PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Bipod

BCRiverBoater
01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I am think about getting a portable bipod for my rifles. I have seen this one on tv and looked very nice. I do not want to attach one if I can avoid it. This system looks very good as it locks on when needed.

Anyone know about these or have other suggestions?

http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/bp_rapid_pivot_bp_sitng_knlng.html

husky30-06
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
my father-in-law uses the walking pole with the gun rest on the top..... he likes it. i personaly use the bipod on the front sling mount.

The 'Hummer'
01-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I have a set made by Stoney Point, and Polecat I believe is the model. My daughter & son in law use them in AB and that's what got me started using them. They're compact, extendable and can be used as a walking stick as well. I haven't used them much yet but they seem to be a good idea/product.

Dirty
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I have the Rapid Pivot. It works okay. I haven't used it enough for a good answer though.

BCRiverBoater
01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I just like the idea of being able to pack it in my hand, waist or pack and only pull it out when needed. But this portable one sticks on firmly so I thought it may be a tad bit more stable. Just wondering if it is a good way to go. I have never used a bipod but getting tired of trying to line up a big pack or finding a decent branch etc. I have moved around too much setting up and spooked the odd animal thus forcing a quick shot when not really set properly.

30-378-magnum
01-17-2009, 12:58 PM
check out the versa pod from cabelas attaches in seconds and has lots of height adjustment

BCRiverBoater
01-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Looks very similar to the one I was looking at. Both look like good options.

eric
01-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Also have a look at the Bogpod at boggear.com They have either a bipod or tripod with a V yoke that swivels.

Eric

dime
01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I have the Harris bipod that attaches to your gun. A little heavier but worth it for long shots, and the quality is unsurpassed.

Cole
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I am think about getting a portable bipod for my rifles. I have seen this one on tv and looked very nice. I do not want to attach one if I can avoid it. This system looks very good as it locks on when needed.

Anyone know about these or have other suggestions?

http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/bp_rapid_pivot_bp_sitng_knlng.html
I have the Expedition model mono pod, and its awsome! Steady enough for three hundred yard shots and an excellent walking stick to boot! Also, its really good to help steady up binos when you are looking at something a ways off. Great tool !!!

BCRiverBoater
02-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks. I am going to try the bipod for a height of kneeling or sitting. If I do not like it I will try something else. I find if sheep hunting or in the steep country you lie down and use a pack for a good rest so the sitting/kneeling height might be best.

Maxx
02-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks. I am going to try the bipod for a height of kneeling or sitting. If I do not like it I will try something else. I find if sheep hunting or in the steep country you lie down and use a pack for a good rest so the sitting/kneeling height might be best.

I know that you don't want it attached to your rifle, but this is the sticks I use- very light, easy to attach to the rifle, and very compact.. and most of all, very stable. You can use them sitting or kneeling as well..,...I have used this for sheep hunting for a few years now...

https://snipepod.ipower.com/index2.html

FLHTCUI
02-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Again, if you wanna spend about $5.00 you look up varmint als bi-furpod and follow his instructions.
These take about 15 mi,utes tops to assemble and adjust via his findings.
They aint pretty , they just look that way.
And if you loose them or bust them oh well, you can always make another pair.
I should post what mine look like . but , I'm to lazy to take a pic right now.
Rob

ruttinbuck
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I know that you don't want it attached to your rifle, but this is the sticks I use- very light, easy to attach to the rifle, and very compact.. and most of all, very stable. You can use them sitting or kneeling as well..,...I have used this for sheep hunting for a few years now...

https://snipepod.ipower.com/index2.html
X2 on the snipepod.
Bought the STX27 with an extra mount as well for a second rifle.I really like the best of both option.I can carry it pouched on my shoulder strap and only clip it on when needed.I can adjust it down to prone or up io seated.I have shot out to 400yds with it accurately.RB

Rob
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I tried the Harris Bi-pod, and the folding tent pole shooting sticks, both work fine if you didnt mind carrying them. Last year I ordered a telescopic hiking pole/shooting stick,from Eastmans, you may lose abit of the horizontal steadiness, but its nice having a hiking staff as well. Rob

Singleshotneeded
02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
:D You can't beat the Harris Bipod for rock steady long shots...

eastkoot
02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
If your cheap like me, just go to the hardware store and buy two 1/2" dowels the length you want, drill a hole in each at the same height and use a small stove bolt with a locknut tightened enough so the sticks can still open and close.. I do the holes about 3 inches from top so the gun can rest in the crotch when the sticks are like a X. Use a large elastic wrapped as tight as you can around the sticks @ the bolt pivot.. Works great for steadying binos and gun as long as you don't mind carrying them..Wrap them with electrical tape, helps with noise when going thru brush..A small amount of foam at the top also helps the rifle from sliding around when on the sticks in the shooting position..I have 5 1/2 foot ones and when closed, I use it as a walking stick cause I'm old!!