PDA

View Full Version : Cartmel Lake

Dale
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I know its LEH but does anyone care to share some info on the area concerning sheep??

GoatGuy
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I think Cartmel gets most of the pressure in Spatsizi when it comes to resident sheep hunters. Most guys fly in and then hunt from there.

It's looks like a pretty serious hump to get up the hill to hunt; I haven't hiked it, just flown it. After that you're sheep hunting. As with sheep hunting, if you're backpacking you need to be in good shape and you should do ok. There's plenty of country in that patch for a backpacker. You're going to want to be in good shape, otherwise you'll be caught hunting the same country as most everybody else that flies in there. I don't think most guys stray too far from the lake.

Talk to Doug Beaumont. He usually flies quite a few residents in there every year. Don't know how well they do. Hard to gauge a sheep hunter at the float dock.

Buck
01-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I have been to Cartmel and you will need an inflatable boat to get into some alpine sections in the area.I was hunting Goats and we only saw two female sheep in the area.And they were near the lake.It is beautiful there but of course the weather changes constantly.Managed to get a nice ten inch Goat out of there.Good luck