PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't get my Hunting Licence because...

DanC
12-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I moved to BC in Late May 2008 and lived in a campground for 4 months. I tried to switch to my BC licence and they told me I can't prove I've lived here for at least 6 months. I took in a ROE from my BC employer (a rafting company) and they said too bad so sad. I can't legally use my Ontario licence because it expires in a week and I have to have lived in Ontario for 6 of the last 12 months which I haven't. Any ideas how I can resolve this and be out in the woods shooting Snowshoes? As it stands they are telling me I have to wait until February.

Thanks for any help

Dan C

elkdom
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
buy a "non-residents hunting licence" you dont need a Registered BC guide to acompany you when hunting small game or birds with a non resident hunting lcence," page 9 BC regs 2008-2009 synopsis", proof of CORE is all you require and ID as DL or Birth Cert,

Steeleco
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
How about old mail, or bank statements?? Good luck!!

knighthunter
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think you even need proof of core, just proof of Hunter safety from any province.

1/2 slam
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Sucks to be you but the rules are the rules. The only other option is a non resident licence. You need a resident, wit a permit, to accompany you.You're OK for small game with it.

DanC
12-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Rules are Rules sure but I've lived in BC for over 6 months and have records showing employment in BC but apparently that doesn't prove anything. I guess lots of people must commute from ONtario to BC for work and thats why - or maybe it's so they can get an extra 40 bucks out of me.

Visle
12-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I believe the answers you've got are the path to take ..a non resident hunting licence that will cost you $50 and it will allow you to hunt small game and game birds.There shouldn't be a need to have a resident hunter accompany you as the Permit to Accompany applies to big game and a call to your local CO or Government agent sghould verify this.

Gateholio
12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Should have applied for BCDL when you got here..:razz:

But anyway, if you want to hunt bunnies, you can get a non res HL

huntwriter
12-23-2008, 04:40 PM

That’s what I have been thinking too. Also bills you may have received since you arrived here in BC and addressed to that camp you lived. Employer statement and insurance card. Anything you can think of that could serve as proof.

Caveman
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM

P.O. Box # for the last six months to show you were here??, since no street address likely exists.