PDA

View Full Version : 3-15 help a bro out

rchoward101
10-05-2005, 09:21 AM
hey guys i am new member and new hunter this season

so far i have had some luck and bagged an opening day 2x2 buck in region 2 very good tasting... sorry no pics we were too busy gutting and skinning for pics as both of us had never hunted big game before, all went well and much was learned in the process (like bring a whetsone...)

on an trip earlier this season we stopped by 3-15 and went up into the alpine looking for evidence of game the co stopped us and said there were lotes of deer there and that they were hybrids so they don't get much pressure from trophy hunters as only one deer in region 3 is allowed, heck of nice guy i couldn't ask for more from him very professional.

i am not a trophy hunter i am a but a humble freezer hunter i have a 4x4 with lots of clearance and i like to hike and hike and drive buy mostly hike. I am well equipped for multi day backcountry trips. i live in downtown vancouver and i really would like to hunt this are more as it is beautiful and closer to vancouver and at 1.20 a litre that is a concern.

any info on this area would really help me out i have topos but and info related to trails... good cut blocks... roads access... tails of other hunts successful or not... any info would really help the area i am most interested in is directly north of the nahatlach river near the koppi junction... pm if you don't want the world to know as i can understand

thank for your time

Freshtracks
10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
pm sent ....;-)

ruger#1
10-05-2005, 09:08 PM
used to get alot of deer out of the kwoiek creek area lots of cut blocks. lots of deer seen along the fraser river in that area, once you break through the thick brush it opens up a little bit. you just have to be careful earlyer in the season a lot of pot grown there, kwoiek creek you could almost drive to the glaicer. lots of lakes, cream green water and lots of alpine. there is also a small mineral pool lots of deer tracks. couldnt get there last year due to a big rock slide. hope they cleaned it up this year.

Freshtracks
10-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Never did try that area ruger#1.

Apparanetly you can't get much past the FS camp site at the lower lake. Apparanetly the bridge is taken out and the roads all deactivated. On foot from there in. Hunting would be good in a few years.

Here a site that gives some info on the area and roads.

http://www.riversedgecabins.com/kwoiek_creek.html

ruger#1
10-06-2005, 02:36 PM
well there used to be lots of grouse and deer back there, they might open it up again, lots of other areas bc is big.