PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Capes to Practice On

blaker_99
01-03-2009, 03:05 PM
A while back my brother and I decided to start taxidermy. After several months of research and watching instructional dvd's we are starting to practice on a couple capes we had in the deep freeze. I was wondering if there was anyone out there looking to get rid of or donate capes, hides, antlers of any size still attached to the skull plate etc. Thanks for checking the thread out.

Happy New Years

Blaker_99

blaker_99
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Come on there's gotta be something out there.... Anyone?

Bump this thread

bochunk2000
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I have nothing this year. I had one cape from the buck I got this year but I totally dropped the ball and forgot to keep it for someone. I will try to remember this coming year. I hope you get some to work on.
Steve

mark
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
A little late in the year to be asking for capes... where we supposed to get one now??? if I get a decent buck I sell the cape to a taxi, 50-100 $. I could of gotten ya a few smaller deer capes if you asked earlier!

karlgotch
01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
This might be a stretch, but years ago I needed a cape for a buck that I had taken, I talked to the local CO's and asked them if they would let me know of any roadkill bucks in the area & if I could take the cape. It wasn't five days and I got a call, went out to the site and peeled the cape off, done deal.

May be possible for you to work out a similar arrangement. Legally you can't take a smucked animal without paying the 'roadkill tax' (unless you've got a trappers license), but it might be something to look into.

blaker_99
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys for the responses Mark i know it's a bit late but heck you gotta keep the hunting spirit alive all year long right.... I was going to give Greg Hoyer a call as he is a family friend and possibly he may or may not have access to road kills. Thanks again guys and maybe there's something out there some where.

Wildfoot
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
i got a coyote pelt in my shed you can have.. its frozen, but not fleshed or anything.

500grhollowpoint
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I have a moose skull from about 4 years ago with the antlers still attatched....been sitting on the shed roof for a long time. Pretty bleached but you are welcome to it. I'm in Rutland PM me and you can make arrangements to come grab it if you want it.