PDA

View Full Version : area 2-08

ruger#1
10-18-2005, 07:46 PM
just came off the mountain, went up after work and almost creamed a doe and fawn while i was headed to a clear cut, got to the clear cut and seen four more deer, might of been five, they were all does, found a very good game trail. i will be going up again. on the way out seen a very large white deers ass going over the bank of the road, all in all i think this is going to be a very good blacktail area in november. i will return, hope it snows soon.:smile:

rock
10-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Chances are good in november, to see that buck thats hanging around, I'm sure he was there but you never saw, good luck.

Steeleco
10-18-2005, 10:36 PM
I was up in 2-08 today also, but unlike you I saw didly, that's OK though I came home with a chord of birch and alder in my trailer, man do I have sore legs, wait till I have to split that stuff. I'm with you though can't wait for the snow, and I'm still hoping for a bear.

ruger#1
10-19-2005, 04:12 AM
hey dave seen the deer in the same place i seen the bear. found some nice deer trail to. looks like they are, going from one cutblock to a nother. im going to go up another evening. im going to try to catch them crossing, maybe the big guy will be on there trail. if you need a spliting mall i have one, and ill even drink coffee and supervise the job if you whish. i have some very large maples over here. need some place for the cougars, birds, and deer to stay.

ruger#1
10-19-2005, 02:46 PM
wow hope there isnt any mud slides up there.

ruger#1
10-20-2005, 08:10 PM
went up the mountain and seen three does, no bucks yet or he was laying down, nice fire on other mountain, should be good for next year.

Steeleco
10-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Well Mark you thoughtful guy!!!! I split it all up today, with my maul and 8lb sledge, I'll be sore tonight. Good excersise though.

Did you see any sign of Mr. Bear??

ruger#1
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
no bear but if you are looking for more birch or alder, and maple there is lots along the road, im going up again, and ill see if there is any bear sign, those deer keep spotting me on the road when i walk up to the clear cut, next time im going to cut through the woods.

Steeleco
10-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm all done with wood, if the boss burns up the 2 chords I've cut and split she'll be getting a lesson on how heavy 8lbs of steel is. LOL

I'm hoping for some snow in these areas soon, real soon!!!

ruger#1
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
going up the mountain again tommorow. this should be fun.

rollingrock
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Just came back from the mountain today. Went there after work, got jammed on hwy 7 on the way up there. Got (rushed) into my spot around 4:30, sat my ass on the cool wet lichen ground in the woods motionlessly for an hour, and heard a bang (didn't sound quite like a gun but really loud) on the edge of another cutblock which is only 50 yards away from my spot. The funny thing was I thought I heard some movements after the sound, so I thought some lucky ******* ambushed something that I was waiting for. But I didn't see any human walking out of the woods. Well, I didn't want to give up, so waited another hour. Dead nothing. On the way downhill there were unbelievable number of trucks driving opposite in dark. Man, tomorrow that place's gonna be another zoo day!

Steeleco
10-22-2005, 12:03 AM
This mountain sounds like I need to check it out, Tuesday should be quite, I hope!!!

ruger#1
10-22-2005, 08:41 PM
lots of atvs on the mountain today. might have to take the chainsaw and fall a few trees.

Steeleco
10-22-2005, 08:59 PM
It's supposed to rain Tuesday, something tells me I'll be all alone!!! Can't wait.

rollingrock
10-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Dave, you think the kritters will start moving in rain?

Steeleco
10-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Blacktails love the rain, Bill you should check out http://www.blacktailcountry.com/

I like the quote "when it starts raining, drop everything and go blacktail hunting"

Each time myself or my buddy have got good sized blacktails we got soaked for good measure. Like Ruger said we need some snow to liven things up a bit.

rollingrock
10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
But do they keep themselves in woods while moving or they move to the openings?

DBM
10-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Every year I tag along on a hunt with relatives in Washington state. I'll bet that between the 10 guys in Camp there's 300 years worth of blacktail hunting experience between them. If it's raining and windy at night they're so excited they can't sleep. If it's not raining maybe one or two guys will tag out on the weekend, on the one day with poor weather 8 deer ended up hanging in camp.:shock:

I'm told the deer feel uncomfortable with the branches falling in the timber so they're always moving or get out into the open where they feel a little safer.

ruger#1
10-22-2005, 10:18 PM
bill ive seen them out in slashes when it is raining , i dont think the rain bothers them. i whish it was overcast, i might go up to the higher slashes tomorow, they are steep. atvs and 4x4s are making the road rough. didnt see any animals today. i think it is because of all the traffic. it was a nut farm.

Darren
10-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I know a spot in the mountains around here where I saw at least 40 deer each morning, a week before hunting season. I have been back there since, at first light and not seen a single deer. They are there, just nocturnal. That is why I love finding spots nobody hunts, but those are pretty hard to find if there any good though:( .

rollingrock
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
most time it's very frustrating for me to see so many atvs screwing around for nothing. a lot of them aren't hunters. One day I saw another poor hunter driving along the logging road with his raised pickup, stopping from time to time and walking into the woods to check around. And the spots he was interested in are in my books too. :D I did find some good spots on map, but either they aren't accessible with my van due to the road condition, or the logging company just ditched road out. I'm not afraid of hiking up there, but the problem is how could I pack the game out if I get something really big? Time is another key resource to me. Right now I could hardly go for any trip more than a day after I used up all my vac days on my kid. Like today, the weather was unexpectedly good so I had to take her to my friend's farm in Langley to let her play with cows and horses. Well there're a lot deer and bears going through this farm, but you can't shoot them though. :twisted:

ruger#1
10-23-2005, 07:57 AM
not a good day to go up, the visibility from my house in this fog is about 50 yards, hope the clouds lift, maybe this afternoon. funny thing is i havent used my atv for three years. i take it out in the yard to keep the batterie up and thats it. dave and bill youll have to buy a 649, its at 40 mil, then you can buy a big ranch to hunt on,good luck ,mark

Ronforca
10-23-2005, 08:26 AM
I use my ATV every year to get me in there and also to haul out my game when I get lucky.This year I rode it to the top of the Mtn.that I hunt,got soaked while
hunting,it was very foggy and wet,saw some does and fawns.While riding back to camp wet and dejected I spotted a nice 4 point Whitetail which (was posted here).Left the atv running,stepped off,loaded up and shot the deer.Loaded it up and rode back to camp.End of story.Sometimes you just get lucky.:smile:

Steeleco
10-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Your right Ronforca, it's all about timing, sometimes I think if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. But then when you least expect it, CLICK-BOOM, that smile last's a long time.

ruger#1
10-23-2005, 01:55 PM
deer are up high and the quads are down low , the only way your going to get a quad where i hunt, is if you use a helicopter. remember if one of those potatoe heads on atvs run into you and has no insurance, then it is your deductible that pays for all the damages. any quad on a frs road has to be insured. any motor vehical.

Ronforca
10-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey Mark the next time that you come up this potatoe head will haul your Deer out for you.Ha Ha.Seems that I see a Blue machine around quite a bit.:biggrin:

ruger#1
10-23-2005, 04:31 PM
not talking about up there im talking about down here where they come around the corners like they own the road, they also pass you on the right hand side of the road ond shoot rocks at your wind sheild, those are the potatoe heads im talking about.my blue machine hasnt been on a hunting trip for a long time. next time they try to pass me on the right hand side, they are going to go in the ditch, and that might teach them you dont fight a atv against a truck.

rollingrock
10-23-2005, 04:39 PM
not talking about up there im talking about down here where they come around the corners like they own the road, they also pass you on the right hand side of the road ond shoot rocks at your wind sheild, those are the potatoe heads im talking about.my blue machine hasnt been on a hunting trip for a long time. next time they try to pass me on the right hand side, they are going to go in the ditch, and that might teach them you dont fight a atv against a truck.

Exactly!:) I myself have saved a lot of their asses by showing courtesy and respect to all road users.

Ronforca
10-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey Mark just trying to get a rise out of you .:lol:

ruger#1
10-23-2005, 05:54 PM
keep trying, haveing a deer roast from that princeton deer, it is mouth watering good, slow cooker with onion soup on top. mmmm hey it dont rise anymore, unless she is blond. 29 years old and a 36x24x36, see now you got me off this thread.

ruger#1
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
was up on mountain yesterday. had someone in a suberbun right on my bumper. i went over a log and he fallowed, he stopped when i went over a deep cross ditch. dont know what his problem was, maybe a anti. got to this springs cut block. there were deer tracks every where, freash deer poo, but no deer. its going to be hit and miss with these deer. they have a lot of area, funny thing all the years hunting in this area, ive never seen a co. ran into him last night on the way out turns out i know him, talked for three quarters of an hour he wanted to see my rifle, and hunting licence, never asked for any thing else, it was a good day no motor cycles or atvs. went down an old road and found alot of buck scrapes, 5 yards off the road , we do need some snow, and the bucks are chaseing the does. seen a three pointer chaseing does about 5 kms from my house, the fun is starting to happen.

Steeleco
10-25-2005, 10:15 PM
I too went up there today, that's some steep country. Found one big ass set of deer prints from an over night jaunt. Not too much else, but I learned a whole bunch about a new area. The best part is when daylight came I realized I've been driving right past this spot for years. I almost needed sunscreen, and the minute I get home the weather I was dressed for came with a vengance. Picture a guy standing on a tarp half way up a mountains almost naked taking off all the layers I'd put on only hours before. Good thing I was alone!!!!

rollingrock
10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Dave and Mark, do you guys now put on your HBC hats while going out? Ya better do! :-)

Steeleco
10-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Hat on head HBC sticker on tailgait of Jeep. Besides you should be easy to find, your the only crazy guy in a Miniwan trying those roads. LOL

I tried your side of the hills too, was a little choked about the missing bridge half way up :cry::cry: Very promising country though.

rollingrock
10-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Which bridge are you talking about? :shock: Before which mileage mark?

My wife just approved my application of getting a chevy truck. But man, gas kills me these days. So I think I'll still have to look around for a while. What's your recommend?

Fred
10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
RR, if you go for a 4.3vortec it will give you pretty good milage. Fred

Steeleco
10-25-2005, 11:29 PM
For years I drove a 1990 Tracker and if not for the lack of space inside I'd likely still drive it. I Love my Cherokee but I liked 30mpg better. Just be carefull of the mid 90's 4 doors with the 1.6L engine, they are very under powerd. The 2 door n the other hand was great. Avoid the soft tops too, too many problems.

ruger#1
10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
bill, when i get the money ill buy a hbc hat, im either whearing my black cowboy hat, or my mack brothers logging hat in bright red, that bridge that dave is talking about is way up high, i think the turn off is at mile marker 4 or six, i used to have a cj5, traveled almost all of those roads and all the roads in back of sylvester road. had a ford f100 way up on the mountains back there and my ty rod fell of, it was a nice walk out. good thing i had company and a six pack of beer. dave if you were in the same place i was there were deer tracks every where, and they were freash, if you are about 5 feet from the tree line in the slash, there are deer trails going every where. hope you were around the zig zag slash. you have to explore, that whole platue. it is very interesting, it would be more interesting if it snowed. you guys and you gas. i drive to chilliwack 50 k one way. and i can see the slash that i hunt. hey i have a 5.8 litre in my truck. ive gotten 435 kms on one tank highway no load, i should own cheveron. mark

Steeleco
10-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Mark yesterday was a day for learning and exploration, and yes I could see your truck in the parking lot!!! ;-) even put out a large camp fire that was left from the night before, I didn't know I'd drank that much coffee!!!

Next time I'll do a little humping beyond the tree line. I did walk to the bottom of that very large slash, you want to walk up that, man your nuts!! can you say steep. I did hear what sounded like some bucks clanging racks but having only one good ear, directional ability bites!!!

But at the end of the day to quote Arnie "I'll be back!!!"

Steeleco
10-26-2005, 03:49 PM
you guys and you gas. i drive to chilliwack 50 k one way. and i can see the slash that i hunt. hey i have a 5.8 litre in my truck. ive gotten 435 kms on one tank highway no load, i should own cheveron. mark

That's why I drive a P.O.S Sprint to work, also 50km each way but it gets 50 mpg. Makes up for floggin my Jeep in the bush for 6 months.

rollingrock
10-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Don't you guys know that we're making this thread a very informative 2-8 hunting guidance?:biggrin: I wish all lower mainland/fraser valley hunters contribute their knowledge to this thread. This is such fun to learn from you guys!

BTW, did everyone buy 649 today?

To Fred:

A truck like Avalanche is always on the top of my toy list. But usually what mpg you will get out of a 4.3L engine? It sounds like a monster to me.:shock: I looked into gmcanada.com and find a couple of small ones which are quite interesting. All I need is something with 4x4 capability and a not-too-long wheelbase. How about Canyon? Good thing that I've been saving GM points and will get loyal customer bonus if I get a second vehicle from GM. The price tag of Canyon doesn't look that scary either. By paying this much I might still have some extra left for some necessary mods.

To Mark:

5.8L? Forget it, man! Then how many HBC hats have you burnt in that engine? Holy cow!:grin: YOu know that's why I keep myself run 2 to 3 miles every other day so that I'd be ready to hike to anywhere my van cant reach. I once hiked into Burke Mountain in three hours with 60lb load on my back, soaked and wet. I heard bears there are quite friendly and not scared of human. :grin:

To Dave:

That's what I'm going to do: use the truck for hunting only. That wont hurt me too much.

Fred
10-26-2005, 09:02 PM
I have an 89 Jimmy Jr. with the 4.3 and an automatic tranny. Going up to Princeton,cruising around a mite and coming back to Aldergrove will cost me about $45. If I went with an electric fan and unlockable hubs it could be better but heck, it already gets better milage(uh, kilomitrage?) than my 81 Pontiac GLM with the 3.8. The Jimmy Jr. has A/C, power windows,power door locks,cruise control, buckets, plush interior,and a couple of other minor features, not bad for $800 even if it does need a bit of TLC. Fred

ruger#1
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
lots of smoke on the mountain today. going to try to get up there tommorow or monday. heck i might even go sunday. the hunting god wont mind.there was a good frost in chilliwack this morning, those deer must be getting horny. question, what do a women and deer have in common? the hornier the better. i read this on a tee shirt. must be a quot from the hunting god.

ruger#1
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
im going up to the mountain tommorow, rain or shine, it is cold today hope there is a bit of snow.

rollingrock
10-29-2005, 10:02 PM
im going up to the mountain tommorow, rain or shine, it is cold today hope there is a bit of snow.

I really want to know how the road would be if there is a bit snow up there.

Steeleco
10-30-2005, 01:07 AM
I 4wd is should be no trouble at all. the more the better. So long as it dosen't freeze under a fresh layer, traction should be fine.

Hey Ruger, rain is a good thing!!!!

ruger#1
10-30-2005, 01:40 PM
had lots of fun on the hill today. had a doe hopping infront of the truck for about 200 yrds, had a doe and fawn run across the road infront of me, seen on grouse. and was 20 yrds away from a coyote. all in all it was a nice morning on the hill. also found more deer trails and lots of tracks, please send some snow to the mountain.

Steeleco
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll check things out on Wednesday, and hope there's some white stuff on the tops by then. One day they'll give us a LEH doe for reg 2. Haven't seen those for about 5 years. That would be easier to cut than win though.

bsa30-06
10-30-2005, 08:35 PM
hey you guys keep talking like this and i'll have to check this area out myself.If i can figure out where it is you're talking about.

Fred
10-31-2005, 12:46 AM
I was on the Coq gold panning today. There is a lot of snow up there in the high country and just today it come down a ways. Fred

Steeleco
10-31-2005, 09:27 AM
hey you guys keep talking like this and i'll have to check this area out myself.If i can figure out where it is you're talking about.

And so the mystery begins!!! There deer all over dem damn hills!!!!

ruger#1
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
hey the snow is comming down lower. you might get some for wensday dave. i will be looking up at the mountain from work. ill even wave at you. lots of luck. ive talked to a guy that has taken a few deer off of there. snow baby snow.

ruger#1
11-01-2005, 06:35 PM
wow couldnt even see the mountain today. clouds were to low.

Steeleco
11-01-2005, 08:45 PM
The TV news said the local ski hills got a big dump today. Just what I needed to hear.
There's no feeling like tip toeing in the fog hoping to jump some unsuspecting critter, it sucks though when they run off into the fog as fast as they appeared.

ruger#1
11-01-2005, 10:29 PM
im going to call your cell phone when your hunting, and scare that big one away, ha ha. if you have any troubles ill be at work, with my cell on, put new tires on the truck today, should work good in the snow. i tied rattling antlers last sunday. but the hunting gods didnt help me. seen a grouse, that it i seen it fly away. good luck dave. im taking the spotting scope next time.

rollingrock
11-01-2005, 11:03 PM
im going to call your cell phone when your hunting, and scare that big one away, ha ha. .

Seriously, Mark, do you expect his cell to ring in the mountain? So the snow is down?:o

ruger#1
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
i hope he isnt int the mountain, my cell works good up there, he will probably call me when he gets the big one, i hope he does there has to be a big one up there with all those does hanging around.

Steeleco
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Well guys my cell does work up there. But I won't need to turn it on, you'll hear me if I get anything. I don't just want any deer, just the one who left the prints I found last week. ;);)

ruger#1
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
well dave i didnt hear any shots. the mountains south east of chilliwack had a good dump of snow, looks very good. if you were waveing i couldnt see you through the clouds.

Steeleco
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Well sorry to say I got skunked. But had a good day none the less, Almost got up into the snow at about the 25k mark, then nearly got stuck in a NASTY landslide. Besides a good soaking I saw this little guy and his Mom not more than 10 feet from my drivers door. It's always a good day when you see animals.

Next time little guy!!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/62Baby_-med.jpg

ruger#1
11-02-2005, 08:41 PM
hey dave was that on my mountain , or further back.

Marc
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
your mountain? God you must have lots of money :mrgreen:

rollingrock
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Dave, the first time I was driving on that road I figured there would be a big chance of slide when I saw the loose side of the road. It's good that you got back safe.

ruger#1
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
marc am i going to have to talk to your wife, i didnt think you ever read this thread. dave what time did you come out, i was going to go up at 2:00 pm. next time we will have to get together and ill show you. afew other spots up there. still to many leaves on the trees. did you take your gps and if you did how high when you were into the snow, i need to try my new tires out on my truck, when the snow gets to deep up there ill be useing the quad.

Marc
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
You'd be surprised how many threads I scan throught a day. Just because you don't see me post somewhere doesn't mean I haven't read it. :wink:

ruger#1
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
this hunting on the mountain is tougher then sitting on my fathers porch, drinking coffee, then going across the feild and shooting a blacktail. those hats mark are they shallow or deep, i need a shallow oneto cover my head and not cover my ears.

Marc
11-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Mark they are deep but they've got an ajustable strap on the back so it shouldn't fall off your ears. I haven't heard any complaints about them doing that anyways. :biggrin: http://www.huntingbc.ca/miscpic/Back%20of%20Cap.jpg

Steeleco
11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
First of all there's just too many Mark(-c)'s on this site!!!
Well I'll do my best, to answer all the questions.

The critters were on "Your" mountain Mark at the 4 km area just before the orange ballast weight!!, I only got upto the 2300ft mark and the snow was closer to 3000ft at a guess. I came out at last light and went in before first light, next time if your thinking of heading in there I'll put the cell on vibrate. LOL I gave the zig zag another go, I got in with not too much trouble but then a thought came over me, what to do if I get an animal, walking 45* while dragging and animal, not too cool of and idea.

I met a fellow that was cutting drainage ditches between the 18 and 22k area, he was having a hell of a time keeping up with all the water on the road. Did I mentioned it RAINED today. So much for my theory about the weather and blacktails. :roll::roll:

ruger#1
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
ive seen them there two times . they are small. and very tame. just past that weight, i had a big doe running in front of my truck for about two hundered yards. i tried calling you around 7 am. did you go to the very last slash. i was talking to a guy who hunted the zig zag. he shot a spike , it was laying down by a stump. he heads to the helicopter pad, then to the other side and up. he shot a three pointer on the south side of the, i call it the bowl. there has to be a big one up there, one of us is bound to see it. if i showed you all those buck scrapes, you would think there are twenty bucks up there and these are not small trees they rubed either. i came home early with a major headache. mark

Steeleco
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
I was going to give the bowl a go but another fellow I bumped into was already in there, which is good because as I was crossing the slash above the road a couple of ying yangs in a Jeep CJ went blazing into that area music blaring and stuff. I've seen the Helo pad, that looks like some hump to get to it, but I guess once you start it can't be that long, I'm sure it's another story once the snow starts to fall that low, the first slash was very loose under foot with all the rain. There's a huge puddle at the end of the road making a new drainage for itself, loose like some nice area below the road once you figure out how to get around the mess at the side of the road. you must have just missed me I turned off the cell as I hit the bottom of the road at about 6:45. Still got till the 15th of Dec, lots of time!!! I want too drink coffee on your Dad's porch and shoot animals across the field, It's got to be easier.

Hunting blacktails ain't easy but it sure is fun!!!!

ruger#1
11-03-2005, 08:51 PM
im going up the mountain tommorow rain or shine.im going to take my gps. and map out some trails, also going to take my camera need a heck of alot more snow up there.

Steeleco
11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Snow on the Coq was supposed to get below 700m, that's about where I topped out yesterday. Good luck

Hey Mark if you like I can put you onto a road that I know will have some snow on it. It tops out at 4200 and is only minutes from where you work!!!
Give those new tires a wook out and maybe get some meat.

ruger#1
11-03-2005, 10:26 PM
hey i was looking at those mountains today, th snow is very low. its getting low on the mountainto, ill get more pics of the doe and her fawn,thats odd i havent even seen a spike or a two point up there.

Fred
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I want too drink coffee on your Dad's porch and shoot animals across the field, It's got to be easier.

Dave, I hope to do exactly that on Saturday. I am going to try to take my friends Buff meat to him tomorrow in Princeton and will call Ron from there. I have got to get up there on one of these aborted attempts!! :roll: Fred

youngbuck
11-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Snow on the Coq was supposed to get below 700m,

Here's what the coq's summitt looks like this morning

I got this from http://www.drivebc.ca/home.jsp.

THis a great site that tells you about raod conditions as well as construction.

Fred
11-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Vince, I tried to reply to your PM but Marc's site wouldn't put it through and I had to leave the site and log back in. This problem is getting to be a royal pain! It only happens here too! :???: Fred

rollingrock
11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Here's what the coq's summitt looks like this morning

I got this from http://www.drivebc.ca/home.jsp.

THis a great site that tells you about raod conditions as well as construction.
:)
Oh lord! Isn't this the time to go for it?

ruger#1
11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
well just got back from the mountain, and did i see alot of trees, all i seen was one squiral. snow is at 2500ft. went to the mountain to the west. lots of tracks but nothing to fill them. it still was a good trip , snow is quarter the way down the zig zag.

