PDA

View Full Version : I love the Antis!

Alpine Addict
01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
My two friends recentely got there trapping liscenses abou 6-7 months ago. One of his dads friends owns a trap line on a slough. So I tag along and trap beavers/mink ect. There has been a couple incidents in the past where we see a lady watching us from a distance, just staring at us. It happend about 3-4 times. One of my buddy's connibear 330's was stolen as well..
Well today we were at the corner store getting breakfast after checking traps, and we see a suv pull up a about 50 ft in front of us, with a big "Save animals Don't eat them" sticker. And what do you know?! Its our friend the peta lady. She happend to see the 3 beavers in the back of the truck, and she knew our truck so she sat there and pulled out her cell phone and started dialing and looking at us. Well we didn't think much of it, and all went home. Well about 45 min later the CO pulls up at my friends house, asks him a couple questions, and everything was legit, so he was all fine with it and even got our number so we can help trap nuissance beavers for him! And he phoned the lady back and told her if she "steals" or does anything to our traps again, he will charge her with interferance of a trapline!

So I'm really hoping we see her again and get to speak with her:)

Angel
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
PETA lol... they just love Hunters eh'. They need to do a little research on conservation and wildlife managment.

SteadyGirl
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
:lol: Too funny. Kinda strange she has to have the CO's number either memorized or saved to her phone.

thunderheart
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
:lol: Too funny. Kinda strange she has to have the CO's number either memorized or saved to her phone.

really ... sad that this affluent society has put people with too much time on there hands out and about to do their little part to save the globe .. i love the part where she got spanked by the CO

Rob
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Man, they must be a CO's worst nightmare.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2009, 05:23 PM

R.A.P.P. telephone number...EVERYONE should have this plugged into their cell.
We're all poachers according to her.

Hope she caught her own beaver in that conibear:smile:.

SSS

Gateholio
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/adverts/RAPPlogo100x128.gif

SteadyGirl
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I do :p I have to drive 200km through the serengeti of north america every four days to get to work remember:!:

dime
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I just got back from New York and on the plane there was this huge fat chick wearing a PETA shirt and spewing all sorts of nonsense. I thought to myself that no one could possibly get that big eating vegetables, but did not comment. I must admit I was a little afraid that she may eat me.

lilhoss
01-28-2009, 07:17 PM
shoulda tossed her in the back of your truck and made it an even 4 beavers :razz:

Tikka7mm
01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I just got back from New York and on the plane there was this huge fat chick wearing a PETA shirt and spewing all sorts of nonsense. I thought to myself that no one could possibly get that big eating vegetables, but did not comment. I must admit I was a little afraid that she may eat me.

Now that was funny!:lol:

sneg
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I wonder sometimes about those PETA people and similar. Do they have life,family ? I can not imagine ordinary person would such things.

cdub
01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
PETA People Eating Tasty Animals

waserwolf
01-28-2009, 10:21 PM
That "female dog" most likely sits down and eats fried chicken like its her last meal, I have talked to a few antis and for the most part its an uneducated decision to become an anti, sometimes the only difference between them and us is they don't kill their own meat and we do.

duckhunt
01-28-2009, 11:40 PM
WOW:roll: Some people need a life maybe get a job instead of stealing traps.

Chuck
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
PETA people are a pita.

hunter1947
01-29-2009, 05:35 AM
I would ask the CO if he could go talk to her and ask her if she stole the 3-330 trap ,you never know your friend might get it back ???.

There is a big fine for anyone messing with a trappers traps etc.

budismyhorse
01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Tis the world we live in!!

sounds like you had your ducks in a row, so no need to worry about her much.

These people outnumber us in by a HUGE margin. as a young man in university I took it upon myself to ask around and get into discussions about hunting. the vast majority thought I was an absolute pig for even thinking hunting was a legitimate hobbie. Men and woman, didn't really matter, they all hated the thought of hunting. All were incredibly uninformed about the subject however. Every now and then someone from a rural community would show support, but I was pretty much alone on an island.

It takes all kinds I guess.

Ron.C
01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
All were incredibly uninformed about the subject however.

That's it in a nutshell right there. The diehard extremist PITA types aside, I think if alot of these folks may never hunt themselves, but would appreciate the hard work and dedeication of most ethical hunters/trapper and ultimately would prefer to be neutral and not side with either hunters or PITA. Unfortunately, harrassment aside as it was in the initial post in this thread, its' the unethical hunters and poachers that fuel the fire and give organizations like PITA all the ammo they need to make our lives miserable.

Piperdown
01-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Must have been a thyroid problem :shock:, I would have let her have it,can't stand that type of sheit.

MOWITCH SLAYER
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Now that's the way it should go !! Them people can't keep their nose in their own back yard. Made my day when i read your thread . Thanks

BlacktailStalker
01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
SHes just pissed off that nobody is after her bush beaver.

