PDA

View Full Version : Any sugguestions for 5 02 C

talver
10-24-2005, 03:02 PM
my partner and I drew out for mulie does in 5 02 C problem is we have never hunted up there thinking of going up on the long weekend in november.The only thing is that my partner is on cruches do to a disabling injury at work, so he unable to walk. I have been told there is deer every where up there and told 150 mile house is a good spot any sugesstions or good spot to go to would be great

hitch
10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Anywhere in 5-02 along the Fraser River you'll find tons of deer especially does.
I hunt 5-04 but I think the season changes on the 20th from any buck to 4 point. A good week to go catch the last days of any buck and the first days of 4 point.

talver
10-27-2005, 08:02 PM
thank for the info hitch

shortroot
10-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Any of the side roads taking you off the east side of the highway between Lac La Hache and McLeese Lake would be good. Try Knife Creek or the road out to Likely/Horsefly or around Tyee Lake. The only place you will be able to get near the Fraser in zone "C" is between Williams Lake and McLeese Lake (Soda Creek Road). There are a couple spots that have some good access, just watch out for private land. Good luck, and remember that if you are on a highways maintained road the right-of-way allowance often extends into the timber a short ways. Don't want anyone getting into a pickle:oops:

oldtimer
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Talver. anywhere along the highway all the way to Quesnel. Lots of private land on both sides of the highway but once threw them the hunting is great, does everywhere. I would stay away fom the river side as too much private land and not all marked. The road up to the mine from Mcleese lake is good. From 100 mile house out towards canim lake I have heard is good just make sure you are still in 5-2 on that road. You shouldn't have any trouble filling that tag. Good luck Mike

willyqbc
10-28-2005, 03:46 PM
anywhere along the highway all the way to Quesnel.

Do not hunt all the way to Quesnel as you will run into 5-02 D and the CO's will be somewhat upset with you!!:(

Chris

talver
10-29-2005, 11:25 PM
thanks for the info guys

Boo
10-30-2005, 07:59 AM
The road up to the mine from Mcleese lake is good.

Most of it is also in a no-shooting area as well as being in Zone D.

talver, When are you planning on heading up this way?

talver
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
will be leaving the evening of tthe 9th should be hunting on the morning of the 10th hope there is some snow up there and lots of deer.

oldtimer
10-31-2005, 11:21 AM
sorry about the mix-up .I was just thinking all of region 5-2. duhhhhhhhhhh Mike