PDA

View Full Version : Wind stopper

reddog888
01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey, Im just wondering what you guys think of clothing with wind stopper? Is it worth while to buy and how noisey is the stuff? Im looking at getting a Beretta WindStopper Microfleece Jacket.

Any opinions welcome.....

Sitkaspruce
01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I have a fleece pull over in Gore Wind Stopper and I like it for fishing in the boat. It does not breath as well as it should, but for cutting the wind, it is great. Also kind of water resistant as well.

Cheers

SS

todbartell
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I got the Browning Microfleece jacket at the end of hunting season. Was out the other night cutting firewood wearing it and just a tshirt underneath when it was -10 and windy. It seemed to cut the wind very well. I also got the pants but haven't worn them much outside

BlacktailStalker
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Yep, I rock the North Face windstopper and Simms for fishing. Windstopper enables you to wear less layers thats for sure.

reddog888
01-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, How is it for noise? Would it be good for bow hunting?

Ron.C
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I bought a coat/pants from cabelas last summer with the windstopper in it. Very nice stuff, fit great, but I like my bowhunting cloths to be absolutely silent. I felt is was too noisy as I could hear it when I would raise my arms. As a matter of fact my rain suade raingear was quietter than this stuff. My wife said I was obsessive and nuts and it the stuff was quiet. Maybe so, but I compare all clothing I wear when bowhunting to a fleece jacket and pants and go from there. In the end, what is quiet to one guy may be unacceptable to another. It all depends on what YOUR expectations are.

BlacktailStalker
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Depends on the brand. Mine is quiet but I dont use it for hunting, I hike too much to sacrifice breathability.