PDA

View Full Version : No Tags

Buckmeister
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
So I went to my favorite place to buy tags the other day(new years eve) so that I could purchase a tag to bag me a kitty cat. Guess what? They told me they didn't have a single tag for anything. They sent everything back two weeks ago and they figured they wouldn't have any new tags for at least two more weeks. They said it was because of the hunting audit they do every year. I tried another location and no tag either, but i'm not sure if they were just out or if they sent theirs back too. I was told to go to the access center if I wanted tags but of course it was too late in the day to go there and they were closed on the 1st. That messes me up for a Saturday hunt because if I got a tag today (Fri) it wouldn't be valid until 2 whole days after I bought it according to the regs.

Since all license expire as of the end of March, why don't they do their audit then?

Will
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Since all license expire as of the end of March, why don't they do their audit then?
I've often wondered this when I too have been caught late buying some winter tags.
If there is still an open season for it, the tags should still be available IMO.

FWIW all stores send in thier licenses and tags the end of the year despite the fact many seasons are open and licenses are still valid till March...Might as well make Licenses expire the end of the year too then.:???:

Only solution is to buy ALL your tags for the entire season...Early:wink:

Fisher-Dude
01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Tapping toe, waiting PATIENTLY for online licensing...

Steeleco
01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Tapping toe, waiting PATIENTLY for online licensing...

Same here, I've got more extra pages and staples in my license than a good magazine!!

There's nothing logical about the whole F'n system. It took a question from Mark to get the "boys in the know" to do something about the moose regs!!

MAYBE :mad::mad:

Barracuda
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Hit and miss at time. the wife picked up a Bobcat tag today and they had a few others as well as a couple of couger tags.

hunter1947
01-03-2009, 06:26 AM
I would get on the phone and call more sporting good stores and ask as for calling up the local wildlife branch.

You should be able to pic up a tag at the wildlife branch in your area.

scuba
01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
tags are available at any bc access center or provincial government buildling. found that out last week when trying to buy a leh for spring grizz.

FLHTCUI
01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Right waiting for online licensing, all I see coming out of that is more counterfit documents floating about and the Honest people like us getting the shaft in the end!
Only the Goverment will profit from this practise.
Just my .02 on the subject of online lic.
My appologize for hijacking your thread Buckmeister.

Buckmeister
01-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Right waiting for online licensing, all I see coming out of that is more counterfit documents floating about and the Honest people like us getting the shaft in the end!
Only the Goverment will profit from this practise.
Just my .02 on the subject of online lic.
My appologize for hijacking your thread Buckmeister.

Hey, no sweat. :smile:

bridger
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
you can buy your fishing license on line and it is easy and relatively painless. hunting licenses should be the same