PDA

View Full Version : most creative way to get the meat home?

Fixit
12-16-2008, 01:03 AM
as i sold my big 4x4 last year, i used my 91 volvo this year to bring the meat home. anyone else get creative to get the job done? Lets see some picts

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf26b3127ccec5db2201ae8d00000070O12QZs2Lls0ZA9 vPg4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Fixit
12-16-2008, 01:04 AM
and no my car doesnt have pink pinstriping, camera started doing that a few months ago...

BigBanger
12-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Sure , the old "its the camera" bs eh . LoL .

The Dawg
12-16-2008, 02:27 AM
and no my car doesnt have pink pinstriping, camera started doing that a few months ago...

If thats true, how come these other pics you posted recently arent pinstriped? :)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29200

Gateholio
12-16-2008, 06:17 AM
as i sold my big 4x4 last year, i used my 91 volvo this year to bring the meat home. anyone else get creative to get the job done? Lets see some picts

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf26b3127ccec5db2201ae8d00000070O12QZs2Lls0ZA9 vPg4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Why does this remind me of the movie "Goodfellas?":shock:

kennyj
12-16-2008, 06:49 AM
De-bone it and put it in a cooler.Sorry on pics.
kenny.

David Heitsman
12-16-2008, 07:57 AM
This isn't about getting it home but one time my friend and I were deer hunting out of a motel in Oroville, WA.

I had shot a small 4 X 3 and had had to de-bone it to get it off Mt. Chopaka in our back packs. The temp was pushing 60 F during the afternoons so we rigged up a system to sling the pieces of meat from the shower rod and with rope looped back and forth to the bars on the window.

Then when we left for the day we'd crank the AC on and put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign. Of course it all dripped into the tub and it looked like an Amityville Horror scene in the bathroom. Fortunately we never got caught
by the housecleaning personnel as I'm sure that would have become a police incident.

BiG Boar
12-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Mini van with a few tarps. That was as bad as it got.

jakerazer
12-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't have pictures but we took a buick skylark from port mody to Dawson creek for the winter elk hunt a few years ago. We came back with two cow elk. One in the trunk and one in the back seat. Drove all the way home with the windows down. That was a chilly drive in January.

KevinB
12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
This isn't about getting it home but one time my friend and I were deer hunting out of a motel in Oroville, WA.

I had shot a small 4 X 3 and had had to de-bone it to get it off Mt. Chopaka in our back packs. The temp was pushing 60 F during the afternoons so we rigged up a system to sling the pieces of meat from the shower rod and with rope looped back and forth to the bars on the window.

Then when we left for the day we'd crank the AC on and put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign. Of course it all dripped into the tub and it looked like an Amityville Horror scene in the bathroom. Fortunately we never got caught
by the housecleaning personnel as I'm sure that would have become a police incident.

Now that's ingenuity at work. I have nothing that even comes close to that.

rishu_pepper
12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Station wagon (Ford Focus), my forkie skinned and headless, in the back :D

Sitkaspruce
12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I don't have any pictures, but back in the late eighties, I used to have a Chevy Citation hatchback. One weekend, we decided to take a trip to PA and do a weekend hunt. We were coming from Bamfield and on the way to Port we shot a big 3x4, gutted it and put it the back of the car. Next was an Island wolf that stood too long on the road, now it was placed next to the deer, before the trip to Port was over, we shot a 2x2 and placed it in the car. Now we needed to get to Victoria to get the meat cut up and the wolf and big deer mounted. The looks we got while driving over the Malahat and through Victoria was priceless:smile:. Two nice deer and a wolf in the back of a hatchback had people slowing down/speeding up to take another look. That old car was a v6/5 speed that would go any where.

Cheers

SS

mark
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Back seat of a $100. honda civic! I could plow snow with the bumper, it to went anywhere! Had another buck in the trunk of a borrowed camero once too, no pics! Ya I shot some little bucks in my younger days!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/CCF12162008_00000.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=11966)

Brambles
12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Those pics are pricelss Mark, looks like the deer is just hangin out, you should have gone through the the drive-thru and asked for two double doubles, one for you and one for your buddy

H Wally
12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Should have arranged it like it was sleeping and said it was your pet deer:p

Very heavy sleepers, those pet deer.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, it wasn't meat but I had fun delivering Calvin's tanned Grizz hide to him for a surprize.

