PDA

View Full Version : Shulaps?

kebes
01-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Anyone done any hunting in the Shulaps range? From what I've researched it looks like it could be a decent area but I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who's actually been there. Thinking specifically Sheep and Mule deer.

Laurence_Erickson
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Beeen there done it . There is sheep there and deer along with dirt bikes and outfitters. It is beautiful country except the bike trails in the alpine.

srupp
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
some good sheep still in there and some wicked mulies....

steven

Angel
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.cayoosh.net/shulaps.html some nice pics

Some nice looking country eh'......... Anyone done some good backing hunt trips through there? Looks like quite a trek.:smile:

Edward Teach
01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I was about half a click from the Hydro campsite when a Grizz ran out on the road in front of me. He ran back into the bushes before I could get a pic. There were bear turds all over the place up around Mowson Pond and Tynaughton Lake.

01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Big steep country, wide open alpine, like any where, the further you go back the better, good bucks, some 3/4 sheep if your lucky to draw it, few and far between full curls and the outfitter has a watch on those way way before any of us. Expect to back pack the tree line to rim rock area for any success, could be long shots at times. Hard work does pay off though, walk walk walk. Steep mulie country NICE !
Bin thar done it !
CT

KevinB
01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Done some hiking in there, no hunting. Was probably there too early in the summer but didn't see much for mulies. I would bet some time on the boots and behind a spotter would locate a few though. There is some pretty decent access in a few spots if you know where to go. :wink: