PDA

View Full Version : going up the tuchodi

leadpillproductions
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
it looks like were goin up the tuchodi this season . any one went up there with riverjet adventures and how was it . looks like ill be bookin with him theres two of us goin i may need a thirth hopefull getting into some bugling elk

BCRiverBoater
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I am almost certain you will get into some elk. Just a matter of how hard you want to work. If you see nothing where you get dropped off, pack up and fly camp farther off the river and you will surely see elk.

riflebuilder
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
River jet is a good outfit Kevin will take care of you.

bridger
01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
bc riverboaters advice is good. be prepared to hike back off the river. boat traffic on the tuchodi over the years has sensitized elk and we don't see the elk numbers along the river we used to. kevin runs a good outfit and will do everything he can to make your trip enjoyable and sucessful. word of caution make sure you have a good waterproof tent for a base camp and a large waterproof fly you can erect. weather up there is really unpredicatable. it can scorching hot one day and snowing the next. the last year guy scott owned riverjet (3 yrs ago) I was coming down the river and was flagged down by some of guys hunters. it had been raining and snowing for three days. they had bought some supposedly good tents from one of the major discount stores and the rain drops didn't even change shape on their way through the tent. these guys were drenched as were the sleeping bags, food etc. I took them out to the landing. there hunt was ruined and they only endured four days out of a 10 day hunt.

open-sights
01-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Kevin is a real decent guy, I look forward to my next trip with his outfit as well.

Deaddog
01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I will be up on the tuchodi/Muskwa with riverjet again this year, you won't go wrong ... just remember the work part is up to you, the advice about getting back off the river is valuable.. you don't have to go to far but it can be a bit of work