PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk sheep II

Bighorn hunter
01-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Just wondering how many of us on this site are avid sheep hunters? How many are in the works of planning a trip for this season?I was just down at the SCI show with my hunting partner and my dad and I managed to squeeze some info out of my dad on a couple spots he used to hit with great succes.One spot I can get to with my river boat and about a 8 mile hike, the other is a fly in and a 15 mile grunt.Have to do some thinking and decide which is best. Just reading some of the other threads on peoples plans has really got the juices flowing.Looks like it will be another long wait for august 1st.

I would have done a poll for this, but know clue how

Cheers
BH

Kitimat Killer
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
im planning a trip for sure this year just not sure to stay in Region 6 or go to 7 it's all up in the air for now of course enless i get my dall draw then im going into the park.

kk

PGK
01-31-2009, 06:12 PM
You guys talk, I'll listen ;)

ultramagbob
01-31-2009, 06:17 PM
You guys talk, I'll listen ;)

I call BS..u have all the answers

Gateholio
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm a wannabe sheep hunter:p

3 sheep tags, 1 miss, 1 I coudln't decide if it was legal so I passed and last year there was an outfitter on the other side of the mountain closer to the legal rams than we were!:p

I hope to go again this year, but I guess that depends on knee surgery.:(

BlacktailStalker
01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
First time this year.
Like Arnie said, "I'll be back."
Like to do a fly in next.

Ambush
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, for sure. I have my eye on a very small lake that will require a blindfold and a few drinks for me, and a very savvy pilot!

slyfox
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
I going to start in ek this year for a week then goats when i get back in squamish for a couple days and if no luck in the koots im hunting reg 3 for rest of the season.

6 K
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Just plain ichen to get my second ram. Got a L.E.H. plan and a back up. And a whole lot of time off this year. Can't hardly wait.

bridger
01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
I have hunted sheep each year since 1968 sometimes twice a year so I guess that makes me an avid sheep hunter. I have been very fortunate to have the same hunting partner all those years and we have never had an argument about where to go, who shoots first, etc. we are going hunting stones August 1 and if we have no sucess are going looking for bighorns

PGK
01-31-2009, 07:51 PM
I call BS..u have all the answers

Aboot feesh, not sheeps

Jetboater
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Ill be going this year for stones, unless I get a draw for the white kind.....a little boat ride in...

Kitimat Killer
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM
im the same praying for the tag for dalls for me but if not just talked to a good friend about sheep hunting this year on the phone and he wants to go and he's got lots of horses and said if we go for stones it will be on horse back

Deaddog
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
two weeks in the MK for stones... will be the 10th year in a row sheep hunting.... pulling the trigger doesn't matter as much as seeing new country ... and of course a few sheep!!

BCrams
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
As with past trips - will likely return this year with scenic photo's of Stone's sheep country.

mwj
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
31 sheep trips under my belt. hunted in reg. 3,4,6,7 and 8 and i still get that special feeling when i peek over the ridge into the next basin. i guess thats what keeps me going back!

bigwhiteys
01-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep, will be going for Stone's again this year... August or Sept, haven't really decided yet... Lots of places to go, do we try for some of the X's in the old family stomping grounds or go back to where we were onto some legal rams last year...? Decisions....

Also likely bringing along a non-hunter this year. A friend in good shape, is going out and starting to buy up his gear, (boots, etc...) He won't need any of the hunting essentials so he'll be helping us out with some weight transfer for sure :)

Carl

GoatGuy
01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Couple weeks planned for up north in Sept and then a week or two down south. Bit of scouting (err I mean vacation :oops:) in July. Can count on being injured for at least one of those trips.

kennyj
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
I'll be heading up for stones this year I hope.
kenny

jml11
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Ever since I got my first Stone in '06 I have been addicted to sheep hunting, even though I havn't been back hunting them I spent a lot my spare time, and some work time (but I can blame that on BCrams :-P) researching potential hunts all over the province. Being that the wife and I are in family making mode it's though to get away for extended trips right now (2nd kid due end of june). May still be able to get away fro a week stone's hunt late Aug/early sept, fingers crossed. Of course a coveted LEH draw will also change my plans in hurry!

BCbillies
01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
I should not could not go two seasons without a sheep hunt! LEH for thinhorn in August and bighorn for mid October.

01-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Will try again to draw a tag for Dalls.

01-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Fingers crossed for the ump-teenth time for Cali's on LEH, can't get back up north quick enough for Stone's, White sheep I still have a faint hope clause for some day, and the Rockies may get studied a little closer this year.

Gotsta love Huntin Them Rams !