Steeleco
11-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Makes me feel better knowing I only saw tree too. Need snow at the bottom, I've got new tires to test also!!

ruger#1
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
this sunday im going to go up again. might take a road trip to boston bar. and hunt the ridges along the fraser. seen some big bucks in that area.it was snowing in hope today. should be good hunting. good luck peoples.

ruger#1
11-06-2005, 03:02 PM
had fun on the mountain today, seen four does, about a dozen bald eagles . had three snipe scare the crap out of me. snow is getting lower also found a lot of places the deer are bedding down.no bear sign. heard three shots on the other mountain. target practice or a gut pile for bill and dave to check out. deer were moveing at about 9:30 am. nice looking does to, they didnt even know i was there. it was a good day

Steeleco
11-06-2005, 04:19 PM
One of the three of us had better get an animal from this reg. Soon or I'm going to have to crawl back under my rock. A buddy of mine tagged a 3 point in the snow last weekend above Chealis. But he's got a quad and tight lips!!!!

rollingrock
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Dave and Mark, I just got back from Stave Lake. Have a little bit story for you guys later on. But right now I have to make a few calls to overseas first. Talk to you guys later!

slyfox
11-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I saw 3 does in Region 2-08 near Squamish yesterday, but no Bucks yet...I am wondering if it's still to early. Wondering if the Rut has started yet?

rollingrock
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
The mountain did get a bit snow up there, and it's moving quite low now, as you can see in the picture.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/870PB060028.JPG

So I believe those mountains to the east of mission should have way more snow than this, but I haven't gone back for a few weeks now, dont know what exactly happens over there. Dave's friend's buck wouldnt surprise me at all. But most good spots in Chehalis (not Harrison west), if not all of them, are carved in my brain. So even if he doesn't wanna tell, I could figure out 80%, no problem. I was actually going to go hiking up there today, but too bad I didn't have time.

But the equipment really affect your capability of harvest games. On my way back out I saw two 4x4 trucks turning onto a side road in front of me. But when I drove by that "road", I was startled. A big wide deep hole basically ditched the road out completely, and I don't think anything that's 2wd could get over it including 2wd trucks. But when I looked at the climbing rear ends of those two 4x4s, I said to myself "what the heck, I need to get one asap!". Besides the rain was pouring down real hard that time. I was really impressed.

No matter where you go, Stave or Chehalis or Harrison, there're tons of bears there. You can find bear scats, poos and prints in any woods if you're willing to walk in there. Like today I found a good waterhole with lots of bear signs around.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/870PB060023.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/870PB060024.JPG

Yes, that's fresh! But I wasn't there at the right time.

It was fun getting out in the rain. But I saw two more new burnt car wrecks up there, numerous none hunting quaders and a bunch of teens drinking by two trucks partying on main road.

Finally, here is my hat.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/870PB060026.JPG

ruger#1
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
i see the snow is getting lower , that is a bonus, now to find more deer. seems like the way i see them is when they flicker there tail. i bet it is going to get busy this weekend, want to get to rock creek when bow season opens and the whitetals are rutting. that will be a lot of fun.

mainland hunter
11-08-2005, 12:36 AM
a little bit removed from your area but a friend of mine tagged a nice 3x3 around chilliwak. he went out to site his gun and just bumped into it.

Steeleco
11-08-2005, 02:12 AM
a little bit removed from your area but a friend of mine tagged a nice 3x3 around chilliwak. he went out to site his gun and just bumped into it.

I see his gun was on target!!! Good for him, someone out there has to help control the wild animal population. ;) ;)

ruger#1
11-08-2005, 03:02 PM
snow is lower today, mainland i think you should go target prcticing, i was going to go to the game farm, but i dont like canned hunts. hope it stays cold out. be safe and hunt proud.

mainland hunter
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
im gonna head up to "site in the gun" soon i think

Freshtracks
11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Sight the gun in ... heck it's buck or bust.

ruger#1
11-08-2005, 10:21 PM
this weekend is going to be a blacktails unlucky day, im going to find a buck for sure, if this snow stays this way.

ex bc guide
11-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Good luck on tour quest ruger#1
Mike

Steeleco
11-09-2005, 12:42 AM
this weekend is going to be a blacktails unlucky day, im going to find a buck for sure, if this snow stays this way. In some circles that would be BAD CARMA, but I like positive thinking. I'm going to do my best Friday, but likely closer the Chealis. Let is snow!!!

ruger#1
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
yes it would be bad for those deer i suppose, but good for me, the snow level is the same. the snow has fallen from the trees and onto the ground, we need another dump of snow.

ruger#1
11-10-2005, 11:09 PM
im all ready to go and chase some deer, this should be fun.

Steeleco
11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm headed to the east end of 2-08, Chealis area with #1 son. Let's meet here tomorrow night and swap pictures. LOL Good luck #1

ruger#1
11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
dave take a look in the gallery. tell me what you think of these antlers. im headed to 2-04

Steeleco
11-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Yikes. 2-04 that's my back yard!!! (well sort of) There has to be a story here somewhere??? We're waiting!!!

ruger#1
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
there might be a storie when i get back, have to take the atv out, its been sitting for about 6 months, gas was getting sour, the 94 octain is $1:04, heck that is alot of money. had the dogs out in the yard today. and a coyote came out of the bushes and started chasing, my german shorthair, i think she might of gotton bit on the ass by the way she was yelping, the other gsp chased the coyote, this is the second time this has happened, if i get it in my sights it will be its last time.

BuckFever
11-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey Ruger! where did you find those antlers? Also what happened to your hair?

rollingrock
11-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Hey Ruger! where did you find those antlers? Also what happened to your hair?

:eek: That sounds like another story!

ruger#1
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
hey hair is for hippies, went out today had lots of fun in the snow. went up so high, we needed a snow mobil. lots of tracks in the snow , deer were no where to be seen. going to give the mountain another crack on sunday.

bsa30-06
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear that ruger. But im glad i'm not the only one that didn't see anything.I'll try again on sunday aswell , just not sure where yet.Good luck.

Steeleco
11-11-2005, 08:05 PM
We went for a boot up a couple of areas in the Chealis area. The snow was coming down as low as 1800' Lots of tracks all empty.

Rollingrock, so you think you want to get a NEW truck for hunting??
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Cross_ditch_2.jpg

This was about the seventh ditch on the road we talked about the other night, it was a lot steeper than the picture portrays. Oh to own a quad.

