PDA

View Full Version : live or frozen bait in Vancouver - where to buy???, bait availability question

ohotnik
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello,

I am looking to buy some bait to use it for trout ice fishing. I heard that frozen krill (small shrimp) works fine, as well as maggots, meal, blood, and wax worms. Regular shrimp works good too, but it is always good to have an alternative. I checked several pet shop, but not avail... Could anybody suggest a good place to buy this staff in Vancouver area? Thank you all in anticipation.

Chinese redneck
01-20-2009, 01:27 AM
Berry's Bait and Tackle- Richmond

3kills
01-20-2009, 01:32 AM
my uncle likes to use imitation crab around here..and if that dont work he uses the good old stand buy cooked shrimp

Sitkaspruce
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
One Word...POWER BAIT!!!!!

We would use shrimp, but when it was not working, we went to Power bait. Now it is all I will use. Cheap, easy to use, and you do not end up eating it:shock::tongue::smile:.

Try it, you might never go back to bait....

Cheers

SS

princetonbc
01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Worms, maggots, shrimp, corn, and even bacon fat.

Dirty
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
You do not want to be using live shrimp from a pet shop or any live fin fish as bait. I believe it is illegal to use fin fish as bait in BC. You can get cooked deli shrimp at any grocery store. Dye them pink or leave them natural. All Tackle shops have jars or bags of krill. I have bought them at hub sports for kokanee fishing.

Fisher-Dude
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Remember that the use, possession, or transport of aquatic invertibrates is illegal in BC.

3kills
01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
You do not want to be using live shrimp from a pet shop or any live fin fish as bait. I believe it is illegal to use fin fish as bait in BC. You can get cooked deli shrimp at any grocery store. Dye them pink or leave them natural. All Tackle shops have jars or bags of krill. I have bought them at hub sports for kokanee fishing.
cooked shrimp is already pink

spreerider
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
check pet stores, most of that stuff i feed to my fish.

frenchbar
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Up in the interior we use woodworms found under the bark of dead pine trees¨,best ice fishing bait imo.slide them on to a pink glow hook and your good to go :smile: