PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back from McBride

Byson
10-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Went on a two week trip to MCbride we started hunting on the 9th more of a scouting day. My partner and I both had Cow Moose draws the on the 10th was open for us we could shoot anything but the big bulls first day Stu Drops a Cow 11:30 morning I found him he was 2km of the road I was thinking what work this is going to be when i saw a truck on the other side of the river so we cut her up into quarters and went through the river waist deep. I was the only one with spare clothes in the Truck. Day 2 I got my Cow 1:30 150 yards of the road this was easy work still had to quarter it up but no problem. well two days two moose this is were are luck ran out the next day we didn't hunt did laundry but thrusday hunting for deer I was driving a branch came up a smashed out my front side window no big deal still out hunting but than my tranny locks up now were screwed a wrecker had to tow us to the nerest Ford Dealer for Warenty from Mcbride so we go to prince and get a rental and continue to hunt I manage to get a 3 point buck mule deer a few days latter. We got are Moose cut in Mcbride Jason does a good job he make Sausages the works I phone prince george ford they say are truck is ready so we pack up the meat and are stuff go to prince and they lied our truck is not done we manage to put are meat in another freezer chilako meats in prince stay the night. So the next day we are driving to the coast and my truck only makes it to Quesnel so we manage to put the meat in Franks market a hunting store that cuts meat spend the night in Quesnel and the next day we made it home with all our meat still frozen, Ford warrenty owes me over 900.00 which they say the only cover 500.00 but I have 2 diffrent work orders and this is my angle on fighting. Other than the truck it was fun you can see the pics here
http://dale-allan.magix.net (http://dale-allan.magix.net/) My partner Moose on the Meat Hook was 346pounds my moose was 365 pounds my mule deer was 145 pounds.

Byson
10-24-2005, 01:47 PM
the pics are in the Hunting folder and its a slide show i guess

Ronforca
10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Good going Byson.The slide show looks great.Guess that you wont be eating any Bologna this winter.Congrats.again.:)
Ron

todbartell
10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
congrats on the hunt! too bad about the FORD :tongue: :rolleyes:

Freshtracks
10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Congrats on a successful trip ... looks like some good eating.

Good looking buck.;)

Husky7mm
10-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Congradulations on the hunt, maybe now everybody that reads this will know where to put in for cow moose! Sorry about your luck on the truck.

Byson
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Congradulations on the hunt, maybe now everybody that reads this will know where to put in for cow moose! Sorry about your luck on the truck.Sure Region 7-5 go ahead, There is still the Hunt inside the Hunt besides I think a Little luck was on our side to get our Moose this Quick.