On a lighter note on the Chealis FSR near the rec site we bumped into a couple of "City boys" that were having trouble changing a spare on their Explorer, while I was re-jacking the truck with my jack the were telling us about the 2 spikes they had seen, the hunters cleaning a deer and the gut pile they almost ran over, al this at around 9am and on the main road near 20 mile bay.

Right day wrong hill!!!!

ruger#1
11-11-2005, 08:21 PM
hey dave i have a quad and it was cold, i wish i had a small suzuki pickup truck. 20 mile bay is where i shot my very first blacktail. was walking on the road up there one year fallowing deer tracks, then there were cougar tracks, and them bear tracks. the road i hunted on was just past the road to 20 mile bay on the left hand side. at my old job, one of the guys i used to work with was at 20 mile bay watching something swimming towards him, then it stopped swimming he went ot to see what it was, it was a cougar it drownd in front of him. his brother in law shot a big buck up there that was laying on the edge of a bluff.

rock
11-11-2005, 08:33 PM
We"ll tommorows a big day hope my son and myself at least see deer
sure like to see him tag his first blacktail, I hope that big boy I saw last weekend is still running around, this time I"ll be ready.
Good luck to all be safe.

rollingrock
11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
:smile: :mad: Ahhh...sounds like someone found "my" spot and took "my" deer, Dave! I'm heading out on Sunday too, guys. So if you guys see my crazy blue van on any road side, please honk to hello! :wink: But please dont scare my game away, I won't be too far away.

Those ditches on that road are quite unusual. I told you I've never seen ditches like that. That time when I was there, I only tried two of them and backed out. Man, my van's front bumper now got a lot scratches.:-? But I think I was smart enough to get out there until it was too late. But I wonder a TJ might be able to make it. But I'm surprised it wasn't raining over there this morning?

I checked quads out on the Internet today. Surprisingly Bombardier is making decent quads too. Their top model has a ground clearance of 12 inches which I think is equivalent to a TJ? But looks like a quad is a must-have thing now.

Steeleco
11-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey Bill, let me tell you it rained A LOT but was snowing just feet above the cut we were in. The road ends in a very large cut block, which was hammered with sign and scat. It will be a tough slog if you get one but worth the work.

BTW my Jeep has 5" of lift over the factory height, 3" suspension and 31" tires, and I still managed to tear out my trailer plug, AGAIN!!! So a stock TJ?? - NO WAY!!!

ruger#1
11-11-2005, 11:12 PM
you want to see ditches, go to the noth end of harrison lake, to the logging camp. you can loose your truck in them. good fishing up there and the odd grizzley. i know a few indians that live back there. it would be nice to take the barge on stave lake and go to the logging camp at the north end, used to see lots of bear and deer tracks up there. good luck hunting guys, i have to go to school tommorow.

Steeleco
11-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey Mark, you find the barge I'll bring the pole (and the Jeep) I would love to get up there, that and the upper Pitt.

ruger#1
11-11-2005, 11:21 PM
ive met one of the guys that own the camp, and i think ernie catherwood owns the barge. i know him . ill ask and see what i can find out. i also have to drop into cattermoles, and see if there still logging or have a gate up on their main logging rd just past spuzzum. seen two three pointers and a two pointer, all standing together up there.

rollingrock
11-12-2005, 12:02 AM
If you guys have all the other stuffs ready, then I might have this for the trip up there:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/rockrolling/type84walltent.jpg

Military tent for 6 -12, stove ready, heavy duty....

rock
11-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Well today was a good day, 3 bucks in 4hrs got to like that first one a 4 point at 50 yds never got a shot of , still learning the hill I hunt, second one 45 minutes later almost the same spot nice 2 point, third deer in about 1 hour later, this one I tagged 50 yds, not a big deer but still
exciting as ever, I wish I could do this for a living. By the way I called in every deer today that was awsome, hopefully my luck will continue.

Steeleco
11-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Glad to hear someone is helping to control the local populas. Now where's those pictures!!!

rock
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I have marc helping me with pictures, I"ll try and post them

rollingrock
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Dave, I just got your email. Check your email. Now I need to get some sleep. Talk ya later!

Rock: congrats on your buck!

lip_ripper00
11-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Rock glad to hear your day went better than mine. (Was up chelais way today.) Saw 2 does and 4 in of wet snow. Had some clown pass me on the right going into chelais lake south, found the car at the bridge but no body.F^U% kyackers took all my self controle not to tear the valve steams out!!

I am not a deer hunter. yet. in my small mind time in = results.I had some great teachers to teach me the moose hunting thing.After some past posts I would not ask any body to take out a new hunter

Steeleco you want the upper Pitt had a trip planed this weekend until a partner bailed, skiff from Grant narrows Thurs aft. pick up sun noon 3 quads and gear ain't cheap but do-able, camp at the hot springs, hundreds of km of logging roads oooh, oooh!!!! good luck to all this week-end Steve

ruger#1
11-13-2005, 12:07 AM
well you guys ill be going up tommorow. im going to call and rattle. see what i can stir up.sounds like your having fun there rock, youll get one for sure, have fun and keep it safe. cell phone will be on viberate.

Steeleco
11-13-2005, 02:13 AM
This is the time that I hate my shift, Tonight is Monday for me, so you guys get all you can and tell me the hot spots for mid week when you working!!! Just kidding!!! Good luck all.

mainland hunter
11-13-2005, 04:59 AM
from chilliwak

ruger#1
11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
:smile: went up the mountain today. it was foggy wet and cold.took the dogs with me, when i was parking my truck at the clear cut i hunt at i noticed something that looked like a stump, so i just kept getting my gear ready. heck i thought i was at the game farm when the dark thing started to walk to wards me. it was a nice doe. then she walked away. and i started my hike. Ive gotton 60 yards to the cut, when i was looking in the fog and seen a deer looking down at me, used the binoculars and seen it had antlers. pulled up the Ruger#1, had it in the scope when it started to run. i gave it a sleeping pill behind the shoulder. it came down like a sack of potatoes,then the work started. had to climb Rd's straight up, the easy part was dragging it down, i drug it to a creek that was by my truck, then cleaned it out. the bullet went behind the right shoulder broke four ribs and tore the liver apart and came out the neck, nicked the left shoulder. it was his unlucky day, 13 is a lucky number for me, i started to head home at 830 am , after calling my hunting partner and rubbing it in,picture will be in the gallery. it wouldn't post on here. now its time for my rum and Pepsi. hope you guys had some luck to

ruger#1
11-13-2005, 04:06 PM
every one must be out hunting.

bsa30-06
11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
congrats ruger sounds like you had a great morning.

