PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops hunters!

Crazy.kayaker
01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Anyone here in kamloops want to go out rabbit hunting? I keep scaring the rabbit along but cause I'm following the tracks I'm not always looking up and around for them enough so I'm missing them A LOT, so an extra set of eyes and a gun would be nice to have along.

Let me know if your interested in looking for rabbits with me.

C.K

Shermdog
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Where abouts do you hunt rabbits in kamloops? I may be able to head out with you in the near future.

Crazy.kayaker
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I go up either Jamieson or Sawmill/Lac du Bois (same road just changes name at 16 or 17km up. I saw a two rabbits or one rabbit twice but due to the snow being so deep and such they were gone before I could change my stance and take aim. Just let me know. And bring along some gaters to keep the snow out of your shoes. Snowshoes wouldn't hurt either ;)

d6dan
01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm gald to see i'm not the only south paw...dan Maybe my bro can go with you..

Crazy.kayaker
01-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm gald to see i'm not the only south paw...dan Maybe my bro can go with you..

I know a few. I've also noticed a lot of the new police shows have at least 1 south paw too. I'll welcome out of towners too though I do not guarranty you will get to take a shot but you will see lots of tracks.

I went up today the rabbits have been busy I haven't seen that many prints in that area EVER lots of droppings too. but the snow can be as deep as 4 feet so gaters and snow shoes are a must. The deep snow cost me two shots as I couldn't get my gun on target fast enough as I had to hold it across my chest or higher at times. There was also a lynx in the area some time toward the end of the snow falling 2 days ago. Light dusting of snow in the prints. Still no local hunters willing to go?

husky30-06
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
i may be up to going, I have been up and around the area myself, but after coyotes and wolves but rabbits could be on the list.

texasranger
01-18-2009, 01:03 AM
hey! soulthpaws unite! haha im a lefty too but shoot right handed guns haha ill go with you im in the kamloops area i havent been up there in a while, wait till the summer for me tho.