PDA

View Full Version : otter on the mountain

ruger#1
12-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Was out today looking for a bobcat , was at the 1500ft level and came across a otter, It was funny to see , I dont know where it was going, and the snow wasnt to far away.

Jelvis
12-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Maybe a marten---look up marten--eats squirrels

Pete
12-13-2008, 10:25 PM
My partner and I came accross an otter at over 5000 ft mark on the Jubilee heading down hill. This was in the the dead of winter.

Gateholio
12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Long distance runner, what you standin there for?
Get up, get out, get out of the door
Your playin cold music on the barroom floor
Drowned in your laughter and dead to the core.
Theres a dragon with matches thats loose on the town
Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down.

Otter! Otter on the mountain!

Almost ablaze still you dont feel the heat
It takes all you got just to stay on the beat.
You say its a livin, we all gotta eat
But youre here alone, theres no one to compete.
If mercys a busness, I wish it for you
More than just ashes when your dreams come true.

Long distance runner, what you holdin out for?
Caught in slow motion in a dash for the door.
The flame from your stage has now spread to the floor
You gave all you had. why you wanna give more?
The more that you give, the more it will take
To the thin line beyond which you really cant fake.

12-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Gate thats toooo funny !

Was it a sea otter too?

Them Russians chased em clear into the mountains.

I wonder what kind of clams there eating up there, lol !!
Just had too
CT

hunter1947
12-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Im sure it new where it was going ,otters will travel a long ways over land when they are looking for a mate and right now is matting season for them.

I have been told by Jim Hatter the person I took my trapping course from years ago.
He said that otters are very good at covering ground on land when it comes to finding a mate.

The CO asked me to take the catch and release otters I caught up about 10 miles into the bush in Gordon river area from the Sidney area south island.

TIKA 300
12-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Im sure it new where it was going ,otters will travel a long ways over land when they are looking for a mate and right now is matting season for them.

I have been told by Jim Hatter the person I took my trapping course from years ago.
He said that otters are very good at covering ground on land when it comes to finding a mate.

The CO asked me to take the catch and release otters I caught up about 10 miles into the bush in Gordon river area from the Sidney area south island.

Facts we dont know,pretty cool post and comments. TK

ruger#1
12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info Wayne, and Jello it was a otter, Had it backed against a log thats why it was hissing at us. Sure was a cool experience, Seen fishers around Boston Bar , Also seen wolverine around Fort Nielson. Lots of fun in the woods this year and the past years.

K-1
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
That would be a River Otter. They live in either fresh or salt water.

RiverOtter
12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure river otters breed the same time as the other mustelid's, which is late winter. They can and do travel over land between water sources though.

Pretty cool experience, Ruger.