PDA

View Full Version : Ladner Marsh - Not my day for Pintails!

dutchie
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Well went to the Ladner Marsh today. We were shooting away and I had my heart set on a Pintail Drake... That is what my goal to kill was and if it was nice I was going to mount it.

So the widgion were out if full force and we took a few first off and we shot a hen and the hen did the slow sinking flight as far away and then went down. A eagle came and took it and we didn't think the Eagle got it but it was way to far away so Tod went out to get it with the boat.

when Tod was out realizing the Eagle stole a bird, pintail drake somes flying into out spred with out us realizing it. So i scared it up shot it! first one is under it, my dad shoots under it 2 times and I hit him hard. Beautiful full plumage Pintail drake. Now i am starting to have dreams of my new mount.

THEN, the same damn Eagle that stole the widgion hen, came and stole my Pintail 30 yds in front of us! the worst part about it was that the eagle droped him somewere in the dense brush...

So a few birds in the boat later we get a single pintail drake in again. I shoot, hit it, dad shoots hits it, i shoot again and hit it, and it starts to do the slow decent down,and then it just topples in the water, then gets up and flys about 500yds down river into the brush.

just was not my day for the pintails:icon_frow

So i went to my special feild in surrey and banged down a Mallard Drake and a Mallard hen with 2 shots taken.

Very fun day. Thanks again Storm!

sneg
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds like nice day. Last year pintails were flying like crazy just before season closure.You will get you chance ..
Can not wait till weekend

FLHTCUI
12-17-2008, 10:15 AM
You guys should start to watch the tides and the weather , cause when the snow stops flying and melts the feilds will be loaded with hungry birds, its just to bad the feilds didnt freeze for a week before the snow hit.
As for the Pins, keep your eyes peeled cause you never know when a Canvas Back will make an apperance ;)
Rob