CT

SteadyGirl
01-31-2009, 11:59 PM
It would be nice to get the Grand Forks draw :lol: My friend Darcy Mussel shot a dandy full curl last fall out of Grand Forks. I should try and post a pic, she is mega hot so its quite the pic too

Brambles
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
It would be nice to get the Grand Forks draw :lol: My friend Darcy Mussel shot a dandy full curl last fall out of Grand Forks. I should try and post a pic, she is mega hot so its quite the pic too

I'd love to see the ram that got shot in Grand Forks, won't hurt that there's a hottie in it too ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM

If she's worried about secrecy, you can blot out the face of the ram:smile:.

I think I'm going to focus on grouse and snow shoe hares this year.

SSS

SteadyGirl
02-01-2009, 12:37 AM

SSS

Why? Is your wife pregnant again?:lol:

Brambles
02-01-2009, 12:38 AM

SSS

Classic worm boy, absolutly classic:lol:

Brambles
02-01-2009, 12:40 AM
SSS

Why? Is your wife pregnant again?:lol:

He's a pisstank and drinks all his hunting money away. Plus his job sucks and can't get any time off to hunt, well I guess if the power goes out he can sneek away early, but big friggin deal:biggrin:

boxhitch
02-01-2009, 07:42 AM
SSSahahaha A great line, attago, true to creed.

boxhitch
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Why? Is your wife pregnant again?:lol:Musta been the delivery-boy.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-01-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm still packing "heat" but my wife will not go into "it".

I was joking about chasing birdies and bunnies....although I did enjoy getting my kids out for the Aug 1st opener the year I did not head north for sheep.

Somehow.....somewhere.

SSS

SteadyGirl
02-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm still packing "heat" but my wife will not go into "it".

SSS

Smart wife - Rule 1 of rifle safety

keep your fingers off the trigger :lol:

02-01-2009, 09:24 AM
OK Steady girl, calling you out ! LOL
It's always nice to see a Dandy Ram on here, but if your friend is Mega hot like you say we'd all love to see a Photo of the 2.
The only thing better seeing pictures of youngsters hunting with their parents or grandparent getting into our sport, is a Mega hotty with her quarry !
Looking forward to it.
CT

yama49
02-01-2009, 10:07 AM
OK Steady girl, calling you out ! LOL
It's always nice to see a Dandy Ram on here, but if your friend is Mega hot like you say we'd all love to see a Photo of the 2.
The only thing better seeing pictures of youngsters hunting with their parents or grandparent getting into our sport, is a Mega hotty with her quarry !
Looking forward to it.
CT

I agree 100%. Well said.....

vortex
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
mmmmmmmm....mega hot chicks and full curl rams.....mmmmmmm:tongue:

SteadyGirl
02-01-2009, 11:01 AM
she even put on the bright red lipstick, man she kills me:tongue:

give me time, give me time

Brambles
02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
she even put on the bright red lipstick, man she kills me:tongue:

give me time, give me time

You've had ample time already, I'm recommending you get BANNED:razz:

Bighorn hunter
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Great to see so many of us are impatiently wait ing the season opener.The past few seasons have been spent trying to get my partner a bighorn to compliment his stone. We managed to accomplish this last year, so for next year we are going to start putting in for the white sheep,and that would be our main hunt for the season.

Seeing as so many of us are waiting for the dall draw, why not get together on this and select just one of us from the site to put in each year to help reduce the odds. I'll pic?????????????? ME, sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Gateholio
02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
You've had ample time already, I'm recommending you get BANNED:razz:

If she does not produce, I will ban her.:grin:

d6dan
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Steadygirl, lets see some pics of your friends sheep or Maybe her...

SteadyGirl
02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
maybe if you guys weren't such vultures:mrgreen:she would join the site

patience!

Brambles
02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
maybe if you guys weren't such vultures:mrgreen:she would join the site

patience!

Patience is a Virtue, last time I checked no one on this site had any Virtures:smile:

Strike two, you get another one and Gatehouse gonna touch that majic button

daycort
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
I will be going alot more for sheep now that work has brought me home every nite. Before When I worked away from home weeks at a time I hated going away for to long because I wouldn't see the kids for over a month. Not anymore....I am probably going to hunt off the hi-way this year....

bruin
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't miss a sheep season. I'll spend July-end of september in the Mackenzies for dalls and then I would like to put in some time and try and find a bighorn here in October. I am also putting in for a desert in Utah but that is more than a long shot.

BCRiverBoater
02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I would consider myself a sheep addict. Try to get out most years and sometimes twice. Nothing beats being on top of a mountain glassing for hours and hours.

