PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech Brand

Fireball129
12-30-2008, 10:55 AM
was wondering if anyone has or knows how these compare to Hoyt,PSE,or Martin bows?Thanks

Elkhound
12-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I have a bowtech. Love it. But not experienced enough to compare it with other brands. But a lot of archery forums talk about them in a great way.

Chillybilly
12-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I have owned many PSE and a few Martin and I would not trade my Bowtech for anything. Smooth shooting and not any kind of kick. You can shoot all day!

Ron.C
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
First and I think most important,make sure the bow you buy fits you right or it won't matter who makes the bow, it'll be uncomfortable and you won't shoot it well.
I have owned Bowtech/Mathews/PSE. I currently shoot a Bowtech Allegience that I have owned for almost two years. I really like the bow and it shoots great. Very smooth draw, and I like the adjustable draw stop which allows you to micro tune your draw length. I do like it better than any of my previous bows, but if I didn't, I wouldn't of bought it. I would have loved to try a couple of the new Mathews bows, but there are no dealers in my area, and I refuse to buy another bow without getting my hands on it first. I have tried a couple Hoyts, but they just don't feel comfortable to me. But they do make great bows, it's just a feel thing I guess. I have also shot a PSE Xforce a couple times and a couple friends shoot them. Very nice bow, very smooth and fast, 330fps+, but I think you need to have better than average shooting form to shoot these fast bows with consistent accuracy as they are not as forgiving as some of the bows that shoot in the 270-300 fps range.
I think the key thing to do with any product regardless of the manufacturer is keep an open mind and try as many different products as you can before you lay down your hard earned money. Unless of course this is simply not possible, then do as much research as you can. Also, this is just my opinion, don't put alot of stock into the lone guys that say they hate brand X. If there is a true lemmon of a product out there, the consumer reports will show this, and there are to many guys out there that will say Brand X sucks just becuase they own Brand Y.

Unless someone is sponsoring you and paying you to shoot their bow, you won't go wrong in purchasing any bow made from a reputable manufactuer PSE/AR/BOWTECH/DIAMOND/MATHEWS/HOYT/MARTIN................

mikek blacktail
12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I've owned a hoyt and a pse I now have a boetech guardian and I'' never go back the matthews bow would be my second choice.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I have owned Martin, Hoyt, Pse and now i own Bowtech ....

I liked the Martins I owned but when looking for another bow the Hoyt fit me right ...while owning several Hoyts over the last few years I tried Bowtech and at the time the grip did not feel right to me .... I tried a Bowtech in 08 and it fit me like a glove, I currently own a BT 101st Airborne and I have a new Brigadier on the way ... (I ordered that with specs in mind since none have actually been made yet ... start production in January) the Pses i have owned granted are older now and not so much top shelf but were great to learn on ... but have shot some of the newer ones and found them hard to tune and get arrows to spine properly to.

My Faves are Bowtech and Hoyt for sure because they now work well for me ... you should go try as many as you can

oldtimer
12-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I own a Bowtech. a 2007 Commander. It is not superfast but boy is it quiet and fits me like a glove. Mike

bigwhiteys
12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
For Christmas I was given a BowTech Flatliner along with a bunch of arrows, and a release. It looks like I am going to take up bowhunting!

Is there a Bowtech dealer in Nanaimo/Parksville/Qualicum/Courtney area that can help me get everything adjusted and setup correctly...? Their websites dealer locator doesn't seem to show Canada.

BearDen Sports?

Carl

Ron.C
12-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Carl,
I don't know about Nanaimo and north, but Richard at Buckeys Sports in Duncan can help you get your bow set up for a small fee. He's not a Bowtech dealer, but you don't need to be a dealer in that specific bow to do a basic setup. But there really isn't any rocket science involved that a little research on the internet or questions posted here won't answer for ya. That's the great thing about archery, you can do most of it yourself! Also, there are some 3d shoots comming up, first one is on 11 Jan at Cowichan Bowmen. Come on out. Skill levels vary from never shot before to some guys that are very good with various types of bows. It's alot of fun and there is a wealth of information/experience that can be drawn upon as well.

Ron

daycort
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
does anyone know how the APA bows hold up.

bigwhiteys
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Carl, I don't know about Nanaimo and north, but Richard at Buckeys Sports in Duncan can help you get your bow set up for a small fee. He's not a Bowtech dealer, but you don't need to be a dealer in that specific bow to do a basic setup.

Thanks Ron, I think it said on the Bowtech website it had to be serviced/setup by a bowtech dealer or the warranty was void???

I am brand new to archery (never shot a compound before) so I just need a little help getting the bow fine tuned I guess. No problem paying, I'll likely end up dropping a couple hundred bucks on broadheads, targets and any other cool shiny things related to archery that I can be convinced that I am gonna need :)

3D shoots are something I am definitely interested in... I'd just like to make sure I can hit something I am aiming at first!

