PDA

View Full Version : does and cows

Sikanni Stalker
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Well the does and cow elk opens tomorrow for 5 days. I am going out for deer tomorrow and then out for elk. I'll post pics when I get back.

BCHunter
10-05-2005, 06:56 AM
rub it in man!

lol jk good luck

Freshtracks
10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Best of luck ... if I'd played my cards right I'd be in FSJ right now working for 3 months. But I'm still down here and my bro-in-law is there. Not sure what job it is. Any shut downs going on there?

Sikanni Stalker
10-06-2005, 07:40 AM
We got two does last night, going to get one more tonight and then Elk.

Freshtracks, what do you mean about shutdowns? What do you do? There is tons of jobs here man.

Thunderstix
10-06-2005, 08:36 AM
My guess is M/W or P/F

Sikanni Stalker
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
My guess is M/W or P/F

?????????? now I'm confused.

Freshtracks
10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Thunderstix]My guess is M/W or P/F

?????????? now I'm confused.

LOL ... by shutdowns I mean are any mills plants doing any refits(repairs)? I believe Thunderstix is asking if I'm a M=machinist, W=welder, P/F=pipefitter. No, no and no. I'm a sheetmetal worker (tinbasher) ... HVAC or Industrial blowpipe installation. I did the library at UNBC, man I wish I stayed there.:-(

Next chance I talk to the bro in-law, I'll ask where he's working.

Congrats on the does ... be tasty eating. Good luck on the cow elk.

My weekend is a ? Youngest son just got over being sick since last Sunday, oldest has been sick since yesterday and I was expecting to head out Saturday morn early. :icon_frow Might be a solo trip.:sad:

Fred
10-06-2005, 09:49 PM
This isn't the best time to be looking at moving FT, but there is tons of work for people in your field in Dawson and you would be looking at probably 70 to 90K per year. HOWEVER, there is an acute shortage of rental housing there right now and one would have to buy immediatly or take along your own house. Fred

Freshtracks
10-06-2005, 10:25 PM
This isn't the best time to be looking at moving FT, but there is tons of work for people in your field in Dawson and you would be looking at probably 70 to 90K per year. HOWEVER, there is an acute shortage of rental housing there right now and one would have to buy immediatly or take along your own house. Fred

LOL ... Fred my wife said no to moving to PG in '94, kids were young ect. ... The thought of Dawson or FSJ intrigues me, I only got 15 more years till I start enjoying life, as for accom's, I could look at buying. Man I'd be in heaven. :grin:

I'm thinking I'll be moved from the Big Smoke in a minimum 5 years. I'm probably looking at the Okanagan though.

Sikanni Stalker
10-06-2005, 11:01 PM
yeah I moved from the island last fall. Great move for my hobbies. Fred is right though about houising though, rents are really high for this part of the world and they go fast. dawson real estate is still really cheap by comparison to the region, but it's going up.
thanks for clearing up the M/F P/F too!

Well I got my doe tonight. Just an elk tag to fill and my last bear tag.Should keep me busy until whiteys open in November.

Thunderstix
10-07-2005, 05:56 AM
M/W= Millwright....at least that is how it was always short-formed at the famous Skeena Cellulose. The other one was correct:-D