PDA

View Full Version : First time Hunting the Mainland

Marc
10-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Well If I get my truck back from the garage on Friday I'll be on the Ferry at 5:15am Saturday morning heading to the mainland. I'm meeting up with Willyqbc and firebird in Quesnel to do some deer/bear/moose hunting for two weeks. First couple of days we'll be concentration on getting me a freezer buck then we'll be heading northwards for moose. Hopefully we get some decent pictures and video to share on this trip.

Marc.

elkster
10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Marc,

lots of deer in that country, you all have fun. Take lots of pictures.:smile:

oldtimer
10-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Marc, looking forward to meeting you. Pisses me off I had to change plans due to health reasons as i was looking forward to the moose hunt. I may still be able to spend time with you guys around Quesnel. See you Saturday nite hopefully. Mike

Darren
10-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Good luck marc, looking forward to hearing how it goes. Take lots of pictures for us!

rock
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Good luck on the mainland, I'm sure you'll enjoy it , be safe.

rollingrock
10-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Good luck, Marc! I believe you'll enjoy hunting the mainland. It's gonna be tough and fun.

Fred
10-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Watch out for holes in the road Marc, those dipwads up there do not always put out warning signs and those holes can really beat up a vehicle at highway speeds. Trust me and Ex on that one! :oops: Fred

Gateholio
10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
If you head back via Lillooet/Pemberton/Whistler/ Horsshoe Bay, give me a call.

I';m heading out on Sat AM for sheep, but I'll be back by the time you are heading home. I'll buy you dinner/lunch/breakfast/beer if you come through Whistler at the rigth time!:grin:

Be careful of hunting wiht FIrebird. He likes to use liver shots!:grin:

Marc
10-14-2005, 08:55 PM
hey Gatehouse I'd love to give you a call if I'm in that area on the way back, but I don't have your phone number ;)

Well I got my truck back from the garage this afternoon. Had the upper and lower ball joints replaced, rotars, bearings, brake pads, and the piece of pipe that runs from the cat to the mufler. After seing my visa bill i thought that was it my trip was over. Well I've got to say I've got an understanding wife.

Pretty much got the truck loaded up and I have an early morning. Good luck to all of you and play safe.

Marc.

fozzy
10-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Good luck on your trip Marc, may the wind be in your face and the sights and game be plenty.

Our wives must be sisters :) My trips usually start out like that as well :)

Have fun

YukonJack
10-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Well Marc, the way to look at it is that if you get what your after, you'll easily save that amount of money in grocery bills.....fine trade-off as we all see it, I'm sure!Good luck ole' trout....be safe

willyqbc
10-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Well well well......looks like we got us a pretty little city boy headed our way!!! The big headed boy is getting his banjo tuned up as we speak, and everyone in the family is getting out their best over-alls and we're all brushing our tooth!!:mrgreen:
welcome to the interior!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chris

todbartell
10-15-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm scared to go now, but I must be brave...:)

willyqbc
10-15-2005, 12:36 PM
You just best be hopin Ma don't take shine to ya Firebird:shock: .....if she does you best just do what she wants cause there ain't nothin I'm gonna be able to do to help ya!!!:?

See you tonight!!!
Chris

Steeleco
10-15-2005, 12:51 PM
You guy's make me RAFF!!!!

Marc
10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Well I made it to Quesnel in one piece, got turned around in Vancouver a couple of times before I got on the right track. I was greeted by the beverly hillbillies.:mrgreen:

Still waiting on Firebird to finish the three stooges.

Marc.

ruger#1
10-15-2005, 09:37 PM
i hope ie doesnt turn out like deliverence, squeel like a pig, ha ha.

Foxer
10-16-2005, 01:30 AM
i hope ie doesnt turn out like deliverence, squeel like a pig, ha ha.

I was just gonna say .. if they start to play deuling banjo's, back out of the room slowly. :)

Best luck bud - shoot straight and take lots of pictures!

And remember yer in griz territory. Keep one eye open, especially if you get something down.

Have fun!

Salty
10-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds like some good laughs and great hunting comming up. Have a blast boys:-D Take pics;)

3kills
10-17-2005, 03:54 PM
hey marc have a safe good hunting trip...if u go through merritt on the weekend on the way home give me a call and i will see if i can meet up with ya...378-1506 is my number....