PDA

View Full Version : spring bear hunting in the CARIBOO

srupp
01-10-2009, 08:53 AM
just a short report on snow conditions here in the BOO...one word sums it up...LOTS...as with everywhere else it seems..poor Vancouverites must be in total shock...:eek:

For those planning a spring bear hunt here ..plan on LATE..the snow levels towards the east..Likely/Horsefly are pretty incredible..Maeford lake cabin is TOTALLY under the snow..totally.

I have not seen snow levels simmilar to these for over a dozen years...and even west towards TATLA lake etc they are very high..

Black bear will be extremely late..HOWEVER for you GRIZZLY hunters..this spring there will be a GREAT bear season due to the snow levels...slides will be THE places to check and they will be concentrated there..

cheers

Elmer Fudd Ruppster

BearSniper
01-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Good report, thanks

We'll have to watch it closely as January and February snows play out.:roll:

3kills
01-10-2009, 09:00 AM
just a short report on snow conditions here in the BOO...one word sums it up...LOTS...as with everywhere else it seems..poor Vancouverites must be in total shock...:eek:Elmer Fudd Ruppster

not much for snow here at all..not sure what the bush is like but all the snow in town has melted....

Schmaus
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Just north of Prince George at Bear Lake it has snowed at least four feet of fluff since Dec 18

leadpillproductions
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
ill be hunting bears in williams lake in late may

bsa30-06
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
funny how the topic of snow comes up just as i look out my window to see that it is snowing here again.I would agree with others spring bear season could be real late this year.

goatdancer
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
With that much snow, what's going to happen to the ungulates?

Will
01-10-2009, 03:39 PM
With that much snow, what's going to happen to the ungulates?
Kitties and Doggies will likely have fat bellies......

srupp
01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
we are seeing LOTS of cougar activity during " nightly runs @ work...
seems like they look pretty pretty well fed all right Will..

steven

The 'Hummer'
01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
we are seeing LOTS of cougar activity during " nightly runs @ work...
seems like they look pretty pretty well fed all right Will..

steven
Not too far away, what's the spring Bear situation usually like in the Horsefly area?