PDA

View Full Version : Question for Fort St John and area folks....

DanC
01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm newer to the region and I'd like to start getting my beagle out hunting hare now that it's a bit warmer and was wondering if anyone had directions to public hunting land in and around FSJ (preferably with a lot of snowshoe hare and no deer!).

Thanks,

Dan C

BCHunterFSJ
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
The Goodlow and Milligan Creek areas might be good...

elkdom
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm newer to the region and I'd like to start getting my beagle out hunting hare now that it's a bit warmer and was wondering if anyone had directions to public hunting land in and around FSJ (preferably with a lot of snowshoe hare and no deer!).

Thanks,

Dan C

You will have to wait for just the "RIGHT" person to give you an area with "NO DEER", this should be interesting!:roll:

DanC
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I know, I know who wants an area with less deer? Well rabbits run circles=dog comes back. Deer run straight=I have to chase dog for miles in knee deep snow and hope I catch him or explain to my wife where here beloved pet went.

elkdom
01-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I know, I know who wants an area with less deer? Well rabbits run circles=dog comes back. Deer run straight=I have to chase dog for miles in knee deep snow and hope I catch him or explain to my wife where here beloved pet went.

and lovable as Mr Beagle is,if he gets far from you chasing a deer,and happens to encounter some coyotes or wolves? then its :eek:,DEEVORCE !!
the fact is if there is a population of WABBITTS there is likely a population of preditors, and as for finding areas without deer of some certainty , thats pretty tough to insure for your dogs safety and control, you have a delema :?

7mag700
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
There are so many deer up here I can't even guarantee there are no deer downtown at any given time, although I'm betting even during the rut they're not crazy enough to visit the Condill...

Goodlow is lousy with deer so that's out. Maybe north of Wonowon on the west side of the highway? Less farmland along there.

7m7

bwhnter
01-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Head up the Alaska Highway and Once you get past Sheperds inn pick a road. The country is full of them. If you go out before Feb 15 make sure that you have a Lynx tag in your pocket.

Good Luck