PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Goat MU 2-12?

Tron
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Has anyone hunted mountain goat in MU 2-12? Im interested in giving it a try up Powell lake some were. It would be a new hunt for me as I have never hunted Mountain goat. I have spent some time up on the mountains in the past though so that would not be new. What time of year is their coat the nicest?

Thanks

silentstalker
01-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I've never hunted goats in powell river but I've seen them up the lake several times from aircraft. They have always been in very some pretty crazy positions....I guess that's why they are called "mountain" goats.
Regardless of how succesfull your hunt is, there is a lot of country worth seeing up that lake. Happy hunting.

EvanG
01-27-2009, 06:41 PM
you may also want to check out some boat access areas a bit further up the coast, very little pressure, long season and lots of goats. just a suggestion.

lilhoss
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I've got a few buddies that live up there.Most of 'em have cabins,floats up on the lake.I do remember them talking about "goat" island ,and or "goat lake area" which is a fair ways up the lake.Steep country,very dangerous he was saying when they had any snow or ice.They got their goats,but they said it wasn't worth the hike.good luck.

Tron
01-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Any other places to go on the coast? Not sure, but does VI have any goats? Never heard of any.

BlacktailStalker
01-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I dont see how any hike could not be worth a trophy, especially goats as its something most guys take once.

Nope, no goats on the Island.

Jonny outdoors
02-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I was up in toba Inlet two weeks ago in a water taxi and a couple of locals showed me a few spots.It is pretty crazy country but we did manage to See a few goats.We also seem a few at the head of the toba inlet but do to all the construction going on up there right now I would not think it would not be a good place to be chasing goats.

Tron
02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks Jonny outdoors and BTS

kyleklassen
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
lots of mtn. goats on the island. genourous season to just look in the regs get a half dozen tags and help us shoot our way out of here.