PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a bear come up your tree stand?

BigfishCanada
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG4MMC8Tvsc&feature=related

BearSniper
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
No

Never had them come up to a treestand.

But I've had them come to the smell of food at camp, as well as rabbit in distress calls.:shock:

mark
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Now that was one cool clip!

Salty
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Glad its illegal to shoot mothers of cubs here at least. ..

doubled
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Time to change the underwear. I would have crapped myself something fierce.

hunter1947
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
In the EK around 40 years ago I had a black bear sow chase me up a tamarack tree years back ,she had two cubs ,she circled under the tree swiped my gun 10 feet away that was on the ground ,stood up and shook the tree ,circled around the tree ,then parted. I was some shook up after that ordeal.

Will
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Pretty cool headed fella !

I'd probably have panicked and jumped for it......:oops:

spreerider
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Glad its illegal to shoot mothers of cubs here at least. .

they didnt shoot the mother, another bear shows up and he shoots him, that bear was drawn in by the cries of the cubs.
the one that was shot was a boar.
Read the comments under the video, mostly hippies complaining about it.
the only thing i see wrong is it looks like bait was used which is not legal when bear hunting.

gbear
01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I've never had one come up my tree stand, but, my partner did one year. We were hunting a couple different moose licks one year, and the the one he was at, a black bear came in. The bear knew something was up in the tree, but couldn't really figure it out. My partner just sat there really quiet and motionless. Eventually, the bear started climbing the ladder. The bear climbed all the way up and sniffed my partners foot. He then kicked it lightly in the nose and it jumped down and left. Still to this day, I don't know how he was able to stay so calm about the situation.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
the only thing i see wrong is it looks like bait was used which is not legal when bear hunting.

Not legal in BC but legal in other provinces.....where this video is most likely made.

Was the audio garbled for anyone else??? Or just me??

SSS

Salty
01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
they didnt shoot the mother, another bear shows up and he shoots him, that bear was drawn in by the cries of the cubs.

OK, I missed that part

Ya, garbled here too big time, thus my confusion above. ..

mark
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Not legal in BC but legal in other provinces.....where this video is most likely made.

SSS

I heard em loud and clear, they swore alot, maybe you have internet nanny to blurr out the cuss words

BCHunterFSJ
01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
It happened to me! I was hunting black bears over bait in Quebec. I urinated from the tree stand, and along comes this bear. It sniffed around the base of the tree, looked up, and started to climb up the ladder to the blind. When it got up to the level of my feet, I gave it a boot to the nose. It fell down the ladder and took off at a great rate of speed. At this point I had to urinate again... (true story!)

Stone Sheep Steve
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I heard em loud and clear, they swore alot, maybe you have internet nanny to blurr out the cuss words

Oh...I knew they were swearing. My trained ears picked up that much....but, luckily, the sound was like it was echoing about 10 times and my 6 yr old daughter(who was sitting on my lap) could not understand.

SSS

martyonthewater
01-14-2009, 05:29 PM
pretty cool vid for sure, not so sure how calm I would be after something like that though.

tomahawk
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Had a small bear come up the tree till it could sniff my right boot, it stayed for about 10 seconds trying to figure out what it smelled and then desended the tree and wandered into the swamp I was bowhunting for moose.

BC4Bowhunter
01-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Last year I had a young black bear climb up the tree I was in. I yelled at him, stomped my foot on the treestand to make noise and he wouldn't go away until I threw my bow holder and bonked him on the head then he took off. The next day did the same thing to another guy in our group.

Clint_S
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Not while I was in it but I did have one climb up and tear my seat to shreds and bend it.

kootenayelkslayer
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Haha funny video. I've definitely been treed by a few bears around baits. Once by a nice boar, and once by an angry sow with yearlings. Both times I couldn't get out of the treestand, everytime I'd take a step down the ladder, the bears would charge over and put their paws up on the tree and woof at me. Good fun for sure!

TIKKA TIGER
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I've had some close calls with bears, both black and grizzlies, but nothing like these guys in this video. That's why I pack bear spray and / or my .12 gauge defender when I bowhunt. I do this just in case I have the same scenario... at least then I have some backup power. Awesome video tho'.