PDA

View Full Version : Peachland/8-08 Newbie Advice

burnt03
10-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Is anyone on the board from around here?

I'm a noob, wondering if someone might be able to give me a tip on where to go above Peachland. I've been out Silver Lake way and seen quite a bit of sign and a few doe (and one buck that was too quick for me :( ) but that's about it.

Or just some general advice would be nice too :mrgreen:

Thanks!

jackson13
10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
go up around the Darke Lake area by Summerland

nwt2002
10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I used to hunt alot above peachland, I havent been there for a few years. It used to be a great place to hunt, but after they put in the connector the hunting seemed to go down hill.

I used to hunt around head waters and always found a buck or two wandering around. The guys I used to hunt with have taken some big mulies out of there.

burnt03
10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll have to check around Headwaters next time. Otherwise, I'll keep the Connector excuse in mind when I get shot down this season ;)

greenbike1
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I spent last week up on the wart. Seen six moose 1 spike fork, lots of does. Bucks were elusive but they are there. I was probably a bit to high as most of the deer were lower down. Get out of your truck or off your atv and you will see more. There must be a word in deer language for Truck!!!. If you are in Peachland try working you way up to Elkhart or Loon exit should be lots to see.

Fred
10-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I used to see game quite often when I travelled Bear or Sunset Mains several years ago. That like most things has probably changed though! :-( Fred

fozzy
10-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Just got back from there with a nice 3pt.

Along the Princeton Summerland Rd up by Munroe lake should be good or Glen Lk forest service rd then towards Kathleen Lk. Stick to south facing hill sides too.

I prefer to stick to the timber and still hunt or pick a spot with two or more trails coming together (that have recent sign) and wait awhile, they'll come along as long as the wind is in your favour.
More than anything just put in the time, and take your time while you're walking.

burnt03
10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys.

Do any of you know of an online resource w/ the forestry roads on them?

My father in law and his buddy got a moose up by Headwaters this afternoon. Bastids :) So I guess there's something up there other than tracks and poo

Rob
10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
My wife has a whitetail doe draw in 8-08, we cruised along the sunset main rd, and took the quad up some other trails/roads. I agree you probly need to get off the quad to see more game but we have a 2 year old daughter with us. We didnt see a single deer but did see lots of moose sign. Since we are on the topic does anyone know the road from Peachland lake down to Peachland? for some reason i couldnt find it yesterday, or does anyone know some decent area for white tails? in 8-08? Thanks Rob.

fozzy
10-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't know of any online maps but mussio ventures puts out pretty good map books, there is one for the Okanogan/Kamloops for about $15. They are fairly accurate at least enough to get around with a bit of imagination as well:lol:

358mag
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
if your a bow hunter try the late season around Darke<Fish> Lake hear lots of big Mulies come out of that area most shot late over apple plup bait piles with crossbow

mtnmax
02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I am a newby to this site but have hunted Peachland for almost 10yrs. Always been good to me. Big mulies up high and the whities are down low. Lots of white tails on the hill just behind the city yard on Peachland main. Oh ya, you need to walk into the trees.