PDA

View Full Version : where to go for blacktail deer hunting?

duckhunt
01-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I have always wanted to get a blacktail buck but don't know any good areas to go. Me and my dad are going to scout the Sqaumish during summer vacation. I just want to know a good general area and what the terrain will be like.

stanway
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Head up to the Queen Charlottes in the summer and you and your Dad can bring home 5 bucks each. Lots of them up there.

Steeleco
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Any of the local hills between Squamish and Hope hold good Blacktail areas. They're near all 45* or worse, and usually thick cover. Find good sign once and learn that area for later in the season.

mark
01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I have always wanted to get a blacktail buck but don't know any good areas to go. Me and my dad are going to scout the Sqaumish during summer vacation. I just want to know a good general area and what the terrain will be like.

Just come to the interior, shoot a small to average muley, take pics and post up as a trophy blacktail! Way easier and no-one will know the difference!

bsa30-06
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Any of the local hills between Squamish and Hope hold good Blacktail areas. They're near all 45* or worse, and usually thick cover. Find good sign once and learn that area for later in the season.

It's just that easy!!!:-P

Th0r
01-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Put some time in reading here and then get ready to put your time in on the hills. For most these are not easy pickins.:redface:

30-378-magnum
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
promlem with hunting blacktails is they are two and a half feet tall at shoulder and vegetation they live in is four feet tall.