Carl

Bow Walker
12-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I have owned PSE, Martin, Hoyt, and Diamond (made by Bowtech)....I have handled and shot APA, Alpine, and Mathews.

My current bows are the Diamond Liberty, which is an '06 model and a Hoyt Vectrix XL, which is an '07 model. I am very pleased with them.

Of all the above brand names the only one that I'd pass on would be the Alpine. It just didn't feel right in my mitts.

You cannot go wrong with any of the "big five".

Ron.C
12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Carl,

I pulled this off the Bowtech site. As per para 5. If you want to get your bow serviced under warranty, you'll need to have purchased it from an authorized Bowtech Dealer. I read nothing that says only an authorized Bowtech Dealer can set up your bow. Any reputable bow shop will do the same things to set up your bow that you would do yourself at home " install sight/rest/peep and adjust accordingly". Can't see how that will void your warranty. The user guide will tell you to loosen limb bolts before pressing the bow, and how far you can safely loosen the limb bolts and how to adjust your draw stop if fitted as these are things can cause catastrophic failure if the instructions are not followed. This info is provided in the user guide because many guys/gals do these adjusments themselves.

"EXCLUSIONS
1. Original Owner. Warranty applies to the original owner only and is nontransferable.

2. Components Not Covered. Cables, strings, wheel bushings, bearings, paint and/or film dipped finishes are not included in warranty.

3. Damage Not Covered. Damage caused by abuse, mishandling, dry-firing, alteration or modification to original product, or shooting of arrows less than five grains per pound of draw weight may render the warranty void.

4. Warranty Card. For the Warranty to be in effect, the Warranty card must be completed and properly returned to BowTech – with a copy of the purchase receipt – within 30 days of purchase for Warranty to be in effect.

5. Authorized Dealer. The BowTech Warranty covers only bows bought from Authorized BowTech Dealers. Contact BowTech (888-689-1289) if you are unsure if the person you are buying from is an authorized dealer."

pupper
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
bowtech is best

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
the Flatliner is a bow only availible in Canada nice lil' bow

Bowtech is also pretty good if you dont have a "official" dealer withing 30 miles of your house as the crow flies then any competant shop can service your bow.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
does anyone know how the APA bows hold up.

The APA is a good bow ... at one point in time they were using Bowtech parts on their own riser ... Not sure who makes their Components now if anyone but they are top shelf for sure

bigwhiteys
12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks again Ron!

All of the bows components were installed when I got it but the guy at the bow shop told my dad it would still need to be properly setup/tuned for me by a proshop somewhere. They also put the bow into it's case and forgot to give me the manual and warranty card!!!

the Flatliner is a bow only availible in Canada nice lil' bow

This is what I was told also... It's hard to find any info on the bow as Bowtech doesn't even list it on their website.

I can't wait to start shooting it... Now I need to buy a target(s) and some broadheads.

Carl

jessbennett
12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
get a big burlap sack and fill it with shrink wrap. they last a long time and arrows will not go through. cheap and reliable......:smile:

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2008, 12:26 PM
yep what Jess said .. that works great for feild points ...

Take some 2" rigid foam insulation ..cut into 2' sqaures and duct tape about 10 peices together .... works great for BH target ....

If you know anyone that bales straw ... a small retangle bale works too

If you wanna buy a Target though....Lemme know and i will be happy to price some out for you

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Flat Liner info
http://www.northsylva.com/ArcheryFlatp3.jpg

according to Bowtech distributer here is a list of Flatliner Dealers

http://www.northsylva.com/dealers.html

Kudu
12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
was wondering if anyone has or knows how these compare to Hoyt,PSE,or Martin bows?Thanks

I have the PSE - Dream season, Taking it to Africa next April -There is nothing in North America that this bow wont take - However, any of the big five are all going to be great bows - don't overlook this one either by the way.....

http://www.elitearchery.com/Home.html

The GT500 is selling like hotcakes to my mates in South Africa - They all love the 100lb draw weight launching 1000grain arrows into big game....

FlyingHigh
01-01-2009, 03:35 PM
i owned a PSE, and now a Bowtech. I will never go back! i love my Bowtech. It's killing me to have to sell it. But when the time comes to buy another one, it'll be Bowtech for sure. The only one I've handled that has come close to feeling as good in my hand was Archery Research.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-01-2009, 05:06 PM
AR is built by PSE

Dirty
01-01-2009, 05:17 PM
AR is built by PSE

Bahahaha so true. I own an Alpine and like it. I used to have a Bowtech and it didn't fit my shooting style. I have heard good things about the new PSE's.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-01-2009, 08:32 PM
..... it didn't fit my shooting style. .......

That is the Key Phrase right there .. Find one that fits you and your style

bushpig slayer
01-08-2009, 08:11 AM
i have a bowtech 2nd one and they kick ass.i've had pse not as good not even close.smart choice to go with!