Rackmastr
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I will be making a trip to the Willmore Wilderness in Alberta hopefully for bighorns this year......backpack trip deep in if all works out well...

NEXT season by this time I'll be a BC resident if all the plans fall into place.....woooo

budismyhorse
02-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Wilmore bighorn hunt??? consider me jealous. that is an amazing area to spend time in!

PGK
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I will be making a trip to the Willmore Wilderness in Alberta hopefully for bighorns this year......backpack trip deep in if all works out well...

NEXT season by this time I'll be a BC resident if all the plans fall into place.....woooo

Trophy draw?? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

goatdancer
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
SteadyGirl

We're not vultures. We're just normal, red-blooded, Canadian perverts.......

Buck
02-02-2009, 09:22 PM
You are very fortunate

Buck
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I have hunted sheep each year since 1968 sometimes twice a year so I guess that makes me an avid sheep hunter. I have been very fortunate to have the same hunting partner all those years and we have never had an argument about where to go, who shoots first, etc. we are going hunting stones August 1 and if we have no sucess are going looking for bighorns
You are very fortunate

kootenayelkslayer
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Did anybody hear the story of the Kluane dall sheep tag this year?? :D

ThinAir
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll be going for stones this year....august sometime.

Maybe one year I'll get my bighorn draw:-P

BCRiverBoater
02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
You used that as an excuse. Shame! I am always looking for more sheep partners as my shift work allows me to get out more than most so I find myself with time off and no one to go with.

I will be going alot more for sheep now that work has brought me home every nite. Before When I worked away from home weeks at a time I hated going away for to long because I wouldn't see the kids for over a month. Not anymore....I am probably going to hunt off the hi-way this year....

Rackmastr
02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Trophy draw?? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

No draw in Alberta.....all general tags. Only a few zones have draw for bighorns over here....

Figure since it might be my last year and I've hunted in Alberta for sheep for 7 years I need to hit it hard and try and get a ram down before I move to BC.....

If all goes well I should be in BC for 2010 hunting season.....

kootenayelkslayer
02-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I'd assume you're referring to the slight misjudgement that occurred?

I'm not sure if it was a misjudgement or if that was the best ram they could find... The interesting thing is that the hunter (who I won't name) that payed $310 000 for the Kluane tag came to hunt sheep where I work in the NWT right before he went to Kluane in the Yukon. He shot a ram that scored 167" with us... but his $310 000 ram scored 156" :shock:
Not quite what he was hoping for.

boxhitch
02-03-2009, 06:52 AM
but his $310 000 ram scored 156" :shock:Ouch ! Thats gotta hurt. But ultimately the shooter has the final say on whether to pull the trigger. He should have known better.

yukon john
02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
acually several guides were there and they all agreed it was a high 170 ram (the previous one was 181) it was alone so there was no comparing it to other ram and it had a very small body making the horns look bigger i also heard the hunter was pursuing legal action against the guides, fool no one got rich guiding

kootenayelkslayer
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
acually several guides were there and they all agreed it was a high 170 ram (the previous one was 181) it was alone so there was no comparing it to other ram and it had a very small body making the horns look bigger i also heard the hunter was pursuing legal action against the guides, fool no one got rich guiding

Well I guess it just goes to show that even the best guides/hunters can misjudge a ram every once in a while.
I've never heard anything about the legal action tho... can't say I'd be totally surprised.

boxhitch
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
can't say I'd be totally surprised.
likewise. Litigation is a second hobby for many Americans

Stone Sheep Steve
02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Beware the miniture stubbie-faced ram. Not the first person to get fooled by one of those.

Hope this doesn't affect the price for next year.........

SSS

yukon john
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
anyone know when the auction for that tag is? im on my way to the FNAWS convention this weekend and they have a 1.5 mil tag auction but i dont know if the kluane tag is included

bridger
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Beware the miniture stubbie-faced ram. Not the first person to get fooled by one of those.

Hope this doesn't affect the price for next year.........

SSS
right on the money sss a few years ago that happened to a friend of mine in the nwt. after guiding up there for four years in exchange for a chance to get his own ram he found a ram off by himself with an unbelievable curl. this guy is an very talented sheep hunter and figured the ram was 44-45 inches. unfortunately on the ground it measured 33 inches. can happen to anyone, but with several guides along?

MattW
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess it just goes to show that even for $310,000 you are still hunting and there is still chance involved.

