PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster Grizz video

44inchStone
01-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Have any of you seen the new Bart Lancaster Video.
ALL grizzlys and some REALLY big boys!!! Great film footage and the end of the video gives you a true feeling of a outfitter after the season is over. You have to see it for yourself.

Link is dead......a link to Lancasters website is posted a few posts down

BCbillies
01-13-2009, 01:01 AM
My buddy from the E.K. called a few days ago and told me the video is great . . . a must see . . . and that he's hunting the same areas that I hunt. I will have to make a purchase and get all horned up for the 2009 bear season. Which reminds me . . . all my Allhorn DVDs have disappeared and no one is fessing up! I'm assuming Bart is personally not doing any recent spring guiding on this video. ;)

BCRiverBoater
01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Funny you mention this video. Watched it last night. Great video and some awesome bears. The video is of Bart and his buddies as they draw LEH tags. They are just hunting themselves. He does show one guided hunt up north.

The bears they get are all big inland grizzlies. They also show some footage of some huge boars he has seen over the last few year when they have not had a tag. Some real hogs in that video.

A must see for all! I would say better than his video of Kodiak Island.

35 Whelen
01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
I couldn't get the link to work ....is this it?

http://www.allhorn.com/

reddog888
01-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Great video! Ive got all 16 of thier videos. they keep getting better.

Elkhound
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Dead link.....could be because of copyright infringements. They want you to buy the video not watch it free somewhere

358mag
01-13-2009, 10:05 PM
wonder if they were using a dead horse for bear bait again ????

BlacktailStalker
01-13-2009, 10:28 PM
And the thread turns :roll:

44inchStone
01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Well the quickest way I found the videos was to do a search in Google for Allhorn Video Productions.
It will then send you to the link with numbers for ordering. It also shows ALL of his video.
As for him baiting with a horse?? Nevr heard of that but unless he has been charged, I would assume him inocent until proven guilty. I'm never too quick to judge or point blame at anyone unless I really know all the facts. Especially in an open site as great as this one. Just my 2 cents.
If I were the rest, the Grizz video is ACES!!

BCbillies
01-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Refer to page 6 of the following document for the facts.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/docs/qces_2nd_2007.pdf

Inspite of this I still enjoy the videos.

BCRiverBoater
01-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Refer to page 6 of the following document for the facts.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/docs/qces_2nd_2007.pdf

Inspite of this I still enjoy the videos.

You are right...I still enjoy the videos and he has some of the best. Do you think the penalty was because of a hunt on the video? Watch it first as I have and then comment.

They were all LEH tags so not in his guiding territory.

Secondly...do you think they hauled a dead horse or animal to the top a mountain in May while there was snow all over and left it on a huge slide. If you or anyone can haul a dead horse or any other animal to a top of a mountain and use it for bait then you deserve the bear.

This had nothing to do with the video described above.

If he did something wrong on a different hunt then so be it. I know of many a people who shot a bear over a dead animal.

This topic of shooting a bear over a kill has been debated to death on this site. Look at all the past threads...It has been asked, to do or not to do.

That article gives us no detail on the charge. He may have placed a bait, such as a horse, or he may have shot a moose and found a bear on it. Who are we to judge on such little information?

I am not saying he is not guilty but I will not say he is by reading this one little page. I know many a guide or outfitter or resident who have shot bears off an old kill. It is part of an advantage when hunting bears that we would almost all use. As a guide he should have used better judgment.

If he is guilty then shame on him as a reputable guide. If it is a questionable act then shame on the province as they are the same people who think we only have 5,000 grizzly bears left.

I do not condone this action as he was charged. But do not judge his video on this. They bears all appear to be killed in fair chase considering the location of the kills.

This is still on heck of a grizzly video. What he has done on other hunts is not part of why this thread was started.

BCRiverBoater
01-14-2009, 04:09 AM
I couldn't get the link to work ....is this it?

http://www.allhorn.com/

The link works just fine.

Mr. Dean
01-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I looked into this issue last year and made my own conclusions... Can't say that I'll be in a big hurry anytime soon to support his habits. :roll:

That's just my personal opinion. From what I have researched, I feel that he knew what he was doing was wrong. IMO if the family wanted to be free of a wrong doing such as this, they shoulda insisted on going to court and being heard, instead of taking the route they did and having all this put up for public knowledge and consumption ----> Big mistake for a guy with a clear conscience I feel.

Now I'm not one to say my decision is cast in stone but have yet to see anything that sways it. So, in short, my answer is no; I have not seen this vid.

44inchStone
01-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Well as I said. His videos are in a class of their own. For those of you who think that for one minute that if there was say a 8ft plus boar on a moose kill that you stumbled onto you wouldn't shoot the bear if you had a draw. Scare it off 5 feet then shoot it. Ya right.
Again I am not judging the guy. We all make mistakes. Look at what he has done for conservation, hunting and it's future. I also know for a fact that he has taken MANY young kids into the mountains with his family and given them a trip of a lifetime.
I just really wanted to let everyone know if they already didn't that he had a new video out and it's Great.

GoatGuy
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
For those of you who think that for one minute that if there was say a 8ft plus boar on a moose kill that you stumbled onto you wouldn't shoot the bear if you had a draw. Scare it off 5 feet then shoot it. Ya right.

Well, now that you put it that way, the bear was well over 8 ft. Got some good video of 'em burrying and chowing down at about 20 yrds.

Nope, didn't shoot 'em or chase 'em, just watched. Was pretty neat. Big old floppy eared bugger. And, yes had an LEH in the pocket.

Again I am not judging the guy. We all make mistakes. Look at what he has done for conservation, hunting and it's future. I also know for a fact that he has taken MANY young kids into the mountains with his family and given them a trip of a lifetime.
I just really wanted to let everyone know if they already didn't that he had a new video out and it's Great.

Those boys have done a lot for hunting, there's no doubt.

Stanley's rescued more than a couple haywire kids and taken 'em off to the mountains.

Definitely an outstanding couple of outfits and some great people to work for.

They've got another video that I don't think will ever see the light of day but it's quite the production.

Hoytster
01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
You know....I have been a great fan of the Lancasters and their videos...I had talked to Cam on many occasions about hunting before he passed away and have nothing to say in a negative way about them.....Guides and Outfitters should be held to a higher standard in stewardship ....and really...we all should. It broke me up inside when I heard the news about the grizzly incident...especially cause I, like many, talk them up to lots of outdoorsmen looking for great video footage to watch.....still.....I believe we should come to the understanding that we are all human...we all make mistakes....some of us just dont get caught....either way....does this mean hes a bad hombre?....not at all...he made a mistake and paid his price.....do I talk up the videos as much...no I dont for the obvious reason.....are they good at what they do?...you bet!...still one of the best.....I will keep on buying their great videos and invite them around my campfire anytime....

Hoytster
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Another issue was with Briarhunts videos.....the jack Brittingham ones....I really like these too and then comes the info of the 2 violations from thier latest star Brian Martin.......do i stop buying them too???...I heard Brian Martin was not charged in the end...

Maxx
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, now that you put it that way, the bear was well over 8 ft. Got some good video of 'em burrying and chowing down at about 20 yrds.

They've got another video that I don't think will ever see the light of day but it's quite the production.

I just watched this grizzly video, and outstanding job as usual from the Lancaster crew!

GG- You have my interest on what video won't see the light of day?