PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops 3-27

meat hunter
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
I'am going Mulie hunting in this area in Nov, can anyone recomend some areas to hunt.

Ltbullken
10-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Go high right now. Weather has been fairly mild and wet lately and there's a ton of food up high in the right places. Two weeks ago I got my buck at 5000' and the weather has not changed much since. That's where I saw a lot of does with fawns and they want to be where the food is. I haven't been out much since so don't know if the migration is on yet. I don't suspect it is given the weather and if the does are up there so are the boys! Rut should be around the corner.

Good luck and happy huntin'

Seabass
10-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I'am going Mulie hunting in this area in Nov, can anyone recomend some areas to hunt.

You too eh??? Thanks for asking my question and see your around!!

doog3
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Have had luck previous seasons up on Dixon Mtn. I like the west side of the mountain. You can get access off the Yellowhead from the Agate Bay turn off at Loiuse Crk., head up past the burned mill site, first left about 3 kms (Dixon creek rd?), another 3/4km, turn right onto another Dixon Rd, past the ranches and houses, You end up at the base of the mtn.. 2km up on the right is the road which takes you along the west side. You end up behind Barriere. The road splits at the top. The road on the right will take you to the top. If you can find the hole in the fence, that road will take you over to Dixon Lakes. You can also reach the Dixon Lakes by staying on the main road and watching for the tiny signs. I like going up the back way because you avoid any logging trucks.
Once you get your bearings you drive over to the Johnston Lake area, we came out by Squam Bay on Adams Lake.
There are some big boys up there. We have only seen does so far this season, and if you're interested, lots of chickens.