Steeleco
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
every one must be out hunting.
Nope Mark I was sleeping, so you got the only deer in that spot, I guess I don't need to go back EH!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Why I aoghta, good for you.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/blacktail_002.jpg

ruger#1
11-13-2005, 04:52 PM
im getting another tag, ill be back. as long as the does are staying around. there still is another chance. i didnt even take the quad off the truck. that deer didnt even have an ounce of fat on it. must of been on jenny craigs program.

bsa30-06
11-13-2005, 04:59 PM
do you really need another tag, can't you leave some deer for the rest of us starving hunters.

Freshtracks
11-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Congrats ruger#1 on another elusive blacktail. Nice to be able to get them right in your own backyard too. :wink:

Ronforca
11-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Good going Mark.

rollingrock
11-13-2005, 08:33 PM
:eek: oh my God, Mark you got it?! Finally....;) Congrats!

I went out today too but my luck slipped away. Good spot, lots of deer tracks, only need luck...will post the story later. Tired...

rock
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Good job mark, looks like a tasty one enjoy.

ruger#1
11-14-2005, 11:07 PM
well guys there must be a lot of blacktail bucks out there , my hunting partner went out today and seen 3 bucks, a spike a two point and a bigger one , the two point almost ran into him he shot it at 20 feet away. he had an awsome day.

Steeleco
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Same area Mark??

lip_ripper00
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
damn, I have to get out more!

ruger#1
11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
the deer better look out this weekend , i just bought another tag, i want a bigger one.

bsa30-06
11-15-2005, 04:57 PM
good luck with that ruger#1.

ruger#1
11-15-2005, 06:24 PM
dropped the deer off at the meat cutters. he has 60 deer hanging, and is turning people away. my deer weighed 98 lbs, my buddies was 75 lbs. the buck i shot in Princeton was 110 lbs. it was a 4x3. the other ones were 2x2s. good luck you guys.

Steeleco
11-15-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm going to the mountain thursday Ruger, you may as well stay home Buddy :eek: :lol: :eek:

Freshtracks
11-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok I gotta go check out this mountain.:confused:

Steelco leave a small one for my son. They're safe from ruger#1 as he's going big or bust.:p

ruger#1
11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
i will be on the mountain Thursday afternoon, I'm going to rattle and call , wait a minute i said that last time. I'm going for 3 points or greater.

rock
11-15-2005, 11:56 PM
let me know how you make out on thursday mark, hopefully I can get away from work this weekend. Last weekend I bleated and grunted for 5 minutes straight a 4 point came into view no less then 5 min later unfortunate he was on my blind side so I never got a shot off..

Steeleco
11-16-2005, 12:43 AM
i will be on the mountain Thursday afternoon, I'm going to rattle and call , wait a minute i said that last time. I'm going for 3 points or greater. Picky picky picky!!! I'll have the phone on vibrate, not sure which part ot the hill but the hill none the less.

Freshtracks, I promise to only take one animal, THE FIRST ONE :eek: :eek:

ruger#1
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
hi Dave i worked an 11 and half hour shift today, if you go to that slash. there is a ridge in the middle of it, you can see both ways from there. i have to start work at 3 AM, so i wont be up to late tonight. good luck if you go. Mark

Steeleco
11-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm going alright. The clock is a tickin!!! Just not sure which block to sit my A** on.

bsa30-06
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
hey ruger did you make it to the mountain today? how did you make out?

ruger#1
11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
started work at 3 am. got off work at 11 am. the tensioner for my serpentine belt went on my truck i spent about an hour and a half at lordco waiting for another one. wasn't into going up but it sure looked nice from work. Dave went up this morning,hope he did okay. Mark. its unreal there are still people on the road at 2 am going to chillwack.

bsa30-06
11-17-2005, 06:27 PM
shitty. but the season ain't over yet.

Steeleco
11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I just got home, from the mountain, And am I sore!! I walked that entire hill, at least my legs feel like I did. I saw more sign on that hill today than I've seen in a long time. What suck's is it seem's the deer are moving up hill. The snow is just about all gone except for the very top. I found rubs, scat and tracks on every trail I walked, some high, some low, just no deer. I even had 2 grouse induced heart attacks, the birds were plentyfull today. Even managed a clean head shot with the .06

Sorry the bullet passed right through so I can't tell you how it
performed. :biggrin:8):mrgreen:

ruger#1
11-17-2005, 09:02 PM
i tried calling, to see if you were okay, i think its going to be hit and miss, but they are using the trails like whitetails do. i might go up tomorrow or Sunday, my truck has over 300,000 ks on it, the tensioner bearing seized up on it, thank good i wasn't going to rock creek. we need more snow to keep them down.

Steeleco
11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
my truck has over 300,000 ks on it, the tensioner bearing seized up on it, thank good i wasn't going to rock creek. we need more snow to keep them down.

My Grade 12 auto shop teacher used to say "If it's got tit's of tire's it will give you trouble"

Hope the lady member's find that funny too!!!!

bsa30-06
11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
steeleco it took you so long to post tonite i thought for sure you were gonna have pics for us. Better luck next trip up.

BuckFever
11-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Where are you going this weekend mark?

