PDA

View Full Version : Gun clubs

tooty
12-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Who's clubs are members of bcwf.What are the benefits?

sawmill
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Kimberley gun club,there are no benifits,we don`t have a range.Maybe next year if the immigrant Swiss granola heads let us.

Salty
12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Who's clubs are members of bcwf.What are the benefits?

The last two clubs I've belonged to are in cahoots with the bcwf. Key benefit is affordable and excellent liability insurance.

orion
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Nanaimo Fish & Game is an affiliate. Benefits are the liability insurance as mentioned above and having someone speak on behalf of the hunteres of BC although oft times I find myself at odds with the Fed.'s position.

Mr. Dean
12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
IMO all hunters should be members. Being that this organization is the one that gov turns to for input.... The stronger the base (members), the more clout that it can offer.

Then there's the other 'perks' that have been outlined; seconday IMO to why I belong.

Mr. Dean
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
For a list of clubs that are affiliates, look around in here: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/regions/

sneg
12-19-2008, 12:24 PM
you also can be direct member of BCWF with insurace benefits

MOWITCH SLAYER
12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Armstrong rod and gun club is linked to BCWF and it's what us hunters can do for the cause not what are the benefits !

12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
The most important benefit as I see it is that at the club level you can provide and add your own personal input into what goes forward from BCWF to government, or into BCWF policy.

Wolfman
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Kimberley gun club,there are no benifits,we don`t have a range.Maybe next year if the immigrant Swiss granola heads let us.

Those damn granola-heads are up in Kimberly too!!!!!!?

Gateholio
12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
The most important benefit as I see it is that at the club level you can provide and add your own personal input into what goes forward from BCWF to government, or into BCWF policy.

x2

It's the most direct route to gv't to voice your concerns.:smile:

fowl language
12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
i understand that the fed. has a new policy that covers both quads and boats up to a set footage for additional money but it sounds like excellent insurance.it has come to the attention of some clubs that the nra insurance might be cheaper but all of your events have to be sanctioned by them or they are not covered,besides 35000 members has a powerful voice with the govt.the govt recently came to them for ideas on how to make the regs. easier top understand and have given them seat on a number of committees.for example they have the seat in your area for elk i understand as well as the sea to sky corridor.....fowl

sawmill
12-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Those damn granola-heads are up in Kimberly too!!!!!!?
As if we didn`t have enough already,now we are importing them.Must be all the Yodeling and Accordian music.Or that Worlds Largest Cookoo Clock we have in the Platzle(town square for all of you who ain`t been to the Bavarian of the Rockies..........:sad:)

bridger
12-21-2008, 05:46 AM
the real benefit of you or your club belonging to the bcwf is that the bcwf is the political voice of the resident hunters and fishermam in our province. the executive and committee members put in a lot of long hours working on our behalf on a great many issues to protect our opportunities to enjoy the outdoors of our great province. If every hunter and fisherman in the province joined the fed and donated only $100 a year the results on the politics of hunting and fishing would be enormous.