PDA

View Full Version : seeing ALOT of cat tracks around squamish!

humble hunter
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Cat hunters please enlighten me. I have never seen anyone out here hunting cats with dogs or without. Is the snow too deep for the dogs or the terrain too tough? I was sledding on the weekend and the cougar and bobcat tracks were unreal. Almost every deer track I saw had a cat track right behind it. There were at least three different sets of cougar tracks over a 10 km stretch. One with a kitten and 2 singles that crisscrossed back and forth across the river bottom. I know bobcats are at their highpoint right now but every couple of hundred yards there was a fresh set of bobcat tracks. I can't work right now due to the snow so I may as well go predator hunting. Is there a reason no one hunts them here, I have a feeling they are very hard on the blacktails here.

Barracuda
01-05-2009, 10:31 PM
check the regs to make sure they are in season and then get yourself a predator call.

the snow right now is nasty deep without a bottom so the dogs are sinking (as are we), if the weather changes and if they can get on top of it and thier feet hold out it would be good (lots of ifs)
as it stands right now we are stuffed.

if you dont mind me asking ? Where abouts were you? if you want to send me a pm it might be good for a chase if it is accessable