leadpillproductions
01-08-2009, 12:32 AM
does anyone have any trips set up for fall yet

leadpillproductions
01-08-2009, 12:50 AM
sofar spring bears for us then elk havent decided where

Rob
01-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Going to take 2 weeks off in Sept, Im working on a solo backpack trip for the opener for alpine mulies.
Taking 20 days off in Oct, to do a family trip with the trav. trailer and kids(2.5 and 5 yrs old) and my 1 yr old lab, good friends of ours will be going as well. this will be a deer hunt and maybe moose as well depending on LEH results. looking forward to both trips, but especially the solo pack trip. Rob

BigBanger
01-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I might try a solo pack trip this year too . Rob you taking the dog with you ?

Rob
01-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I want to, it depends on her at the time, probably though, it would be nice to have her along. Rob

hunter1947
01-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Mine where set last year when I finished my elk hunt.

I will be headed to the EK for elk and deer starting Sept 1 till Oct 20th.

Then if I get a moose LEH draw I will head after moose near Smithers BC.

If I get picked for LEH for Island Roosevelt elk then I won't be headed up for elk in the EK ,I will head over to Alberta or Saskatchewan for White T and Mule D.

Of course there will be lots of deer hunting for me on the island in late November.

bc7mm
01-08-2009, 07:08 AM
My son wants a goat, so I'll see if these old bones can scramble up a mountain one more time. Hope to find some decent mulies this fall, will need to travel south I suspect as the one deer that lived here flew south for the winter and I expect won't return.

Moose if the lottery works out. And always Bears in the spring. Just opened a box with a 25-06 stevens in it so I have something to play with until the snow goes at least.

Leaseman
01-08-2009, 08:03 AM
So much depends on draws.... My son turns 15 in September, we will do the usual youth season for mulies, then he is pushing me hard for his first moose hunt! he has shot two mulies so far and been in on 8-10 other deer kills. He has listened to me about the years (close to 40!) of hunting in the Vanderhoof area and is pestering me to take him this year....:smile:

Outside of that, living in the LML, there will be sturgeon and salmon trips every weekend (yes, when open!) and day/weekend trips up the Coq.! (sure love the toll being gone!)

Mike

Fozzie
01-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Gonna paddle my kayak up Bute Inlet again and hopefully bring home a goat this time.

newhunterette
01-08-2009, 08:11 AM
will be puting for my LEH's so my trips will revolve around if I get draws or not, otherwise I have my annual trip deer & grouse hunting around Thanksgiving with Peter.

I hope to have another "adventure alone" trip and always talk about an HBC ladies trip.

I know Peter has been booking in his time for his usual annual hunts as well as wanting to take more time to explore in other areas again lots depends on the LEH's.

oldtimer
01-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Spring bear with my Bow, local deer hunting, hope for moose LEH, and maybe another trip down south if my Buddies arrange it again. Mike

Will
01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Early Sept Alpine Mulies...Bow season backpack trip, should prove interesting ;)

Definately some Fall Grouse excursions with the kids ! :cool:

Muley rut in Nov of course....if I still have a tag.

Moose, Elk and maybe Goats !
....LEH draws pending of course;-)

ElkMasterC
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm going Moose hunting on Saturna Island in October, if anyone wants to come along.....

frenchbar
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Depends on how understanding my parole officer is:smile: Come oct 1st i can hunt every day if i like,the hrs i work allow me to do that:smile: mind you they are just a few hrs a day hunting the local hills.WILL do a spring bear hunt trip in may and see if i can get my boy his first bruin,and a early sept hunt in the alpine with my sons chasing down muleys.

bridger
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
sheep and elk in the mk for august, moose during the rut 10 days all of november chasing whitetails. odd waterfowl weekend in oct going wolf hunting this weekend for four days

gbear
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Working on a sheep hunt at the start of the season. Could be cut a bit short on that as my sheep hunting partners brother in law is getting married in early August. Then elk during the rut locally here, and deer locally in November. Will take at least a week off work for both. May also hunt bear this spring. Also putting in for the usually grizzly draw.

BCRiverBoater
01-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Sheep, sheep and then more sheep. Have let off the pedal the last 2 years on these guys and can not happen again. Have not finalized anything as of yet. Location still unknown and timing unknown. May try for opening week or second week and then a later hunt in Sept. when elk is open.

Anyone need a partner on another trip?

