PDA

View Full Version : how's the weekend?

outdooorsman
10-15-2005, 09:29 PM
just picked up a freezer buck this weekend, anyone else having recent luck?

rollingrock
10-15-2005, 09:44 PM
In which area did you get your buck? In your backyard or other region?

Steeleco
10-15-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm headed to 2-2 just south east of Hope in the morning for a few days. Damn I need a bear. But will take what ever stands still long enough.

Good for you on the buck, hope your luck is still good, lots of season left yet!!!

ex bc guide
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Good luck Dave.
Mike

Bow Walker
10-16-2005, 08:45 AM
:cry: Been laid up and flat on my back these past 4 days with that gerschtunken flu/cold that's been going around lately. :mad:

Had some great plans to take my bow out for a Walk in the tullies, but.....you know the rest of the story.

Maybe this Thurs. or this weekend coming.:?:

Grumpy.

Thunderstix
10-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Have not been out yet, but I am going out at 12:30 with a friend who still has a moose tag and see if we can't punch it.......I think we will! I have friom the 20th to the 26th off so I will be calling the Skeena River banks home for those days. I have never personally killed a moose outside of the 7 day open season even when I have had the LEH....oh well.

bushape
10-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Really stix!?

The seasons only been 7 days for around the last 10 or 12 yrs, if that.
By the way, u home grown Rupert?

sparkymacker
10-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Weekend has been slow again. Went out Esperon Lake Rd area on Saturday, hiked into what looked like a good spot (couple of fresh rubs). Then the rain started...and did it ever rain! I got soaked so I hiked back to my truck to dry off. The afternoon was nicer, so I went up to above Headwaters but I was shocked to see how many guys are still camped up there! I walked into a bottle neck which connects two clear cuts where I had seen a couple of two points (before they were legal of course). I got comfortable was prepared to wait, but there was a never ending procession of quads and trucks coming and going. I started to get uneasy when I spotted a guy on a quad looking at my hiding spot intently with his binoculars. After he finally left I walked back to my truck and headed home. I am definately not going back up there until November, when hopefully the pressure has eased. I might take a couple of days off this coming week and try to get a two point before that season ends. Unfortunately I have only seen one two point since the season opened and that one was way too far to take a shot at.

Thunderstix
10-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Really stix!?

The seasons only been 7 days for around the last 10 or 12 yrs, if that.
By the way, u home grown Rupert?

Yep really! I have my share of moose and all during Open Season.
Been in Rupert since 1981. I will be 40 this November.
Are you an Ex-Rupertite?

rollingrock
10-16-2005, 01:17 PM
This week end is going to rain again, but from Tues to Fri it's gonna be sunny though. :cry:

ruger#1
10-16-2005, 03:58 PM
rolling you going to get some afternoon hunts in. i might get another tag , and go out tuesday evening. need more grouse. another deer would be nice.

palmer
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Was out this morning, I saw 8 does and a group of five bucks, The five mulie bucks were all spikes and two points, non showed any idea the rut was coming I guess its still a few days away yet.

rollingrock
10-16-2005, 06:08 PM
rolling you going to get some afternoon hunts in. i might get another tag , and go out tuesday evening. need more grouse. another deer would be nice.

I've been thinking to get out in afternoons too. It might happen this week sometime.:mrgreen:

Thunderstix
10-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Did not make it out for moose, but did go bowhunting Blacktails this PM and was 20-25 yards from a doe....too bad the doe only is closed right now! Was still exciting though.

BlacktailStalker
10-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Hunted from 430 til dark tonight. Saw 12 does and passed up a spike buck. Saw a huge buck after legal shooting hours, was at least a 3 point, very big body, silouhetted against the sky on a steep incline. Never had that happen before. Going out in the a.m again.

BlacktailStalker
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Went out with my buddy and his lil guy, just a road hunt. Saw 4 does and a buck that we never had time to id. He was in the corner of a slash below us and was high tailing it into the timber. Passed on a decent bear we guesstimated around 300lbs, he was old, grey face. If he was another 100 lbs I would of filled my tag but the drag would have been ugly, so it wasnt worth it. Plus the lil guy was cold. The hunt continues for the elusive blacktail.