PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops coyote

action99
12-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Lookin for a little help in the Kamloops area. I don't think finding coyotes is a huge problem but I was just wondering if there are any calls that work better then others? Is howling or pup yelps better then rabbit in distress? Does a guy just need to have everything on hand to ensure success? Any help on this would be great.......Ok and if you know of a great spot to try I would be willin to try it LOL
Thanks

Wildfoot
12-20-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.predatorhuntcanada.ca/

Will
12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Lots of Doggies this year around the loops ! Had one running down our street this morning :-o

Lac du bois/Tranquille of course but they are really smart up there....I think every dog has been shot at once or twice up there:rolleyes:

PHC(PredHuntCan) as suggested is a Great Place to find out calling tips etc...I called yotes pretty religously for two winters here before I actually took one that came in to my efforts, some get lucky right away others it can take awhile...don't get frustrated, keep at it.

There is this Fella on there(PHC)...a God really but his name escapes me..Tod something ? Anyways he can steer you in the right direction.
Happy Hunting :smile:

action99
12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks Will.

Chuck
12-21-2008, 04:07 PM
They DO learn fast and if duped in by a particular sounding call, and manage to escape with their hide in tact, (ie. missed by inches) they might not come back to that call again too soon. Try especially hard not to miss your shot.

boxhitch
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Try especially hard not to miss your shot.And if that means not taking an iffy shot, so be it. Save teh shot and your next opp may be better for it.
TB will tell you about the downside of educating coyotes to the poor shots.

action99
12-22-2008, 04:41 PM
No problem missing any shots this morning, didn't see a thing today. Got out a little late so I think I will be up for first light tomorrow.