PDA

View Full Version : Moose hunting in 5-02 C

Rhys
10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have any maps or directions how to get into Tillicum lake. I have a bull moose LEH in 5-02 C Nov 1-15 and would like to check out this area if possible.

Any other ideas would be great as to where to check out in that region.

Thanks

Rhys

mark
10-12-2005, 06:55 PM
probably find it in the rec atlas, its north of rail lake and timithy mtn. its almost a glorified swamp, but a great area for moose.

Rhys
10-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I couldnt find it in the Rec Atlas, I'll try to look again.

Rhys

ohno
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Rhys,

Check out the following provincial govn't link:
http://lrdw.ca/

click on "View data" in the upper left. Zoom into the area you are interested in and then on the left edge of the screen you should see Map Layers. Open: Imagery and base maps, then Imagery and turn on Trim Orthomosaic. This will give you a picture back drop, but you will need to be zoomed in enough before it will turn on. You can zoom to cooridinates or search for place names on this site as well. The default settings display too much info so you should go in and turn off some layers.

You can also save out your map as a PDF file or print it on your home printer.

The government "should" be making the colour orthophoto available on the net as well, but don't hold your breath.

Hope this helps.
O.

Rhys
10-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the great resource "Ohno" It seems that Tillicum lake is just on the other side of the boundary in 5-02 D from llooking at that site and comparing it to the LEH Synopsis :(

Anyone have any good moose hunting spots around rail lake?

Rhys