PDA

View Full Version : good reading for sheep hunters

bridger
01-21-2009, 06:44 AM
perhaps a lot of the guys alreadyhave these books on sheep hunting in bc for those of you that do not you might want to have a look at
1) Bighorns and Stone Sheep written by Chris kind
2) Wild & Free the story of Frank Cooke one of the most famous or infamous stone sheep guides in provincial history. both are easy reads and interesting if you like some history of early sheep hunting in the carbioo and peace regions.

BCHunterFSJ
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Great Rams 2 by Robert Anderson is now available! It's a great companion volume to his 2 previous books on sheep hunting. A "must" for sheep hunting fanatics...

bighornbob
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Great Rams 2 by Robert Anderson is now available! It's a great companion volume to his 2 previous books on sheep hunting. A "must" for sheep hunting fanatics...

A friend just phoned me and he said the books arrived at his place. It will be at least a couple of weeks before I can actually go and get it. Looking forward to it.

BHB

Kody94
01-21-2009, 12:36 PM
GR2 is good, but not as good as GR1 IMHO. Lots of photos of little rams taken by "famous" sheep hunters which seem like filler to me. Still way worth the $$s for a sheep nut though!

BCRiverBoater
01-23-2009, 04:07 AM
And where can one find Great Rams II?

kennyj
01-23-2009, 05:50 AM
And where can one find Great Rams II?

Safari Press.
kenny

Kody94
01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
You can also get it here if you want to support a Canadian business...

http://www.bighornphotography.net/index.htm (Joey Olivieri)

I ordered from him online and received it very quickly.

Cheers

whitetailsheds
01-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Another interesting read is "People and Peaks of the Willmore Wilderness Park" by Susan Feddema-Leonard. Lots of history on the creation of the park and the explorers/ outfitters that played a role in it. Gets "local", for FSJ and DC, as Glen Kilgour (at the top of Taylor hill) has 37 pages dedicated to his outfitting days in there. Some nice bighorns have come outta there.
Available through the willmore wilderness website, or 780-827-2696.

bighornbob
01-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Cheers

Thats where ours came from.

BHB

Maxx
01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
GR2 is good, but not as good as GR1 IMHO. Lots of photos of little rams taken by "famous" sheep hunters which seem like filler to me. Still way worth the $$s for a sheep nut though!

agreed, lots of lesser rams than the 1st book, Mr Anderson was signing copies at the SCI show,

Duk Dog
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM

Cheers

Another vote for ordering it from Joey. Quick service.