PDA

View Full Version : Changing Kennels

dutchie
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I was originaly going to be getting my GSP from Westwind GSP's but the dog still has not been bread and now the dog that were going to be bread are now not going to... so i decided to switch it up.

I am now getting a Deutsch Kuzhaar from "vom Riverwoods" in Illinios. I did a little research into the Deutsch Kurzhaar when i was looking into a GSP but the biggest differance is the blood and what the dogs are bread to do.

DK's are bread to be a truley "do all" hunting dog. "Do All" meaning these dogs are bread to track dead and wounded game, retrieve ducks to near freezing water, point and retrive upland game (yes game, fox, yotes, rabbits, ect...) and they are clamer in the house and work harder in the field.

The restrictions for these dogs to be able to breed and be in pappered is very stringent to ensure the top quality of these dogs. My dog will be registered in the AKC, DVB and NAVHDA and i am going to run my dog in the tests of NADKC testing the dog to the German standards not the American Standards. The German standards are 2-3 times as difficult as the American standards.

Ans be the best of all the litter that I want is being whelped Feb. 10 and I will have the pup begining of April!!! I will post pics as Robert sends them to me!

dutchie

Buck
02-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Congratulations i have a similar breed the Deutsch Drahthaar i have taken her through the DD training. testing you won't regret it.If you have any questions PM me.

riflebuilder
02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
there is nothing prettier than your dogs first point and retrieve

Angel
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
great to hear i am also in the search for a GSP a good breeder and good bloodlines cant be beat. post pics when you get them.

Jimsue
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Good luck to you all, remember a dog is like a paint brush, just a tool. It takes years to become an artist, the dog will be a reflection of the trainer and the effort you put in.
Buying from a good breeder insures a sound pup, make sure they have OFFA certificates on the parents.

Jimsue
02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Just went on the DK site looks very good.