Steeleco
11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I got pictures but not of deer. Was a beautifull day, despite no animals.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Nice_day_.jpg

rollingrock
11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Dave, I'm surprised there is no snow up there?

ruger#1
11-18-2005, 06:56 PM
omg dave, did you see that buck in your picture. that cut block if you walk down it, there is another road in the middle of it and you can see the bottom of it.from that one you can watch two other blocks . lots of deer crap.

Steeleco
11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Trust me I did ALL the roads in that area, and quite possibly found every pile of the only thing deer I saw all day!!! The green cut area to the right of the old grey cut is being logged as we speak, but you already knew that, right??

ruger#1
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
sure do i might know who is doing the work to, anyone else around there when you were up, the snow is also way above the zig, so the deer are way up there. we need some more of the white stuff, down lower. heck that could go for the price of gas and diesel to. the stretch from the orange counter weight to the first slash has a lot of grouse when it is sunny on that side of the mountain, last time i was up the dogs flushed one up, they always fly down the mountain.they don't seem to like landing in the trees. i wave to you up there, you must have a bug up your ass, you never waved back. another good place to go this time of the year. is the north side of the Fraser river, from Boston bar to Litton, up on the benches along the river, from the road to the river the first twenty yards is thick, when you get through it opens up. lots of deer trails. lots of hills and valleys. lots of fun.

Steeleco
11-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Mark the only sign of people I saw all day other that loggers was one black F150 parked in the area where I saw the doe and fawn last time, was almost dark by then, not sure where he was. I'd seen that truck up there before. We need to take that steel weight in for scrap to Fred, should pay for lots of gas for both of us, someone else aready tried to cut it with a torch. A guy could make a good living cleaning scrap metal from the bush, I found lots this year, in out of the way places.

And yes I waved but wasn't using all my fingers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fred
11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
F150's are only $80 or so per ton. If someone was using a torch you aren't refering to that tincan Ford,I am assuming?:biggrin: Fred

ruger#1
11-19-2005, 07:26 AM
o gee thanks Dave,mister mean finger.i have to go to school today.. then the wife or someone has planed the rest of the day for me. hey I'm always picking up brass. i have a few 3006 cases. i will save them for you and put them through the tumbler.$80 a ton holy crap we cleaned up the yard at work i called a industrial bin in and we filled it up with the loader , perty close to 10 ton of steel, thanks for putting a tear to my eye Fred.

Steeleco
11-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Well Mark there you go, I was talking about my thumb :roll::roll: I picked up a half box of 30.06 at the end the little road to the block, you can never have enough brass, although my reloading locker would disagree.

Fred
11-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Merk, car tin is different from the steel your plant shipped. The steel from your plant should have brought more like $100 to 110 per ton.
I am in here most every day and if anyone wants to know the metal prices just ask. I never lie about that stuff even if it costs me a load. Fred

ruger#1
11-19-2005, 06:41 PM
well easy come easy go, snow is way up on top of the mountain today,might hunt some were like Boston bar for a mulie, i just hate the drive get up at 3 am and hit the road.

bsa30-06
11-19-2005, 06:57 PM
i guess you'll be looking for a 4pt.or better in 3-14 or 3-15. good luck.I'll try 2-18 again tomorrow it's become personal now.

Freshtracks
11-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking a day trip to 3-14 and certain honey hole. Just about the right time. ;)

ruger#1
11-20-2005, 08:04 PM
went out today , seen one doe , walked for miles, am very tiered, and now its miller time.snow level is to high it needs to come down lower and the deer will fallow.

rollingrock
11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
I went to my spot too today. A guy tried to pull himself in there with his Tracker, but he only managed to make 400 yards and backed out. The ditches are too big. When I hit the top where the new slash sits, I had to change all my clothes as they were all wet. That was hell of a hike!

Steeleco
11-21-2005, 12:12 AM
A guy tried to pull himself in there with his Tracker, but he only managed to make 400 yards and backed out.

My old tracker used to fit nicely in those big ditches, his must have been shiny!!!! Ask 416 about mine IT WASN'T :eek: :eek:

rollingrock
11-21-2005, 12:21 AM
My old tracker used to fit nicely in those big ditches, his must have been shiny!!!! Ask 416 about mine IT WASN'T :eek: :eek:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: You're right! A brand new dark grey tracker.

lip_ripper00
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
long range forcast says it should cool down by the end of the week

ruger#1
11-22-2005, 11:20 PM
snow please snow, and snow some more, im so busy i might not even get to go hunting this weekend.

Steeleco
11-23-2005, 02:01 AM
I'm free all weekend, just hope your right about the snow.

ruger#1
11-26-2005, 10:47 PM
hey dave ive been to busy, hope you went out.

Steeleco
11-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I did indeed but it was one of those days that I should have stayed in bed. The bush was devoid of almost all life today, even took my son up to the area around Dickson lake for a wander in the snow, only found a small set of some sort of cat tracks, I think. Was snowing fairly heavily even on the bowl. For a while visibility was down to less than 100yds. Too little too late me thinks

bsa30-06
11-26-2005, 10:59 PM
hey steeleco at what elevation approx was the snow ?

Steeleco
11-26-2005, 11:05 PM
The first sign of build up was at around 600m but it was snowing for a while deep in the valley below 400m. That show had melted by the time we bailed but the lower peeks were showing snow on the trees.

The area around Dickson lake looked like it had about 4 to 6 inches in places.
Everything higher had a good coat of white.

ruger#1
11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
should of taken your fishing rod , there are dollies in Dickson, never seen to much game back there, might go up the hill sometime this week, need lots of snow, was talking to an old Friend, he had two four points around his place in hatzic prairie. he watched one lay down. that area is no single projectile. so its ssg time. when is the second rut, and it wont matter as long as we get lots of snow. and we loose alot more leaves on the trees.

Steeleco
11-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Most all the trees are naked and some of the smaller tight trails are slick as can be with the rotting mess on the ground. The wind was taking care of any remaining ones still hanging. The critters are safe for this year, my insurance on my Jeep runs out Thursday AM, will have to tackle the zag in the spring for some good exersise.