PDA

View Full Version : My Son's first rifle

kgriz
12-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Well I was going to buy my son Brady a pellet rifle for his 6th b-day but after some thinking I decided that if I was going to spend the money and have to supervise him anyways, I might as well buy something that will truly last him until he can give it to one of his kids someday. I bought him a Crickett model 245 ( synthetic/stainless) in .22 and I couldn't be happier with it. It is basically a scaled down version of my model 700 rifle and fits him great. I took him out this morning and we did some target shooting and him and the rifle both did great. Combine it with some x-country skis that his Auntie Lorna bought him and it was a great morning....I couldn't be prouder of him. Elk and sheep in 2012 better look out and maybe even the europeans in 2020 for olympic biathalon!:-D
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z268/mikekozak/2012biathalon.jpg

Will
12-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Great Pic ! :smile:

Brambles
12-14-2008, 03:18 PM
neat little gun, where did you pick it up? and if you don't mind me asking, what do they cost?

kgriz
12-14-2008, 03:18 PM
thanks, it was one of those gifts and then days that will be bright in my mind forever...I still remember getting my first rifle:smile: as I'm sure that everybody does.

12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a great day, dad with his boy, love to here he's doing great, awesome to get young blood into our great sport !
Way to go dad!
CT

kgriz
12-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I bought it at Corlane's in Dawson Creek for $199. There are many similar brands around but Davey Crickett ones come with an internal safety that blocks the bolt when pushed and requires a key to be unlocked that I carry ( kind of like a bike-lock or cheaper gunsafe key). I thought it would be handy for walking around with him while he carries it; obviously he is to handle it properly but it sure doesn't hurt to have the extra precaution. As for the price, any pellet gun I was interested in was within $50 so I thought at least this one won't wear out.

hunter1947
12-15-2008, 07:22 AM
He looks like he is ready for anything the way he is pushing them skies.
Good choice on the gun for your son to get him started ,when I got my first .22 I thought I was king of the mountain and on top of the world.

kgriz
12-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Yeah, its definitely a gift you will always remember

eaglesnester
12-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Outstanding' Here is one young lad that sure as hell will not be hanging out in malls or getting cramps in his thumbs from playing video games. This opens up a whole new world for him. He can learn tracking and trailing, habitat of all the critters he can hunt, and what they eat. What a great way to build a relationship with your son. He will never in his entire life forget what you are doing for him and he will pass it on to his kids.
Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

BEARSLAYER
12-15-2008, 09:50 AM
now that is a birrthday present any kid would love to have. Looks like a great day for a ski. I looked at one of those guns and will pick one up when I have grandkids of my own.