Dirty
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
AA, your friend should set up trail cams to bust the thieves stealing his traps :!:

lucky07
01-29-2009, 08:10 PM
BC wildlife act

Obstructing licensed persons

80 A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

Fines and Penalties

(b) subsections (3) and (4) apply in relation to an offence

(i) under section 7 (5), 9, 17 (7) or (8), 21 (1) or (1.1), 24 (6), (7) or (14), 26 (1) (c) or (d), 27 (1), (3) or (4), 29, 33 (1), 33.1 (1) or (2), 34, 38, 46, 47, 48 (1) or (2), 49 (1), (2), (5) or (6), 56 (1) or (2), 70 (2), 77 (2) or (3), 78, 80, 81, 82 (1) (d), 85 (2) (c) (i) or (ii), 88.1 (7), 95 (2), 96 (1) or 97 (b), or

(ii) prescribed under section 108 (3) (l) (ii), and

3) Subject to subsection (4), a person who commits an offence referred to in subsection (1) (b) is liable,

(a) on a first conviction, to a fine of not more than $100 000 or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year, or both, and

(b) on each subsequent conviction for the same offence or another offence referred to in subsection (1) (b), to a fine of not more than $200 000 and not less than $2 000 or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 2 years, or both.

(4) Despite subsection (3) (a), if the person referred to in that subsection has previously been convicted of an offence referred to in subsection (1) (a), the person is liable to the punishment set out in subsection (3) (b).

100 000$ max. for stealing a trap ...

mud-dog27
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
i love those kind of people and then you toss out the fact that PETA has killed several thousand animals that it could not place in homes and they have a freezer that any hunter would love-youtube it if you dont know what im talking about

and if you want a funny book to read that is really informative and against the antis pick up- "the politically incorrect guide to hunting" Frank Miniter

jeeper
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Make what you want outa that website ,,

But im sure its more truthfull then any crap that spews from a peta person .

Bruce

sneg
01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
These people outnumber us in by a HUGE margin. as a young man in university I took it upon myself to ask around and get into discussions about hunting. the vast majority thought I was an absolute pig for even thinking hunting was a legitimate hobbie. Men and woman, didn't really matter, they all hated the thought of hunting. All were incredibly uninformed about the subject however. Every now and then someone from a rural community would show support, but I was pretty much alone on an island.
unquote
absolutely agree.seems more and more people into all sorts of anti-. I think also it comes from so called wrong democratic views. people are just lazy. it is easier to accept to do something if it is called by good name. we all know some examples...fight with terrorism, environmental sustainability , national compassion...I find older canadian generation have not much knowledge/acceptance about new such winds and typically they are much more supportive to old canadian past times like hunting,trapping and fishing.also you will not find hard working fellow,paying his mortgages and college fees for his kids who would be against huting or fishing.i see same bad attitude around here and i ask what you are antis doing for our envinronment ? nothing. they are just consumers,they sit there and blame others without knowing the subject. It is really sad the way we are going.

358mag
01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Yike's just be lucky she didnt show you her Beaver

Pete
01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
My two friends recentely got there trapping liscenses abou 6-7 months ago. One of his dads friends owns a trap line on a slough. So I tag along and trap beavers/mink ect. There has been a couple incidents in the past where we see a lady watching us from a distance, just staring at us. It happend about 3-4 times. One of my buddy's connibear 330's was stolen as well..
Well today we were at the corner store getting breakfast after checking traps, and we see a suv pull up a about 50 ft in front of us, with a big "Save animals Don't eat them" sticker. And what do you know?! Its our friend the peta lady. She happend to see the 3 beavers in the back of the truck, and she knew our truck so she sat there and pulled out her cell phone and started dialing and looking at us. Well we didn't think much of it, and all went home. Well about 45 min later the CO pulls up at my friends house, asks him a couple questions, and everything was legit, so he was all fine with it and even got our number so we can help trap nuissance beavers for him! And he phoned the lady back and told her if she "steals" or does anything to our traps again, he will charge her with interferance of a trapline!

So I'm really hoping we see her again and get to speak with her:)
Under the wildlife act it is illegal to interfer with any lawfully set trap. Charge her! The last time some did that to me they got a $345 fine. I do most of my trapping at night and pull all my sets before daylight. I really like those ugly rainy night because you are going to be the only one out there.

riflebuilder
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I used to run a fish Hatchery on the Island back in the late 80's. One of the intern students that came to work for us was an avid anti hunter. By the time he left he was eating deer with us two three times a week. He said he could not kill a deer himself but now understood that it was not just a trophy thing and the meat was great. Educate them and show them why we hunt the true nature of harvesting food. But there are those that would rather a human be killed than a tree frog. They have their priorities really messed up.

Johnnybear
01-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I used to run a fish Hatchery on the Island back in the late 80's. One of the intern students that came to work for us was an avid anti hunter. By the time he left he was eating deer with us two three times a week. He said he could not kill a deer himself but now understood that it was not just a trophy thing and the meat was great. Educate them and show them why we hunt the true nature of harvesting food. But there are those that would rather a human be killed than a tree frog. They have their priorities really messed up.

Good post rb.

hunter1947
01-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Under the wildlife act it is illegal to interfer with any lawfully set trap. Charge her! The last time some did that to me they got a $345 fine. I do most of my trapping at night and pull all my sets before daylight. I really like those ugly rainy night because you are going to be the only one out there.

It would be impossible to charge this lady or others unless you caught them red handed taking the trap or setting it off ,would be a good thing to take a camera with you.

Rob
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I often found it hard to have a level headed discussion with someone who is anti-hunting. 99% of the time they were so uninformed. I recently read the book "the politically in correct guide to deer hunting"(someone else mentioned this book). This book is very informative, and gives plenty of reasons why we need to hunt. Rob