30-378-magnum
01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
heading to the alpine for mulies didnt go this year due to injury lookin for a 180 class have seen a few in the area on previoustrips but never had a clean shot at one of the big boys yet

martyonthewater
01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
spring bear before or after may long weekend, depending on LEH outcome -possible elk/early wt hunt aug. in koots, oct moose/mulie hunt in region 3, region 2 bt after fishing dies down( pinks on the fly again this year woo hoo)

Kody94
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
The sheep trip I had to cancel last year due to injury will happen this year, Lord willing.

The two annual deer camps are also penned onto the calendar. Nothing else is final.

sneg
01-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Spring bear, early season northern trip for moose/elk,local mulies and finish off on waterfowl. Will put LEH for grizzly and moose as well.

Deaddog
01-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Leave Sept 11 for the MK, will be home Oct 4, sheep,elk, moose

GoatGuy
01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Goats next month
Help out for a grizz and turkey in the spring
2-3 weeks with the wolves and the old guys into reg 6 for a sheep/bou/moose/grizz trip
Week chasing rockies
Week for mulies
Week for whitey's
Couple days in early sept for a rocky/mule combo.
Should get an antelope hunt in Alberta, hopefully.

A week off in July for a pack trip 'vacation' (scouting trip hahahaha)

ramcam
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Musk-ox in August, cant wait.

moosinaround
01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Going bear hunting northeast of PG with a couple of fellow HBCer's, looking for a couple of Pumpkin Head Blackies!! Maybe do a little fishing too! Get out before the bugs get too bad!! LEH will dictate where I will hunt moose. I am heading up to the Peace for elk again, but I am staying till I shoot one next year!! Then it is deer locally, my usual haunts!! Moosin

kebes
01-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Hoping to head over to Christian Valley looking for elk and Mulies. Have to work around school though so hopefully I can manage that.

GoatGuy
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Musk-ox in August, cant wait.

Big trip to the bar in Cranbrook?

ramcam
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
That would be easier.

inletroamer
01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Fozzie have you taken a goat up Bute yet. Ive been thinking of that to

kennyj
01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Probably a solo trip for stone sheep,look for a huge goat on the way.
Maybe try the peace for a late deer hunt.Oh and I'm going to draw the Special Sheep tag and hunt late in region 3 and 8.Maybe a caribou draw to.
(dreaming )Of coarse Island BT's as much as possible maybe more.
kenny

cainer
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
The annual loon lake hunt trip will be in order, and if I'm allowed, back to Saskatchewan for another WT bruiser.
Who knows, I may even shoot a big'ole Pemberton Mule deer this year-even though they don't really exist:lol:
And then there's the LEH and Bears-so much to do, so little gas.

The MAN
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Looks like a good group of us will be off to the Sikanni Chief for gophers and muskrats!

1/2 slam
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Coues deer in a week:razz: Pheasant in September. Antelope in October and Blacktail then Mule deer in November.

blackbart
01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
If I can manage to go from fatness to fitness I will be stone sheep bound come August (drinking a beer while composing this probably isn't helping). Actually, I will be going regardless of physical condition. After all it is about glassing rather than pounding the leather and knees, right?? If that fails and a tag is still in my pocket there is always the option of setting up some R.V.'s and glassing right from the pub in region 3 come October (nothing quite like drinking beer while "hunting" sheep eh Alex?). Is that tame ram 7 or 8 years old??

Alpine mulie trip will be the next on the agenda. Where to go, Where to go is the question. One of these years we will find the right one to warrant the pack out.

A few family minded waterfowl and upland bird trips will occur in the Sept - Oct period, Grandpa and the kiddies like to see some shooting. There will also be the odd deer day trip during the mid fall. Have to try and get my Dad a buck with his new Tikka, since he is feeling too old to go by himself lately.

November always means that a week long Muye Grande search will occur as well.

Then of course there is the wild card of LEH results. Is this the year for a West Kootenay Elk hunt? Special permit sheep??

Might also try to find a farmer in need of some gopher population control for the 22-250 in June as well. I might need some recipes from R.P.

Perhaps a late season bow trip for Whitetails to the Koot's is also in order. Just need to find myself a host and I will be there come December.

Good luck to all in '09.

todbartell
01-10-2009, 01:24 AM
no plans for me yet

Krico
01-10-2009, 10:54 AM
No solid plans yet. Come spring I'd like to head out for turkeys again, try for black bear with my new (and first ever!) archery setup - and obviously grizzly if I get an LEH. Elk, sheep, mulies, goats, caribou, are all in the running for my precious time off come fall...really just depends on what works time wise with those I hunt with.
I need more vacation time:sad:

Barracuda
01-10-2009, 11:55 AM
running the hounds when we can and if we get drawn for grizzly we will be up north :mrgreen: .

tuchodi
01-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Elk hunting all of Sept. Moose and Deer in Oct & Nov.

Fozzie
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Inletroamer,
Last time I was up there was three years ago looking for grizzlies to view
at the Orford River. Too much rain, paddled a bit past the viewing platform but the bears had travelled further up the river and I was'nt about to go thrashing through the bush just to get photo's.
Next day continued paddling up inlet to the Soughgate, thats as far up the inlet I have been.
Learned from a very good source that I paddled past a prime goat area.
Can't shoot what you can't see as cloud cover was very low.
Wanted to get back up there this year but had to take wife, daughters, and son-in-law holidaying in southern California! Imagine that, during
hunting season.
When I went there I launched from Cortez Island, have to check charts
but I think the bay I started from was called Coultier Bay.

The Dawg
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Stoked for the bear trip with Moosin and Brett...cant wait for it!

riflebuilder
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Thar and Chamios in New Zealand in April followed by Spring Bear, Elk, Sheep, Goats and Moose if I get an LEH then a quick trip to the QCI in Oct for Sitka Backtails with a possible stop on the way home for some VI Blacktails. After all that if I still have a wife and job maybe....well yes dogs and cats.

ELKOHOLICBC
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Will be haeding to the EK for two weeks in sept. for annual Elk trip, Nov. Whitetail trip to Christian Valley probally not this year ready for a change. Might try sask. for some whitetails or Fort St.John. Also try a couple weekend trips to the house in Tahsis for some Blacktails.

browningboy
01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
We have a good group size heading off to the peace region for elk and moose but plans could change if we get the bison draw or elk draw in region X, we'll see.

We may even start a Kechika memorial weekend bear hunt up by boston bar hosted by some guys like Dirty, Newhunterette etc..

Dirty
01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
BB,

I am getting the prizes lined up for the Kechika Memorial Bear Hunt Derby Competition in Region 3 this year. Hopefully we can arrange something on the website. I am still discussing terms with some of the authority figures.

wetcoasthunter
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I thought I was screwed this year for any type of good trip, with a wedding and honeymoon things seemed bleak. But it looks like with the wedding in June, honeymoon in early august I will still have the fall open to me for a Hunt in 7B (elk, moose, deer) and maybe a late season island deer hunt (that might be pushing it)

I found myself planning (in my head of course, not out loud, I don't have a death wish) my wedding and honeymoon AROUND my hunting season, instead of the other way around.....am I a sick man? Is there a name for this? I'm just thankful she's understanding and that I have no control over this sickness.

Brambles
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Yup, Sept 10th to Nov 10th hunting mulies

The 'Hummer'
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
This past year was a Mule Deer on a draw in AB but the biggie for the coming season is dependant on getting a Moose draw in my old stomping grounds, 5-15. Also got an invite for a Varmint/Predator hunt close to Barriere and one for around Horsefly.

dirtybucker
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
well first up i'll be doin the turkey thing down in grand forks the last week in april, and then i move onto spring bears in reg.3 and reg. 5 and then after that i'll count the days until september..cant wait!

whitetailsheds
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Applying for Assiniboine sheep.......

inletroamer
01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
thanks for the reply fozzie, i boat around that area alot fishing hunting exploring kinda thinkin of climbing up top for a goat some time.

Angel
01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Any HBC folks planning a hunting trip together??? It would be kinda afun to try and put together a group weekend hunt somewhere, maybe during mulie,elk,moose season?.?.? Any thoughts or suggestions??

MichelD
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I like going up to my favourite mountains for an alpine hunt September 1.

I let a monster walk away September 2. Maybe I'll get a closer look at him this year.

bionicflite
01-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Howdy all
Just finished CORE and got licence and a whitetail tag.
I am new to bowhunting.

Leaving for work overseas on 22nd Jan for a month but have a month off from Feb 21.
I am an experienced sea kayaker.

Looking for hunting partners.

Do intend to get PAL

30-06
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
2 week elk,moose,deer in fort st john area.
deer around here.

JorgeElk
01-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi, my name is Jorge and I live in Mexico, for some time I have had the idea of having some kind of a trade with a BC hunter. I understand that in BC you can take a friend –nonresident-to hunt along with you for certain species without the need of a Guide. In return I would take you, to hunt whatever species are in Mexico, Rio Grande Gobbler, Gould’s Turkey, desert Mule Deer, Coues Whitetail, or our Texas Whitetail, been here I can rent a ranch and the hunt cost is usually a fraction of the actual outfitter’s charges. If you like the idea, you can contact me through this forum or this Email: jorgeralcantara@gmail.com (jorgeralcantara@gmail.com), Buena Caza!!!!

Kody94
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi, my name is Jorge and I live in Mexico, for some time I have had the idea of having some kind of a trade with a BC hunter. I understand that in BC you can take a friend –nonresident-to hunt along with you for certain species without the need of a Guide. In return I would take you, to hunt whatever species are in Mexico, Rio Grande Gobbler, Gould’s Turkey, desert Mule Deer, Coues Whitetail, or our Texas Whitetail, been here I can rent a ranch and the hunt cost is usually a fraction of the actual outfitter’s charges. If you like the idea, you can contact me through this forum or this Email: jorgeralcantara@gmail.com (jorgeralcantara@gmail.com), Buena Caza!!!!

Jorge, as much as I would kill for a chance at a desert muley, unfortunately a BC resident can only take hunting (accompany) another person who is a resident of Canada. We can take non-residents of Canada only if they are a direct and close relative. So unless you have a direct relative in Canada, you are going to require the services of a Guide-Outfitter.

There are outfitters that might trade you though (some do it all the time)....you may want to try the GOABC website.

WildKat
01-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope to have another "adventure alone" trip and always talk about an HBC ladies trip.

Hi there! This HBC ladies trip caught my eye as I was reading this thread tonight, if it ever gets aranged, I am in! :) I've done some solo hunting last season, but mostly with my at the time, 4 month old son ... gotta start 'em young. Anyways, am interested in the idea of a ladies hunt ... off to read the rest of the thread!
happy in tha Koots, Kat

bridger
01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Applying for Assiniboine sheep.......

I think you have to be at least 60 yrs old before u can apply.. me too!!!

hunter1947
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Jorge, as much as I would kill for a chance at a desert muley, unfortunately a BC resident can only take hunting (accompany) another person who is a resident of Canada. We can take non-residents of Canada only if they are a direct and close relative. So unless you have a direct relative in Canada, you are going to require the services of a Guide-Outfitter.

There are outfitters that might trade you though (some do it all the time)....you may want to try the GOABC website.

There is a way around this if you don't mind someone that you go with to shoot your mule deer then get a permit to take the deer antlers cape home with you.

In other words You can be on the hunt but can't shoot the animal ????.

proguide66
01-24-2009, 09:26 AM
There is a way around this if you don't mind someone that you go with to shoot your mule deer then get a permit to take the deer antlers cape home with you.

In other words You can be on the hunt but can't shoot the animal ????.
Now yer 'shavin' close to the law !.....this wopuld for sure cause some interest from our local law enforcement!!...

I'm hunting New Zealand for a month( March)..bow/rifle..then spring bears here....helping some dudes get a sheep Aug..elk/moose grizzly in Sept/Oct..then I am FINALLY going to zip an arrow in a MONSTER MOOSE for myself....then wage war on b tails....whew....get that done early , hunt HBC females while they are having a 'female group hunt'..:razz:

M.Dean
01-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I have the biggest hunting trip of my life planned for this season! It's bigger than any trip I've had yet, Pink Mnt, the Empire, the Gang, the Chowada, Skikanni Chief, Chicken Creek,High Bar, Grinders,The Whipsaw, The Bucking Horse, they all pale in comparison! I've slept in -30 in a plastic tents, spent nights sleeping on top of my old Land Rover, wallowed in the mud of the north country, eatten alive by the bugs at Kinross, and yes, burnt the soles off my boots around the camp fire! BUT, This year my oldest grandson turns Ten! Sept 1st Kato and I will be out at first light with his new 260 rifle which I haven't bought yet and hopefully get him his first buck! Story and pics to follow!!!

steelheadSABO
01-24-2009, 09:35 AM
moose hunting up north