PDA

View Full Version : New to site and to BC!

quackquackbang
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
hello! just would like to get some info and if anyone can help me on the hunting in BC for next season. Im moving from Newfoundland to Kamloops on the 16th and am wondering what good hunting you ca do in that area I mostly hunt Aaterfowl and Moose not much of a selection on the Island!! Well if theres anyone from that area that can help me out plz lt me know thanks and am looking forward to my move to BC.

Heres a little joke!

Two hunters were dragging their dead deer back to their car. Another hunter approached pulling his along too.

"Hey, I don't want to tell you how to do something ... but I can tell you that it's much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won't dig into the ground."

After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it.

A little while later one hunter said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!"

"Yeah, but we're getting farther from the truck," the other added

Bow Walker
01-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Congrats on your upcoming relocation to God's Country ;). You can hunt anything here - or in the 'Loops. Moose, Sheep, Elk, Deer, Ducks, Coyotes, and almost anything you can think of.

Welcome to the site. Don't forget the Newbie Joke Rule.........(and NO Newfie jokes, either! :eek: :biggrin: :cool:) That's way too easy for you.:lol:

quackquackbang
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
just added it to my post!!!

Steeleco
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Welcome to BC and the best hunting site about!!

Bow Walker
01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Every time I hear that one it's worth a chuckle. Thanks and welcome again.

.308win
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard!! Some nice hunting in that area, did alot of work about half hour East of the Loops, saw some great deer!! What part of the Island are you from? I moved up here 10yrs ago from the WhiteBay area! Now living in Clearwater, about a hour and ten North of Kamloops. Hope you have a safe and happy move!!

Perry

NaStY
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the site.

I'm sure Jelvis will be around soon to give you some help with that area. Be careful though.

quackquackbang
01-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Im from Meadows little town across the bay from Corner Brook!

.308win
01-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Im from Meadows little town across the bay from Corner Brook!

Cool! I know a Brent Brake from out that way.....Can't remember if he was exatly from Meadows though!? Good luck on your first hunting year in BC!!!

perry

quackquackbang
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
haha ya i no him haha he lives down the road from me haha small world!! Im Scott Brake by the way!! lol

Will
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Welcome and as suggested some Great hunting around the Loops. :smile:

Downtown
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Howdy;
Hunting is tightly regulated in British Columbia. Long before you do any I would strongly sugest you obtain a copy of the current "Hunting Regulations" free of charge and available at most Sporting Good Stores. Do yourself a favour and read this 100 page Magazine systematically from cover to cover and conduct yourself acordingly.

You may also obtain a free of charge copy directly from the Ministry of Environment (MOE) just write them a letter they help you out.

Welcome to BC

d6dan
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Like the Newfies say "stay where your at,I'll come to where your too".