Rolled down the passenger window about 2/3 the way down and stuck the bear out the window just like you see a dog hanging out a window. Paws also draped over(with some good rakers).

Got some pretty interesting looks driving through town. My barking made sure I got some attention...especially from some lady walking her pitbull. I think the dog crapped right on the street.

Sorry no pics.

SSS

goatdancer
12-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Mark - the back seat of a Honda Civic, eh? Don't think you could get anything bigger than that in there so it's a good thing you only shot little ones back then....:biggrin:

gerrygoat
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
There sure are some funny stories on this thread.
I got a small moose one time and had to bring it home in my '85 Chevy S10 Blazer. We crammed 3 quarters behind the rear seat and put the 4th and the head on the back seat, seat belted in of course.

BCbillies has a good story hopefully he reads this thread.

Big7
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
My first bear I shot I put in the trunk of my chevy cavalier! Make do with what you have!!

mark
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I got a small moose one time and had to bring it home in my '85 Chevy S10 Blazer. We crammed 3 quarters behind the rear seat and put the 4th and the head on the back seat, seat belted in of course.

An S-10 blazer..... roomey in my opinion! Try cramming a whole moose in a tracker! :mrgreen:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/medium/IMG_2251_Medium_.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=6547&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent)

huntingfamily
12-16-2008, 06:25 PM
This is how you get a moose home...ON top of the civic :-P

Benthos
12-16-2008, 06:27 PM
This is how you get a moose home...ON top of the civic :-P

that is great!

Shooter
12-16-2008, 06:30 PM
not me but thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/elk17.jpg

MB_Boy
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Back seat of a $100. honda civic! I could plow snow with the bumper, it to went anywhere! Had another buck in the trunk of a borrowed camero once too, no pics! Ya I shot some little bucks in my younger days!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/CCF12162008_00000.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=11966)

Nice rainbow sticker Mark.....be proud and full of "pride". :biggrin::biggrin:

rocksteady
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Mark, did that not cramp your style a bit when you took the lady to the drive-in the following week???? Did you tell her who/what was in the back seat before you 2 hopped in the back???:shock::shock:

Jetboater
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
when I worked at Hub Sports a customer was so excited after catching his first white spring on the vedder that he brought it by to show us.... a sight I will never forget..was a fifty pound ripe buck strapped to the front seat without a bag... seat belted in with milt all over the seat...he had a slime layer built up on the seat that covered both sides....

my younger brother stpped by with a buck he shot in the back of his mazda 626 a few years ago....

this year I was bringing my wifes christmas present home in the front seat ... I got quite a few shocked looks with a 4 point deer mount riding shotgun....one lady sped up and slowed down about 8 times trying to figure out if it was alive....everytime she went past I moved it into a different position so it looked alive....

mark
12-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Mark, did that not cramp your style a bit when you took the lady to the drive-in the following week???? Did you tell her who/what was in the back seat before you 2 hopped in the back???:shock::shock:

When she noticed all the blood and hair, I said, oh that's from my last date! :shock:

mark
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
this year I was bringing my wifes christmas present home in the front seat ... I got quite a few shocked looks with a 4 point deer mount riding shotgun....one lady sped up and slowed down about 8 times trying to figure out if it was alive....everytime she went past I moved it into a different position so it looked alive....

This reminds me of another one. Years ago in 100 mile house, on a dark and snowy night. My neighbor witnessed a cow moose run out and kiss the front end of a semi. twas a very clean head kill, and she just laid there on the side of the highway. He contacted a CO and got permission to salvage the moose. He was alone, and driving a toyota pickup. After some head scratching and deciding he couldnt load it in the truck, he decided to DRAG it home (about 15 miles of highway). The heavy snow and ice saved the hide and only some hair was missing. He said motorists passed him, then slowed down in the fast lane, had another look, "yup its a moose" then passed him again! Probably wouldnt fly to well in the lowerwasteland!

budismyhorse
12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
when I worked at Hub Sports a customer was so excited after catching his first white spring on the vedder that he brought it by to show us.... a sight I will never forget..was a fifty pound ripe buck strapped to the front seat without a bag... seat belted in with milt all over the seat...he had a slime layer built up on the seat that covered both sides....

Quite the sight! and no one with a camera????

rishu_pepper
12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
my younger brother stpped by with a buck he shot in the back of his mazda 626 a few years ago.....

So... what bait did he use to lure the buck inside the Mazda? :lol:

Jetboater
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
So... what bait did he use to lure the buck inside the Mazda? :lol:
coyote kaibob

dunbartr
12-16-2008, 11:57 PM
An S-10 blazer..... roomey in my opinion! Try cramming a whole moose in a tracker! :mrgreen:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/medium/IMG_2251_Medium_.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=6547&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent)

Your not the first to do that, haven't quite done it yet myself, but know lots that have. I love using those units for hunting/retrieval........ sure see a lot of guys towing them up along these days on their northern trips.

huntcoop
12-17-2008, 12:08 AM
A buddy of mine crammed a nice blacktail into the truck of his Toyota MR2.

bad arrow
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Years ago in the koots 3 of us went hunting in buddies torino and came back with 2-4 point mulies, and a 4 point whitetail all in the trunk, it had a 429 in it, with a huge trunk.

BCbillies
12-20-2008, 01:03 AM

I finally found this thread . . . not enough time in the day to read everything.

Anyways a buddy and I were transporting a lifesize grizzly back to my house in the dead of night. With the grizz in the back of the open pickup and me crouched down we headed across town. At the first major intersection we turned and I had a tough time keeping the bear upright and I let my buddy know to slow down. Well needless to say he swerved the truck a little and drove very slowly across the two bridges into town. I managed to peek out and saw a cop right on our tail. Once we turned off at Timmy Horton's the red and blue lights lit up. The officer went up to my buddy and gave him a good go over to see what he had been drinking. My buddy mentioned about his friend that was with him and the officer took a good look around the cab with his flashlight and couldn't find the "friend". I couldn't contain myself any longer and perked up with a "HI OFFICER" from the rear. I explained what we were up to and then he left us on our merry way while he dipped in for glazed donut. :razz: All in a days work!

Gateholio
12-20-2008, 01:37 AM
I finally found this thread . . . not enough time in the day to read everything.

Anyways a buddy and I were transporting a lifesize grizzly back to my house in the dead of night. With the grizz in the back of the open pickup and me crouched down we headed across town. At the first major intersection we turned and I had a tough time keeping the bear upright and I let my buddy know to slow down. Well needless to say he swerved the truck a little and drove very slowly across the two bridges into town. I managed to peek out and saw a cop right on our tail. Once we turned off at Timmy Horton's the red and blue lights lit up. The officer went up to my buddy and gave him a good go over to see what he had been drinking. My buddy mentioned about his friend that was with him and the officer took a good look around the cab with his flashlight and couldn't find the "friend". I couldn't contain myself any longer and perked up with a "HI OFFICER" from the rear. I explained what we were up to and then he left us on our merry way while he dipped in for glazed donut. :razz: All in a days work!

The last couple of years, proguiode66 has trucked his lifesize grizz mount to our annual banquet, it's always a big conversation piece. One guy sits int he back of the truck and holds onto it...So far, the cops haven't pulled them over, but the looks on peoples faces is always funny as a monster grizz in the back of a truck makes his way through town...:tongue:

ianwuzhere
12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
pink pin striping on a 91 volvo? WOW and i thought i seen red neck things that were bad...Gotta be lower mainland born and bred;)
creative- one time i put a stinky mulie buck in back of my suv with the stinky glands still on the hind legs. up until i saw this pic i thought i was messed up;)
is that a fawn???

Fixit
12-20-2008, 11:08 PM
ok the car doesnt have ANY pink pinstriping!!!!

come on give a guy a break.....

in the trunk was my first deer, spiked buck