PDA

View Full Version : G5 mechanical broadheads.

westhoyt
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Tyee in CR recommends these , my son shot 2 deer with them, any positives or negatives on these, They are 50 bucks for three in a pack.
Rage seems to be pretty popular, who sells them on the island?
Thanks Jody

jrjonesy
01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I've shot my last 5 deer with the G5 Tekan II. They worked great on all of them. Point of impact is always the same as with my field points.

Wildfoot
01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
i have a set of the new black tekans. I haven't used them yet because they are barbed, and quite a few people have said that barbed broadheads are illegal in BC...???

I can't find anywhere in the regs that says a barbed broadhead is illegal, but I haven't asked any CO's yet to get a definitive answer.

as with all G5 broadheads, i found them pathetically dull out of the package.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Tekans have always been legal in BC ... they were illegal in AB for a while because of their profile and the lock open ... but has since been turned over

Jody ... you talking about these?
http://www.nationalarcherysupply.com/contents/media/2_2.gif

50 bucks a pack ... HOLY $#!^
\
How does 26 bucks plus GST and stamps sound ??

Wildfoot
01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
any tips on sharpening those dinky little blades?
I think i will try them on yotes this winter if i get a shot at one.

jessbennett
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
any tips on sharpening those dinky little blades?
I think i will try them on yotes this winter if i get a shot at one.

i wouldnt bother. just replace when they get dull

Wildfoot
01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
but they are about as sharp as an old butter knife out of the package. Ive had 2 packs of montecs and one of the tekans, none have been close to shaving sharp. You could see tooling marks on the edges of the montecs still!

NaStY
01-13-2009, 03:56 AM
but they are about as sharp as an old butter knife out of the package. Ive had 2 packs of montecs and one of the tekans, none have been close to shaving sharp. You could see tooling marks on the edges of the montecs still!

Maybe they were the practice heads?

westhoyt
01-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Yes those are the broadheads Bowzone Mikey, the stainless ones are more expensive I have noticed. Is that what you are looking at? Thanks for the pm. Jody

Wildfoot
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
mine are not the practice heads.. or the practice blades that came with the tekan. The montecs dont have the best angle on their blades which makes a shaving sharp edge near impossible. The tekan blades have a similar problem because the blades are so thick and narrow.

I really like g5's broadheads, I just wish they could get them sharper. I hear the strikers are sharper which makes sense since the blades are produced at the same place as slick tricks. I dunno. i will give them a whirl this winter and see. The montecs dont feel sharp but I know they work.. hopefully the tekans will be the same way.

westhoyt
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Is there any difference between the Tekan mechanical broadheads and the Tekan II mechanicals, is one better than the other. Thanks Jody

Wildfoot
01-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Is there any difference between the Tekan mechanical broadheads and the Tekan II mechanicals, is one better than the other. Thanks Jody

go for the tekans that are black. 3rd gen and many improvements over the other 2. larger cutting diameter. serrated tips on the leading edge of the blade. and a few other minor changes.