in my area (7-16 C), there will be no access until maybe the last couple weeks of May. Even then if you gain any elevation I think you will run into a lot of snow.

todbartell
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
hopefully mine will get there in time, they never got mailed until Monday :roll:

Gateholio
02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Now that I need kneww surgery, I am terrified I will get the draw:eek:

todbartell
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
kneww surgery? sounds terminal

bigwhiteys
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I put in for Coastal....

hopefully mine will get there in time, they never got mailed until Monday

I paid $18.00 to have mine priority mailed :)

Carl

CanuckShooter
02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I spent the money on 649 instead...figured I had more of a chance of getting drawn that way !! So if your favourite spot is the same as mine your odds just went up !! Rejoice!!!:lol:

Barracuda
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
we put sent them in a while back. I received an email recently from the ministry about my inquiry of posting the leah on line and all they could tell me was thatthey will be mailed out by the 21st but they dont know when they will be posted on line.

with any luck we will get one last grizzly hunt before we move down under:)

hannibal
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
My first time putting in so here's hoping:biggrin:

srupp
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Gate..you get the draw..we will ENSURE you get through the grizzly hunt...

cheers

some pretty good drugs out there for pain..and you can borrow my knee brace..

Steven

elkdom
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM

cheers

Steven

sounds like the makings of a Great Movie :lol:,,,

starts out like this! CHOPPER ONE ! come in? CHOPPER ONE??come in??

Yeh?? this CHOPPER ONE!, WHAT is it NOW??

this CONTROL CENTRAL!! please hurry!! BIG CHEF DOWN!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,over

:lol:

Dirty
02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
They'll wait a few extra days for the slow people :-P

Hope to have bear # 5 on the ground this year. If I don't get drawn I'll still be goin' as backup, or cameraman, or both.

Where are the pictures from last year. I remember you sayin' something about posting them up, but I never saw them.

Will
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Now that I need kneww surgery, I am terrified I will get the draw:eek:
Well you're the Perfect partner to have around if things go wrong then....no need to outrun the Bear,

just you ! :lol: ;)

BCbillies
02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Put in last minute for the highest odds zone I could find. Trying something different! In the end whoever has a tag in hand will be my new best friend. :wink:

srupp
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
hmmm ill pretty easy to out run me..lol hell Gate only has ONE bad knee:tongue:..

the leh.. authorizations are way up in #'s..not sure the amount of tags is on par with the amount of adult mature male bears..

However I do hope that a few members here get their first LEH for a G bear and if any of those tags are here in the cariboo I am here with some maps and some information if anyone needs some ideas..

good luck all..

on my way to kelowna in AM..hopefully have a renter for Moms house..:lol:

cheers

Steven

Barracuda
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
we put in for liard area, if all else fail the hot tubs are beautiful:mrgreen:

Will
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
we put in for liard area, if all else fail the hot tubs are beautiful:mrgreen:
Watch out for the hairy bears that frequent those though.......:-|

Charger440
02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I applied back in November for my first draw on Mr.Griz
Now I'm conjuring up the tag on my Ouija board.

Barracuda
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
you mean the ones with eastern europeon accents :lol:

Will
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
you mean the ones with eastern europeon accents :lol:
Those too ! :shock:

BCLongshot
02-05-2009, 08:40 PM
sounds like the makings of a Great Movie :lol:,,,

starts out like this! CHOPPER ONE ! come in? CHOPPER ONE??come in??

Yeh?? this CHOPPER ONE!, WHAT is it NOW??

this CONTROL CENTRAL!! please hurry!! BIG CHEF DOWN!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,over

:lol:

wa ha ha ha ha ha ha

2 2 2 2 2 2 funny !!!

BCLongshot
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
They'll wait a few extra days for the slow people :-P

Hope to have bear # 5 on the ground this year. If I don't get drawn I'll still be goin' as backup, or cameraman, or both.

I hired a chick who can channel.

She told me your secret spots.

ha ha :twisted:

Stone Sheep Steve
02-06-2009, 10:22 PM
No field pics from last year.:x

You had me wondering about your hunt. You seemed to MIA for a number of months right after your trip.......had me thinking "bear food"...

SSS

chinooker
02-07-2009, 07:44 PM
anyone on here ever hunt grizz in 5-15c across Quesnel lake I put in for there this year.:lol:

Gateholio
02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Well you're the Perfect partner to have around if things go wrong then....no need to outrun the Bear,

just you ! :lol: ;)

cheers

Steven

I'll take the good drugs for pain, followed by the good drugs for extra speed, and then outrun the bear!!:shock:

MRI on the knee went well last night. Th tech said he got some really good pics. Dont' know when the surgery is going to happen, or the recovery time needed though..:?

f350ps
02-07-2009, 11:21 PM
anyone on here ever hunt grizz in 5-15c across Quesnel lake I put in for there this year.:lol:
Isn't Zone C the Ghost Lk. area?? K Nevermind, I answered my own question and looked it up and we're both correct. I've seen quite a few Griz at Ghost Lk. in Sept. and Oct. Not sure how it would be in the spring. K

srupp
02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
f350ps hmmm Ghost lake.."home" lol one of "our "cabins when I guided for Betty..your absolutley right about being a good place for grizzlies in fall as there are significant berry patches in that area...and yes again the south facing slopes there do hold bears..usually not the biggest...denning "areas " are slightly removed from here..not the best place for experienced = BIG bears to den..however a very safe bet in spring for one or two G bears...

steven

jml11
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I decided to wait until the fall hunt. Pretty sure in my area (7-16 C), there will be no access until maybe the last couple weeks of May. Even then if you gain any elevation I think you will run into a lot of snow.

Probably a good idea since they dropped the number of tags in 7-16c to 1 this spring, which means your odds of drawing are probably going to be around 40:1.

Barracuda
02-14-2009, 02:27 AM
only one more week :D

the thought of relaxing in liard hotspring sounds really good after the long drive up there if we get the draw :smile: