PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale coming to Nanaimo

Johnnybear
01-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I thought it was impolite to hijack the other thread so I thought I should start a new one about the rumour or truth of Wholesale Sports coming to Nanaimo.

Has anyone got any hard info on this????

My old man said he heard it on the local Nanaimo news (radio)? Anyone else hear about it?

A poster on the other thread said that 3 new stores are being opened within the year. Where is the other one being opened?

The 'Hummer'
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not a real big fan of WSS, primarily because of some of the past customer service experienced in their Edmonton outlet. However, the last time I stopped in for a quick couple of items P&d didn't have, 'things' appeared to be somewhat better.
I wouldn't mind seeing a store open up in Naniamo but I wonder if they wouldn't pick a bigger area like Victoria first to locate in. Also, with the economic situation being what it is, it would seem a little unlikely anyone would be making a choice of expansion anywhere. Hope I'm wrong though, what with Ernie Johnson's gone and all.;-)

Johnnybear
01-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm not a real big fan of WSS, primarily because of some of the past customer service experienced in their Edmonton outlet. However, the last time I stopped in for a quick couple of items P&d didn't have, 'things' appeared to be somewhat better.
I wouldn't mind seeing a store open up in Naniamo but I wonder if they wouldn't pick a bigger area like Victoria first to locate in. Also, with the economic situation being what it is, it would seem a little unlikely anyone would be making a choice of expansion anywhere. Hope I'm wrong though, what with Ernie Johnson's gone and all.;-)

Nanaimo is the "Hub" city like it or not. North Island or South Island have to come here for it period. Victoria has it's issues so to speak. Nanaimo makes perfect sense on the business end of things:cool:.

thunderheart
01-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Nanaimo is the "Hub" city like it or not. North Island or South Island have to come here for it period. Victoria has it's issues so to speak. Nanaimo makes perfect sense on the business end of things:cool:.

have to agree with you .. i live on quadra island and do a lot of shopping in Nanaimo .. i hope they open a store there .. rarely make victoria .. pain in the arse to drive there ..lol i have never been to a WSS but will certainly be wandering the isles should they come to the island

timberhunter
01-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Yes it is coming to Nanaimo. They will be taking over the old wholesale foods property in the north end.

So long Gone fishing, and every other small sports store from duncan to coutenay.

tomahawk
01-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes it is coming to Nanaimo. They will be taking over the old wholesale foods property in the north end.

So long Gone fishing, and every other small sports store from duncan to coutenay.

Good news for hunting and outdoors folks alike, Gone Fishin and Screaming Reel and Fly have good fishing gear but not hunting gear.

Steeleco
01-22-2009, 09:07 AM

While this may turn out to be true in some cases, I don't think all the little guys in Kamloops disappeared when WSS showed up there??

Sometimes "service" is more valuable then price. But I find the little guys charge so much for some items, we still find it cheaper to mail order :wink:

ultramagbob
01-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a piss poor business plan to me.Would make a hell of alot more sence to have on in the lowermainland/fraservalley.I understand realestate is more expensive but the shear # of people that would be shopping there would offset that pretty quickly

jimmy56
01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Is this for sure? Can anyone confirm? I love Wholesale Sports. I live in Victoria and would make the drive in a heartbeat. We don't have much in the way of hunting supply stores here and the ones we do(island outfitters) charge ridiculous prices.

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM

I agree and it's not a matter of liking it or not. I realise Naniamo's a central "Hub" location as far as the island is concerned. I was merely pointing out the population density and numbers in the greater Victoria. I'd prefer it to be a Naniamo location. That would make it a lot closer and convenient for me.

Johnnybear
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM

I think they will survive. I know I would keep going there for some stuff for sure.

While this may turn out to be true in some cases, I don't think all the little guys in Kamloops disappeared when WSS showed up there??

I was in Kamloops last year and went to some other shops besides WSS and they looked like they were doing o.k. and the service was great.

Would make a hell of alot more sence to have on in the lowermainland/fraservalley

I agree with you on this. That is what I was hoping for then this news popped up.

I agree and it's not a matter of liking it or not. I realise Naniamo's a central "Hub" location as far as the island is concerned. I was merely pointing out the population density and numbers in the greater Victoria. I'd prefer it to be a Naniamo location. That would make it a lot closer and convenient for me.

I should have worded that differently:redface: and your right in that Greater Victoria and surrounding area is half the Islands population. For access from alot of communities on the island Nanaimo is the logical choice. Alot of traveling sportspeople come through Nanaimo to get to where they are going on the Island. I think this could be a factor as well.

Salty
01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of this.

As far as Nanaimo being the 'Hub' of the island, I'd have to agree with that to some extent. Living at the far north end, I go to Campbell river quite often if I can't find what I need up here, and often to Nanaimo if I can't find what I need in Campbell. If Nanaimo doesn't have it, I'm more likely to hop on a boat and do my (and moreso the wife's) major shopping in the big smoke.

The other thing is that Nanaimo has a glut of industrial land. Up at the north end of strip mall city there's piles of big lot affordable real estate suitable for big box stores. Not so in Victoria.

And lastly, just a hope that we don't all abandon the smaller stores on the Island that have served us well for years if WSS comes. You simply can't get the personalised service, honest advice for newbs etc. that you can get from places like Grandlunds. Or the former Johnson's in Nanaimo. :icon_frow

BlacktailStalker
01-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll never leave stores that give me on average, 25-30% off :biggrin:

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
For access from alot of communities on the island Nanaimo is the logical choice. Alot of traveling sportspeople come through Nanaimo to get to where they are going on the Island. I think this could be a factor as well.

I'm with you and besides, lets keep it above the 49th:wink::lol:. Now, I have to work on Salty and get him to forget the North end and go for 'development' and have WSS establish on the south end:tongue:. If I could work that a little further south, I could walk there:idea:. I can just imagine how much that would please my wife. About the same reaction as I get to my 'shopping' trips at P&d when we're in the Edmonton area.:roll:

Salty
01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Now, I have to work on Salty and get him to forget the North end and go for 'development' and have WSS establish on the south end:tongue:. If I could work that a little further south, I could walk there:idea:.

I know, I know its tough Hummer. Tough not to think that the south island is the centre of the universe. :tongue:

Tell you what though, if relocate further south some day, and prolly will if the boss get's her way - I'd rather by pass Parkville and Partsville (Nanaimo) completely so I wouldn't have to look at those acres of ugly freaking strip malls! The reason I like Victoria and the general area is for the lack of big box uber ugly vinyl siding developments. :wink: Might as well put the box stores where its already tacky and ugly I say.... Which, hey! That's a closer drive for me right now OK? :lol:

Besides, you love driving the Malahat don't kid us....

edit- I just checked your location dude -your're not in Vic you're about half way between Vic and Partsville so you can't go wrong either way...

Ron.C
01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I think it would be great. I do alot of mail order because what few local stores there are on the island that deal with hunting/archery gear just seem to charge too much for me to justify spending the extra $$$ in support of a local small buisness. Regardless of where I live on the Island, I agree Nanaimo is the best location.

Maxx
01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a piss poor business plan to me.Would make a hell of alot more sence to have on in the lowermainland/fraservalley.I understand realestate is more expensive but the shear # of people that would be shopping there would offset that pretty quickly

AGREED!!!!!

huntcoop
01-22-2009, 01:33 PM
..........and Cabelas is coming to Duncan.

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
AGREED!!!!!

Naaaaa, Naniamo, south end;), sounds great:biggrin:. There's lots on the mainland already.:tongue:

ultramagbob
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
AGREED!!!!!

Im brilliant..Need a new business manager??

KevinB
01-22-2009, 02:17 PM
While this may turn out to be true in some cases, I don't think all the little guys in Kamloops disappeared when WSS showed up there?? :wink:

There were only 2 hunting/shooting stores in Kamloops when WSS showed up - the Powderkeg, and the new place up the hill, Jordan's.

Jordan's went out of business not too long after WSS opened. I have no idea if their closure was directly or indirectly related to WSS but I imagine it didn't help.

open-sights
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Wholesale Sports can be a huge benefit to smaller businesses in the same industry. Look at P&D in Edmonton as an example, this is one of the largest retail locations in all of Canada, in fact there are smaller retailers in Wholesale backyards at all locations that rival buying quantities.
It is certain that WS is coming to Nanaimo this year but it is not 100% certain there will be a store in PG, the 3rd western store is yet to be determined as well but without question Red Deer is the next logical local. Don't rule the Lower Mainland out quite yet!

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Wholesale Sports can be a huge benefit to smaller businesses in the same industry. Look at P&D in Edmonton as an example, this is one of the largest retail locations in all of Canada, in fact there are smaller retailers in Wholesale backyards at all locations that rival buying quantities.
It is certain that WS is coming to Nanaimo this year but it is not 100% certain there will be a store in PG, the 3rd western store is yet to be determined as well but without question Red Deer is the next logical local. Don't rule the Lower Mainland out quite yet!
Yes!:cool:

30-378-magnum
01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
..........and Cabelas is coming to Duncan.

wholesale in nanaimo ,cabelas in duncan ,and basspro in langford whats next???????????????????

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
wholesale in nanaimo ,cabelas in duncan ,and basspro in langford whats next???????????????????

:idea::biggrin:Russell's in Chemainus????:?::tongue:

Salty
01-22-2009, 08:05 PM

They could put it at the old mill site. Go big or go home. :mrgreen:

Trailmaster
01-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I would like to see the whole sale sports here in Nanaimo, all we have now is gone fishing, yay I get to deal with a couple of kids that think they know better then me, and they don;t carry a whole hell of a lot.Ii will still be shopping up at grandlands, i'm from the Campbell area, I know Carl and he has always told it like it is, plus every time I think i am looking for somthing odd ball that no one will have he does. I have not been into the bears den yet but I have also heard good things about there, not sure if any of its true. I feel with wss here then the one local shop will have to step it up, that can;t be all bad for us.

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 09:25 PM
They could put it at the old mill site. Go big or go home. :mrgreen:

Now you're cookin' with gas!! I like the way you think. Two blocks away, now I can walk there,

NaStY
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Dont know what the big deal is anyways. Wholesale sports has higher prices than any where else i have looked for items that i need and want....

tomahawk
01-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Dont know what the big deal is anyways. Wholesale sports has higher prices than any where else i have looked for items that i need and want....

Price is one thing but supply is another. They have a huge inventory of most popular items for hunting or fishing and that to me is worth as much as a good price! The smaller shops that are around have very little inventory but WSS has a lot.

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 10:01 PM

Their in store prices do seem a little higher alright, but that's OK. I'll do the vast majority of my 'shopping' when I'm in Edmonton @ P&d. Then, if & when needed, I'll hit WSS, in Naniamo, south end of course.:p

todbartell
01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
where are there better prices in Canada than WSS?

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM

From my experience when I'm in the Edmonton area, I've found prices at P&d to usually be a little less. That's one of the three reasons P&d is usually my one stop shopping center when I'm back that way.

todbartell
01-22-2009, 10:58 PM
looking at P&D's site and being in their store once, it seemed like P&D was a bit higher on average. Ive read on CGN where the owner of P&D has flat out said he is not trying to beat or match WSS's prices on most items

The 'Hummer'
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
looking at P&D's site and being in their store once, it seemed like P&D was a bit higher on average. Ive read on CGN where the owner of P&D has flat out said he is not trying to beat or match WSS's prices on most items

That's where I pick up probably 90% of my reloading components, targets and a few additional associated 'goodies'. I also usually make a quick pit stop at WSS for the odd additional item. A quick price comparison check on most of my supply'restock items and I've found the costs at P&d to be less. Being retired, if I found the opposite to be true, most of my 'shopping' would take place at WSS.

Salty
01-24-2009, 11:38 AM

I'd have to agree with bartell on this one. As any good gun nut I get all the catalogues, check specials on line etc. I find other places like SIR or Russels will beat WSS here and there. And even the ma and pa shops will beat them once in a while. Most of the time WSS will be the lowest though. If you price out the same 10 high end items at all the different stores for instance, I bet WSS will have the lowest total for the 10 items.

Having said that I'll point out again, these big box stores are pretty darn nice to have. But if we all just graze from that field, we'll be stuck there if the small guys go under. I try to spend at least 50% of my toy budget at the not the big box mail order stores to do my little part in supporting the little guys. .. :smile:

The 'Hummer'
01-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd have to agree with bartell on this one. As any good gun nut I get all the catalogues, check specials on line etc. I find other places like SIR or Russels will beat WSS here and there. And even the ma and pa shops will beat them once in a while. Most of the time WSS will be the lowest though. If you price out the same 10 high end items at all the different stores for instance, I bet WSS will have the lowest total for the 10 items.

Having said that I'll point out again, these big box stores are pretty darn nice to have. But if we all just graze from that field, we'll be stuck there if the small guys go under. I try to spend at least 50% of my toy budget at the not the big box mail order stores to do my little part in supporting the little guys. .. :smile:

Good points, and for the most part I agree. There are times I like going to WSS for example, just because of 'all the goodies' they have on site. Why I started dealing at P&d was partially because of reports on a Gun store I received from my daughter & son in law who live close by in Sherwood Park. Also, their prices in a lot of components but I mentioned that earlier.
Usually, when I drop in to stock up on components specifically, I'm not interested in looking at boots, basket balls or jock straps. On those ocassions, guns and accessories is all I'm interested in, P&d is the perfect fit.
Another basic item that turned me off of WSS in Edmonton was my first few experiences with their customer service. It wasn't exactly heart warming to see people involved in retail sales with even less in the way of interpersonal skills than myself. On my last trip to the area, I did stop in at WSS for a couple of items, that I was unable to find at P&d and there 'seemed' to be improvements. One item I was looking for was an RCBS shell holder for my 348W. I couldn't find one but the girl working in that dept. said she was positive there was one and proceeded to strip shelves and she did find it.

Salty
01-24-2009, 01:30 PM
And then there's the Calgary boys. A couple decent fellows behind the gun counter there but some that are the rudest most condecending old pricks I've ever seen. One guy in particular seems to just troll behind the counter all day with a permafrown waiting for a chance to pounce on customers that dare to ask to see a rifle that he doesn't like so he can take shots them and belittle them. ..

Mik
01-24-2009, 01:39 PM

Russells now owned by WSS in turn owned by UFA (for those that dont know-United Farmers of Alberta) who now own Sportsman Warehouse (approx. 75 stores in USA) and now are looking to open atleast 3 stores in BC:smile:

scallywag
01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
i am all in i have had too many bad shopping experiences at Gone fishin'. I even had my buddy ask if i screwed the guys gf cause he thought i must have done something to piss him off.

Lorne
01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I get Everything i can ordered from WSS.. they way it works if you order in over the internet or phone it comes from the main Store in alberta. everything is shipped out of there and in alberta you don't pay the one tax (GST i think) and depending on what you buy the tax you save is more than what shipping costs. i bought a 300 dollar jacket and saved 30 dollars ontop of what i already saved because WSS is cheeper than everyone else.

Islandeer
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Hope it does, Good to give Island Out fishers a price shoot. I will be there for some nice marmot rounds.

kebes
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm going to have to lock my student loan up and throw away the key if there is a WSS coming to Nanaimo.

blackwater
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I get Everything i can ordered from WSS.. they way it works if you order in over the internet or phone it comes from the main Store in alberta. everything is shipped out of there and in alberta you don't pay the one tax (GST i think) and depending on what you buy the tax you save is more than what shipping costs. i bought a 300 dollar jacket and saved 30 dollars ontop of what i already saved because WSS is cheeper than everyone else.

Are you sure about your Tax logic? I thought once they have a store in BC they will start charging the tax of the province. Don't think it matters where the mail-order originates. I could be wrong of course.

todbartell
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM
they're supposed to do that by Canadian law, but do not. Ive never been charged, thats for sure. Not that I am complaining.......

Candocad
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
i am all in i have had too many bad shopping experiences at Gone fishin'. I even had my buddy ask if i screwed the guys gf cause he thought i must have done something to piss him off.

Good to see I am not alone.

I have tried to buy about 4 rifles and 15 accessories from good 'ol Gone Fishing in the last 2 years. The last rifle was about $2,000 list, and they couldn't even be bothered to ring me back with a price. I bought mail order from WSS.

Island Outfitters in Victoria is seriously expensive, and on the 4 occasions I have been there I have had to wait whilst the staff argue / haggle with disgruntled customers.

Bear Den + Granlunds are great, the rest get what they put into it.

Candocad

fuzzybiscuit
01-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote from Trailmaster:

"I know Carl and he has always told it like it is"

Ok, now I'm going to tell it like it is. Grandlund is a flippin' wingnut. His store is a complete pigsty and everything smells of dog.

I, like alot of guys I know in CR, would gladly drive to Nanaimo to shop at WSS.

Johnnybear
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Grandlund is a flippin' wingnut. His store is a complete pigsty and everything smells of dog.

But that's what makes it Grandlund's :lol:

I miss Johnston's downtown Nanaimo with the creeky floor boards and the pot bellied stove.

Candocad
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Ok, now I'm going to tell it like it is. Grandlund is a flippin' wingnut. His store is a complete pigsty and everything smells of dog.

The questions you have to ask yourself should really be as follows:

Does he have what you want?
Is the price fair?
Was the service courteous?
Was the service helpful and knowledgeable?

In my mind the above is the main criteria to an enjoyable gunshop experience. (Although the Cougar hounds and 'rubble' is a bit off putting I agree.)

Candocad.

358win
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Nothing there Hummer. just sitt'n empty. I always liked sorting through the downstairs ammo dept.

Viper
02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I know I'll be shopping at Bass Pro when they open next year in White Rock. Their Redhead line of clothing is really good and reasonably priced. They also have good prices on ammo.

Fozzie
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I miss Johnston's downtown Nanaimo with the creeky floor boards and the pot bellied stove.[/quote]

Don't forget the smell of fresh popped popcorn!

tomahawk
03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
There are employees working on store inventory now and they hope to open in Nanaimo in July if all goes well.

moosetaken
03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't want to rain on anyones parade but a "wholesale Sports new outlet" sign went up here in prince george last fall but the sign going up has been all that has happened. I've heard both that wws was bought out by new investors that put the brakes on expansion and had also heard that with the global financial meltdown there aren't any lenders for bussiness expansions left anymore, either way I wouldn't hold my breath. Kamloops has a decent wss and I've been in every gun shop between here & there, you never know who has what so I try to allways allow time on all road trips to check out any sporting shops on the way. That incuded my honeymoon to the island 2 years ago when I hit every shop I could find. Gotta set the ground rules with the wife early :)

tomahawk
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't want to rain on anyones parade but a "wholesale Sports new outlet" sign went up here in prince george last fall but the sign going up has been all that has happened. I've heard both that wws was bought out by new investors that put the brakes on expansion and had also heard that with the global financial meltdown there aren't any lenders for bussiness expansions left anymore, either way I wouldn't hold my breath. Kamloops has a decent wss and I've been in every gun shop between here & there, you never know who has what so I try to allways allow time on all road trips to check out any sporting shops on the way. That incuded my honeymoon to the island 2 years ago when I hit every shop I could find. Gotta set the ground rules with the wife early :)

The employees are in Nanaimo setting the store up now, so don't worry your not raining on our parade!!

KingFlatla
05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
It's about time Wholesale came to the Island.Are they still hoping for a July opening?

Candocad
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Does anyone have a proposed opening date for Wholesale Sports in Nanaimo?

Candocad.

Spampy
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Creeky floors...I remember when it was Frenchy's in Calgary. Small but a cool memory from when I was a kid. I drove past the new store in Nanaimo and see the "Opening Soon" sign. Can't wait to ogle at the new stuff. Once in a while a deal comes around. Check out the Web Only Special- Elk Pac.

rand
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Creeky floors...I remember when it was Frenchy's in Calgary. Small but a cool memory from when I was a kid. I drove past the new store in Nanaimo and see the "Opening Soon" sign. Can't wait to ogle at the new stuff. Once in a while a deal comes around. Check out the Web Only Special- Elk Pac.

Lets hope soon.Not sure the opening day but was told July.Might head down and ask the the guys working there,they may have a better idea.

Johnnybear
05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Well it's all painted up with the Wholesale colours now. They seem to be working feverously and I see folks there late and on weekends so I think the company has put the hammer down so to speak with the contractor to get er done:grin:. I heard a late June opening date. I think I'll stop and ask as another poster suggested.

porcupine
06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Robin Fearn was just hired to be the manager of the Nanaimo store. Many of you will know him as he was the store manager at Island Outfitters until last week. Robin told me that they hope to open at the begining of August. They will have to hire all the staff and train them before they open.
________
Honda RVF400 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RVF400)

bluegrouse
07-16-2009, 07:18 PM
any news of an opening date??

kebes
07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I drove by yesterday and the sign said opening late july.

The Hermit
07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Robin Fearn was just hired to be the manager of the Nanaimo store. Many of you will know him as he was the store manager at Island Outfitters until last week. Robin told me that they hope to open at the begining of August. They will have to hire all the staff and train them before they open.

Oh good for Robin but bad for Island Outfitters... Robin was one of their very best!

deer nut
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I plan on checking it out just to see the taxidermy etc. but I will keep supporting Gone Fishin'. They gave me a great deal on my new 300 WM Sako (best price I found in all of Canada believe it or not!!).

Marc
07-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh good for Robin but bad for Island Outfitters... Robin was one of their very best!

Lets just hope that they don't price their stuff like Island outfitters do...

Johnnybear
07-17-2009, 03:56 PM
A buddy phoned Calgary and asked and they said Saturday the 25th!!!!!

I'll be there bright and early with coffe in hand:grin:.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/Coal_miner/Hunting%2009/2009fishing021.jpg

Downwind
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
My dad and brother got jobs there. I'm hoping to take advantage of any discounts they get :D

elwood
07-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Just like in field of dreams build it and they will come no squeaky on the concrete lots of grumpy old farts working there bring a couple of gold cards plenty to look at july 27 .

trapperdan2061
07-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I called head office and they said the 31 st what gives...........

scallywag
07-18-2009, 01:17 AM
31 is still 2 weeks away

open-sights
07-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I have been told the 30th for a soft opening and a grand opening on the 19/20th August.

358win
07-19-2009, 11:16 AM
My dad and brother got jobs there. I'm hoping to take advantage of any discounts they get :D

Then I'm working with your family Downwind. Hope to meet some of you shortly. I'm in the Hunting Dept. Although I doubt I can wear my HBC hat.

Mr Cam
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I was there this weekend, friendly staff, they are not all stocked up yet, but that's ok, it was a soft openning. I was surprised they weren't giving out catalogues to everyone, I do my best "wish list" shopping while in the "echo room" in the mornings! I loved seeing the Czech 1120 rd. crates of 7.62X39. This is a welcome addition to the Island, the fishing section was pretty impressive.

Johnnybear
08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Well I went in there around 2:30 today and it was packed. There was a line up at the tills and they were ringing folks through at the customer service desk.

I went back at about 7:30 tonight (yes they are open till 9:00!!!!) what a nice change to have a store like this open till 9:00 on Thurs. and Friday. They are having there grand opening soon with specials then and flyers will be out etc.