PDA

View Full Version : posting photos

bushape
10-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey,
Can someone let me know how to post a photo on here.

thx

Red Foreman
10-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I copied this from another site,will work here as well

There are 2 different ways to post pictures on this forum.

The first is the easiest.
Simply resize your picture to less than 400 pixels in either height or width and then you can place it in your post by using the "Attach file" feature below the text box that you type in when you start a new thread or add to an existing one.
Hit the "Browse" button beside the "Attach File" text box and you can go to and select the picture file located on your computer to upload to your post.

The second method of displaying a picture is a little more complicated in that you must have a way to post your picture to a third party picture posting host that allows remote linking. Hunt101 for example is one free site that allows this.

Remote linking allows for displaying a larger images than are possible with the "Attach File" feature of this forum.

PLEASE NOTE however that I request that the largest picture linked this way is no bigger than 640 pixels in either height or width. Any larger and you will : A) "Blow out the thread" or in other words the picture will appear larger than the text boxes and a person trying to read the thread needs to use the scroll buttons to move the page from side to side, and B) Pictures larger than 640 x 480 take forever to download for those of us on a dial up connection. Additionally on that same note please avoid posting pictures in a bitmap (bmp) format as they are not compressed like a jpeg and are almost impossible for us dial-up users to download.

To post via a remote link you have to know the web address, known as the URL, of your picture.

the url will look something like this: http://www3.telus.net/cariboo6699/smalbuck.JPG

To make the picture visible in the thread all you have to do is enclose the URL in the formating tags that allow the forum software know you are trying to post a picture.

Your finished command line will look something like this:

[img]http://www3.telus.net/cariboo6699/smalbuck.JPG[/im*] (except use a "g" where I just used a * in the closing tag )

Done properly the reader will not see the formating but will only see the picture. The following picture is what you would have seen if I had not used a * in the closing image tag in the example above.

Red Foreman
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
To get the url of the photo right click on the pic,then click on properties.Copy the address.

Marc
10-10-2005, 05:35 PM
The best way is to upload your picture to the photo gallery section provided and then link it from there. If you look in the bugs and glitch section there is a decription on how to post pictures.

Marc.