PDA

View Full Version : New to Kelowna (Looking for some guys to hunt or fish with)

cirino_22
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone, I just moved to Kelowna from Ontario. I dont know much about the area so im just trying to get familiar with it. I'm just looking to meet some good guys to hunt or fish with. I'm down for anything from deer to waterfowl, turkey, predators, bear, pretty much anything I get a chance to hunt. If your looking for someone to hunt or fish with, or you have some extra room for one more guy come hunting season just message me.

Thanks a lot, Mike.

doubled
02-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Welcome Mike, you never know when you might get a call. I like to take the odd newbie out.

Fisher-Dude
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Kelowna is a good club, remember though for less money, you can join Peachland Sportsmen's Assoc, Oceola Fish and Game, or Black Mountain. If you're a houndsman, there is Southern Interior Houndsmen's as well. Lots of choices, all full of good people! :smile:

BEARSLAYER
02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome to Kelowna. Like the Dude said Peachland Sportsman Assoc. is good and they are having there game dinner on saturday feb.7 It might be one way to meet some of the locals.

Hotwheels81
02-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Welcome to Kelowna! If you dont know many people in the area then you picked a good place to meet some of the locals...
Me and my roomie shoot clays out in the country once a month so if your into seeing some of the countryside and killing a saturday drop me a PM and we can set something up.

You might want to join the Kelowna Fish & Game Club too, good way to meet people and have a place to shoot in town.

best to take a tour of the facility before you lay down the green for a membership... there rifle range is not for eveyone but all in all its a nice place to shoot....

Flinch
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Kelowna. Like the Dude said Peachland Sportsman Assoc. is good and they are having there game dinner on saturday feb.7 It might be one way to meet some of the locals.

Even a few tickets left for Saturday's banquet. Valley Glass in downtown West Kelowna has them.

300H&H
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome to K-town.
What part of Ont. did you move from & why did it take you soooo long ?
We (Mom/Dad & I) moved here when I was 7 (1973) from a small mining town (Manitouwadge) half way between Thunderbay & S.St.Marie. In winter I use to walk up the snow bank ON TO the roof of the garage. Here, you need a ladder.
So back in Ont. you must have hunted "TURKEYS". So I offically "claim" you as my turkey calling buddy. You are GOOD at calling right ?

lucky07
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Word of advice man .... don't ever come back to Ontario. I moved to kelowna in 07 and moved back last year due to financial issues ... I regret moving back here you can't even imagine. My only regret in life and the worst decision I've ever made ..... ok I'm done sobbing ... :-(

Enjoy the mountains man... I sure miss em'

cirino_22
02-05-2009, 12:29 AM
I've only been here for like a week and I love it already. I dont plan on going back to Ontario anytime soon. I appreciate all the feedback. I'm going to join one of the clubs for sure. Probably Kelowna or Oceola bacause theyre the closest to me and I've heard good things about both. And 300H@H, ya I can call turkeys and Id love to get out this spring so let me know...

Stone Sheep Steve
02-05-2009, 05:58 AM
I've only been here for like a week and I love it already. I dont plan on going back to Ontario anytime soon. I appreciate all the feedback. I'm going to join one of the clubs for sure. Probably Kelowna or Oceola bacause theyre the closest to me and I've heard good things about both. And 300H@H, ya I can call turkeys and Id love to get out this spring so let me know...

I'd be leary about joining the Oceola club. The guys at the helm out there are nothing but trouble;).

SSS

Teal
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I just moved to Kelowna in July myself and have really enjoyed the Kelowna fish & game club. A great club with great facilities.

Hotwheels81
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd be leary about joining the Oceola club. The guys at the helm out there are nothing but trouble:wink:.

sounds like my kinda place... where do i sign up? and where is it?