Bighorn hunter
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
It would be nice to see some pics of this dall. Must have been quite impresive for everyone to think it would go over 170

bh

yukon john
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM
i awnsered my own question the kluane tag auction is at FNAWS if you want to see pics of the 3 kluane rams go to kluanecorp.ca there is some unbelivable pics of the 06 and 07 rams and also pics of the 08 oops ram when i get back on sunday night i will post the price of the 09 tag

kootenayelkslayer
02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
i awnsered my own question the kluane tag auction is at FNAWS if you want to see pics of the 3 kluane rams go to kluanecorp.ca there is some unbelivable pics of the 06 and 07 rams and also pics of the 08 oops ram when i get back on sunday night i will post the price of the 09 tag

Thanks for posting that site! After seeing the pictures of that ram it seems awfully strange to me that those guys would've misjudged it. Wiebe and Lancaster have a lot of experience looking at rams, it seemed pretty clear to me that the ram has a really tight (shallow) curl. Not to mention its not exactly an old ram.
I did originally hear that it wasn't a case of misjudging, but a case of that being the best ram they could get on during the hunt. Seeing the photo's of the ram makes me think this might be true.

kootenayelkslayer
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
They said in the story that it measured 40" on the long side. I really don't think it's that long. What do you guys think?

Bighorn hunter
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
preatty hard to say without it in our hands, but it is not a very deep curl thats for sure.Quite a screw up for being the first day of the hunt.

yukon john
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Did anybody hear the story of the Kluane dall sheep tag this year?? :D
i find it hard to belive that its the best they could find its a wildlife sancuary with 1 hunter per year and unlimited scouting resources i think it was a honest screw up

bruin
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
One thing that wasn't mentioned (a friend of mine is a brother to one of the guides) is that prior to the Kluane hunt the hunter said he had only 4 days with which to hunt sheep. Another interesting fact is that non of the guides were tipped as far as I know.I was told they misjudged the ram on his mass.

Rust
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Well they wouldn't be the first ppl to shoot a dwarf ram...... That looked BIG...

Will
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
It's all speculation.......but bottom line is the guy pulled the pin, whether it was on the advice of the Guide(S?) or not, the call was his.

Pretty pricey Mutton eitherway :grin: :wink:

Stone Sheep Steve
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
One thing that wasn't mentioned (a friend of mine is a brother to one of the guides) is that prior to the Kluane hunt the hunter said he had only 4 days with which to hunt sheep. Another interesting fact is that non of the guides were tipped as far as I know.I was told they misjudged the ram on his mass.

4 days of hunting for a $300,000+ tag???

He deserved that ram.......if that's the case.

Good chance of spending all 4 days inside the tent if the weather turned

SSS

SHACK
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
All I can say is ouch! But he has nothing to be embarased about, and he was the one who pulled the trigger!

vortex
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I looked at the pictures of all three hunts and I think you could rank what each sheep scored just by looking at the smiles...the 2008 one...not so big smiles:shock:

budismyhorse
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I looked at the pictures of all three hunts and I think you could rank what each sheep scored just by looking at the smiles...the 2008 one...not so big smiles:shock:

Bart looks like he is going to barf in that 2008 photo.....

There should be a caption above his head "Next year's auction = 50k......damn"

budismyhorse
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I love how the initial BS about "only ram on the hill" and "no other rams around to judge size" got thrown to the dogs. .

no offence to you Yukon John. I wonder how true the whole litigation action is.

Just proves the old saying "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see".

kootenayelkslayer
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Bart looks like he is going to barf in that 2008 photo.....

There should be a caption above his head "Next year's auction = 50k......damn"

Hahah ya there will definitely be a drop in the price this year. That picture with Lancaster really shows where the ram lacks on size. (Still a good ram for most tho!)

02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
OK Steadygirl...........
Where are those Pic's of your friend ... I mean your friends Ram ??
He HEE
CT

PS. your the one who brought it up sooooo ....... lets see

Rackmastr
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Anyone have a link to some of the pics? I seem to be a bit 'slow' tonight and cant find any online....lol

Stone Sheep Steve
02-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Anyone have a link to some of the pics? I seem to be a bit 'slow' tonight and cant find any online....lol

Here.............................

you..............................

go...............................:-P

http://kluanecorp.ca/testimonials.html

SSS

Rackmastr
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
LOL thanks man!!

gbear
02-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I can't figure out what the heck he would be litigating?

No hunt is a sure thing. Even if you pay over 300K. Sure, this one sounds like it's pretty near a sure thing to get a ram if only 1 hunter per year, but not a sure thing to get the biggest. And, ultimately, he's the one that pulled the pin. He had the final choice in the matter.

