PDA

View Full Version : boneapart lake

hunter1993ap
01-31-2009, 01:05 PM
im going on a holiday to boneapart lake at the end of june on a fishing trip. does anybody know how the fishing is out there and how big the fish are.

ultramagbob
01-31-2009, 01:08 PM
There is some pigs in there.Try trolling big bucktails if your a fly guy.Can be a finicky lake

Stresd
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Short rundown
http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/explore/cariboo/scariboo/bonapart.htm

doubled
02-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I have fished/hunted this area for over 20 years straight. Which end are you going to? I came up from Barriere and stayed at Spruce Wilderness Lodge. When I went there last fall, a group from the coast had purchased it and seemed to be doing well. There are some good fish in there. The biggest I have gotten is a 12lb Rainbow. The water is very clear with a majority of rocky bottom. Usually we used a 1 oz weight with a silver/black apex (hockeystick). If you are fishing from this end, then head west along the north side of the lake. Try to stay in 50-100 ft of water. Good luck.

Here is a pic of one of the smaller ones.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/doubled66/Picture_0048.jpg

hunter1993ap
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
we are staying at the same location as you and thanks for the info.

shadowhunter
02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Try smaller lakes around the area like hammer, and scot, hammer has monsters but they can be finiky in the late summer months, but your going early so you might have a better chance then I did boneapart is a very big lake so dont get to far out without in a canoe or you might have a hard time getting back if there ar big winds, scot lake is a great fishery I have had rainbows of 3 pounds come out of that lake, I don't think I have ever fished a more productive lake but make sure you find a good hatch, one time i caught three fish in under 10 minuets with one rod! little scot is another good lake to try i dont try it as much but i have had some luck. Also try some of the hike in lakes that are on the board at hammer lake some of these little lakes hold tonnes of fish, most of these fish I catch aare on the same spinner the blue fox florescent green and orange, just remeber to have fun when your fishing, a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

tight lines,
shadowhunter