PDA

View Full Version : my 05 spring bear...

3kills
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
well i finally got my hide from my spring bear into the taxi yesterday..should have the skull back all cleaned up by next weekend so i will have an official score on it then...the taxi said lookin at the head and the paws he figures it will be at least 18 inch skull...one thing i never noticed about my bear when i shot it was he had been fightin he has a nice gash across his nose and two nice holes on the top of his head i m thinkin maybe teeth marks? cant wait till i get this rug back its going to look sweet...and thanx to the guys that convince me to rug it :D

Kirby
10-23-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/140Bearheadresize-med.jpg

You can see some of the scraping marks here. I noticed that when I first took the pics, looks like he was a scraper. I think you'll be happy with getting it rugged. Definatly had some great color to him, and was good sized as well.

Kirby

Steeleco
10-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Good for you Darcy, a rug would be nice but they're not cheap. I wonder what size the brute was that beat up your bear???

Kirby
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Steeleco, right before we put his down, there was a much larger bear right behind him, I would say it had another 6" length, and at least 50#, could have been that one. Lots of bears in the area.

Darcy, we'll have to try for that 7' blonde this year.

Kirby

3kills
10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
the good thing about this rug is i dont have to pay for it :D my dad is payin for it as a graduation present for when i grad my meat cuttin course...but if i dont pass i got to pay him back...but i aint spendin all this dam money on this course to not pass....ya that black bear that was up the road from mine was a lot bigger then mine to bad he never stuck around...would have been nice to see u put an arrow through him...as for the 7' blonde hmmm sounds nice but would rather hold the camera while u stick him lol...

Steeleco
10-24-2005, 04:35 PM
If your looking for help keeping you busy cutting meat, give me a call, you point, I shoot you cut!!! Sounds like a good idea????

3kills
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
lol...sounds like fun...