Rust
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
The Bar was set pretty high in '06 & '07! 175 3/8 & 180 7/8 But they didn't post up any score for the '08 ram. Does anyone know what it scored in at, roughly?

kootenayelkslayer
02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
The Bar was set pretty high in '06 & '07! 175 3/8 & 180 7/8 But they didn't post up any score for the '08 ram. Does anyone know what it scored in at, roughly?

156" I believe.

Dale
02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Now this is where people get the wrong idea about hunting. Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot an animal that has a huge set of horns and not much mention about the overall experience. Just my opinion, but isn't hunting no matter what type, about the experience as much as the harvesting of game? I understand that sheep hunting is not really a meat hunt but if you're going to bitch about your sheep being too small and blame other people for it I think buddy has the wrong idea about hunting. Just my two pennies.

BCRiverBoater
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
156" I believe.

I heard 156" at first then heard later that it was just over 160". Not sure what to believe as the rumor mill is always going.

Rust
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Dale;405494 Just my opinion, but isn't hunting no matter what type, about the experience as much as the harvesting of game? I understand that sheep hunting is not really a meat hunt but if you're going to bitch about your sheep being too small and blame other people for it I think buddy has the wrong idea about hunting. Just my two pennies.[/QUOTE]

I agree dale, but there are guys out there that just want the big numbers. Score is all that matters to them.

proguide66
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Now this is where people get the wrong idea about hunting. Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot an animal that has a huge set of horns and not much mention about the overall experience. Just my opinion, but isn't hunting no matter what type, about the experience as much as the harvesting of game? I understand that sheep hunting is not really a meat hunt but if you're going to bitch about your sheep being too small and blame other people for it I think buddy has the wrong idea about hunting. Just my two pennies.

The ' Grandslam Club' can take credit for this!!:rolleyes:

d6dan
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Any Legal Sheep harvested is an acomplishment period! The hunter should always remember that. With that said, maybe he should hunt in Alaska...?

riflebuilder
02-04-2009, 07:19 PM
it still is a nice ram, compaired to the two before it is not as good. If it wasn't broomed so hard on the one side here would of been closer to 165. Still as everyont has said he pulled the trigger and it is his responsability to make the final call. If I spent 300 k on a sheep hunt I would of sure the hell know what a big ram was.

Frans
02-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm really keen on doing a horse-back drop-off trip this year (in Alberta), and have started nagging people about the area I have in mind.
I've been wanting to do this for some time now, and this may be the year.
I'd prefer to find a good partner to go with, but am even considering going solo.

Frans

Bighorn hunter
02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Good luck Frans, on the hunt and finding a good sheep partner.Both can be extremely tough.I worked with a guy from Calgary years ago and he brought out a pic of a ram he had taken.It was a real dandy.Broomed even and still 38" on each side.He didn't know the score, not that it really mattered.Wish I could have seen it first hand.

Frans
02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks. Finding a hunting partner is tricky business. The friend I was planning to do this with moved to BC, so he's out. Another friend with whom I started throwing some ideas around very inconveniently shot a ram last season, meaning that he can't buy a tag this year (AB rules).

I'm as fit now as I'll ever be, I have the holiday time banked, and some cash to spend on the horse trip. This has got to be the year.

So far the partner search has come up empty. Maybe I'm just to ornery to get along with. :o) I've been out with a few guys. One tried to convert me, one shot at me (in my direction anyway, but that was a really unfortunately accident and I have been out with him since), one was in really poor shape and likely can't get away from wife and kids that long, another was a former sheep guide, and really strong and fit - doubt if he wants to have me around as an anchor... etcetera, etcetera...

A lot worse than a solo trip would probably be a trip with someone that you can't get along with for whatever reason. So we'll see...

This area is not known for its big rams (most are rather tightly curled), but the country is gorgeous and wild. I just have to see it with my own eyes.

Frans

daycort
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
You used that as an excuse. Shame! I am always looking for more sheep partners as my shift work allows me to get out more than most so I find myself with time off and no one to go with.

hmmm..I have a gas card if you have a boat....

Riggzers
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Going after a dall tag see you in the Tat bighornhunter if not boat trip back into some old country to see if the rams are still there .

BCRiverBoater
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
hmmm..I have a gas card if you have a boat....

Definitely something I could work with. Will have to talk more about a quick trip or two this year.

boxhitch
06-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Tomorrow starts the short count-down

westcoast meds
06-30-2018, 10:00 PM
This will be my 1st sheep hunt this year. Always d dreamed of it and now an open schedule and a draw make it come true. I have a great partner and am looking forward to getting up in the alpine. Ive never been one to hunt for a trophy, as I enjoy the hunt just as much or more than the kill. Success is a bonus, but effort, determination and challenging myself gets my endorphins going.